TRUMP is baaaaaaaaaaaack !!!!!

Jim Jordan's Oversight Crusade Faces First Setback from Biden Admin​

With less than a week left of the 117th Congress, the Biden White House's efforts to hinder a Republican-controlled House have already begun.

On Thursday, GOP Representative Jim Jordan, who is expected to chair the House Judiciary Committee, received a letter from White House Counsel Richard Sauber informing him that he'd have to restart his oversight demands and that the Biden administration had no plans to respond to the onslaught of recent requests.

"Congress has not delegated such [oversight] authority to individual members of Congress who are not committee chairmen, and the House has not done so under its current Rules," Sauber wrote, according to a letter obtained by Politico.

Republican Representative James Comer, who is expected to head the Oversight Committee, also received one of Sauber's letters.

Shortly after it became clear the GOP would take the majority after the midterms, both congressmen began demanding records from the Biden administration and vowed to investigate a number of issues related to the federal government—including the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan, the Department of Justice, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas' response to the situation at the border, and Biden's *******, Hunter.

does this mean you are proud of the big deficit you helped create?​

Republicans Went From Being Thrifters on Deficits to Big …

Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins
WebThe GOP's political rhetoric rung hollow with the two-year budget deal President Donald Trump signed into law on Friday. It raises spending by $320 billion over existing spending

Once Again, the Republicans Are the Biggest Spenders of All

WebMay 03, 2017 · Once Again, the Republicans Are the Biggest Spenders of All BIG TALK When Democrats have power, Republicans rail about deficits and debt. When they have power? …

Republicans Went From Being Thrifters on Deficits to Big …

Published: Aug 3, 2019

Author: Joseph Ze…

Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins
WebThe GOP's political rhetoric rung hollow with the two-year budget deal President Donald Trump signed into law on Friday. It raises spending by $320 billion over existing spending

d1d.gif

Last edited:
Check this out
The data from the mid terms showing republicans actually turned out to vote and in some cases more turned out to vote than democrats.
Where republican candidates lost -
Republicans were voting for the democrat candidate.
Guess you trumptards are even more minority than first thought

Jared Kushner ordered for Biden to be excluded from Covid planning after election, Jan 6 witness claims​

Jared Kushner, Donald Trump’s *******-in-law, personally ordered the Biden administration to be excluded from Covid-19 planning in the wake of the 2020 election, a Jan 6 committee witness has claimed.

In the days and weeks after Joe Biden defeated Mr Trump, he frequently castigated the Trump administration for failing to enter a formal transition process, in which new, incoming staff are brought up to speed by their outgoing counterparts.

With the nation gripped by the Covid-19 pandemic, he was particularly angered that by slowing the transition process, Mr Trump’s actions could lead to more deaths.

Speaking in Delaware, two weeks after election day, Mr Biden said: “If we have to wait until Jan 20 to start that planning, it puts us behind. More people may die if we don’t coordinate.”

It has now been revealed that the decision to bar the Biden administration from planning came from Mr Kushner, according to new transcripts from the House select committee investigating January 6.

A former Trump administration official, Alyssa Farah Griffin, told the committee that Dr Deborah Birx, who headed the White House’s coronavirus task ******* under Mr Trump, had in the days after election day, asked if the Biden team should be looped in to plans to combat the pandemic.

“Absolutely not,” Ms Griffin said Mr Kushner had told the meeting.

She added: “And then we just moved on”.

The transcript of Ms Griffin’s interview with members of the Jan 6 committee is among hundreds of documents that have been released a week after the committee issued its final report and referred four criminal charges relating to Mr Trump to the Department of Justice.

A special prosecutor is already looking into various allegations against the former president.

Mr Biden came into office with an aim to deliver 100 million Covid vaccines in his first 100 days. Yet his team did not get information about the development of the vaccine stockpile until well into January 2021.

On the week of 14 January 2021, it finally gained access to Tiberius, the government’s tracking software created to keep tabs on vaccine distribution and administration.

By December 2022, at least 99 million people in the US had contracted Covid, and more than one million had died.

Suddenly, the GOP wants a piece of the action​

Before last week’s successful vote for the omnibus spending bill, which will keep the government running through September, there was a bit of concern that it might not exceed the necessary 60-vote threshold in the Senate. In the end, 18 Republicans voted for it.

There was no doubt about its passage in the House. (Legislation there needs a simple majority; the Democrats still had that during the lame-duck session.) Even so, nine House Republicans voted for it.

Those who voted no, like New York’s Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, still reaped the benefits of the nearly $2 trillion spending bill. The congresswoman asked for and got an earmark worth $20 million.

Most of the rest of the funds earmarked by opponents of the omnibus spending bill, about $2.8 billion, according to Roll Call, were co-sponsored or sponsored by 110 House Republicans. The Senate’s Bill Cassidy, Thom Tillis and Cynthia Hyde-Smith also voted no, but asked for and received earmarks to the tune of $391 million.

OK, why am I bringing this up?

It seems to me that the vote for the omnibus bill revealed a desire among a goodly number of Republicans to bring home the bacon.

That’s worth pondering.

During the Obama years, everything the Republicans did was in opposition to the Democrats, even if the Democrats were bringing to the floor legislation the Republicans previously supported. If the result was no bacon, well, so be it. (The Republicans spearheaded the effort to deep-six earmarks. The Democrats revived them last year.)

Biden’s tenure began with some resistance, but Mitch McConnell hasn’t been as committed, when it comes to spending, as he was during the Obama years. (The Senate minority leader said in 2010 that the top GOP goal was making Obama a one-term president.) For the omnibus vote, he was downright wishy-washy. He said voting for it was a good idea but could imagine waiting till the next congress.

Kevin McCarthy, who is vying to become the next speaker, vowed to ******* off future bills supported by Senate Republicans who voted for the omnibus. He said that while knowing full well that 110 House Republicans would bring home the bacon after the bill’s passage.

Some Senate Republicans blamed McConnell for poor leadership.
Utah’s Mike Lee wanted to punt the omnibus into next year after a Republican House is sworn in. But then 18 of his colleagues voted for it. “Our party leadership turned on Republican voters, turned on the Republican base, turned on most Republican senators,” Lee said.

Not really, though. Mitch McConnell didn’t do anything 18 Senators didn’t want. He didn’t do anything 110 House Republicans didn’t want.

They all wanted a piece of the action.

No longer believable

But why now? What makes this time different?

A possible answer arises from the midterms.

The Republicans expected to perform better among independent voters. According to the AP, they won 38 percent of indies in 2022. The Democrats, in contrast, won 51 percent in 2018. The party accustomed to enjoying a backlash didn’t enjoy one this time. They lost indies in this year’s midterm by two stunning percentage points.

The AP report goes on to suggest that indie voters broke this time for the Democrats, because the Republicans’ campaigns were almost entirely negative
. They attempted to yoke Democratic candidates to inflation, gas prices and Joe Biden’s soft job approval numbers. While the Republicans were good at spelling out problems facing the country, according to the AP, they didn’t spell out solutions.

“You’ve got to tell them what you’re going to do,”
David Winston, a GOP pollster, told the AP. “Somehow the Republican campaigns managed not to do that. And that’s a real serious problem.”

Eh, maybe.

Barack Obama and the Democrats had solutions galore during the 2010 midterms, but their problem-solving prowess did not prevent their “shellacking.” Indies this year didn’t blame Biden for inflation and high prices, according to the AP. It’s hard to imagine America’s first Black president getting that degree of the benefit of the doubt.

Indies just didn’t believe him.

Then again, Obama presided over an economy teetering on the fixtures of “neoliberalism,” which is to say, on tax cuts, deregulation and minimal “intervention” by the state. The pandemic changed that. At its peak, the US government floated more than 70 percent of payrolls. By the time Biden said more could be done to juice the economy, voters were already primed for more “Big Government.”

Once indie voters – or “respectable white people” – saw that active government could improve their lives, not just other people’s lives, the GOP’s anti-government rhetoric probably sounded old, even archaic.

So I don’t think indies broke for the Democrats because the Democrats had solutions. They broke for the Democrats, because, unlike in 2010, indie voters no longer believed the Republicans.

Thinking up something new

In his bid for the speakership, Kevin McCarthy is pandering to the party’s extreme right, that is, members of his conference who apparently don’t care about bringing home the bacon. The point of their existence isn’t getting a piece of the action. It’s saying no.

If that sounds like something a dozen years old, that’s because it is.

Meanwhile, other Republicans, especially in the Senate, even Mitch McConnell, the “gravedigger of democracy,” seem to understand that the times are a-changin’.
Lying about the Democrats while trusting indie voters to trust them – that combo isn’t working anymore. The party of no must rethink the utility of no. No works if it results in Democratic defeat. No doesn’t work if it defeats the party of no.

Thinking up something new is going to take time, though.

Until then, the Republicans got a piece of the action.

Trump and his allies turn on 'lapdog' Hannity: 'Throw him in the garbage'​

Donald Trump's most fervent supporters are turning on Fox News host Sean Hannity.

Right-wing attorney Lin Wood and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell -- who have been feuding with one another -- are speaking out against the Fox News host's admission that he doesn't believe the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump, and Steve Bannon, right-wing radio host Stew Peters and reportedly even the former president himself have soured on Hannity, reported The Daily Beast.

“Sean Hannity is disgusting,” Lindell told the website. “He’s a terrible journalist that does not do his job or his diligence [on] election crime. He doesn’t seem to have any concern over any election problems in the country, and it’s disgusting."

Wood, who said he'd known Hannity since 1996 and considered him a friend, showed The Daily Beast screenshots from a text conversation they'd had where Hannity agreed the election had been stolen, but the Fox News star admitted in a deposition from the Dominion Voting Systems defamation lawsuit that he never believed that “for one second.”

Immunity Posed as Possibility for Trump, People Are Furious​

If you ever want to know what people think of former president Donald J. Trump not going to prison over the January 6th riots, just ask Twitter. When posed with the question of whether people would let Trump off the hook for January 6th for a promise not to run for president in 2024, the reactions were heavily one-sided.

@joncoopertweets
·
Follow
If Donald Trump agreed not to run for President again for prosecutorial immunity, would you let him off the hook?

A brave man acknowledges the strengths of others.
@Zalman13934361
·
Follow
Every single lawmaker who contributed to the attempted coup should be removed from office and banned from ever pursuing public office of any kind. This is fraud and there is more than enough evidence to prove the intent of those involved.

TPBlue4
·
Follow
No. No deals. No immunity. Prison!

upchuck66
·
Follow
Hell no! He needs to be indicted, successfully prosecuted, convicted & removed from society for the rest of his life.
6:57 PM · Dec 28, 2022

nScott
·
Follow
Hell no! He's a terrorist and needs to be prosecuted. He completed the one act Osama Bin Laden couldn't by storming our capitol building. He should suffer the same fate as that terrorist.

It has been some time since I have responded though that was when the thread got to 1100 posts, if I recall that correctly! Along with starting my post, I would like to thank @subhub174014 for the welcome back and @blkdlaur (which I was surprised by the welcome gesture and appreciate)! I wanted to state this though before the New Year arrives which is to graciously thank my young people for coming out to vote! Young people, especially young women, were the individuals that stopped the so-called "red wave" from coming! The three things that motivated young people to come in droves were 1) abortion rights 2) climate change and 3) gun violence! The two generations that helped tremendously along with myself were the Millennials and Gen Z voters! Now, being that I am an Independent, my preference is the party that does those three things which are 1) protecting women's rights, which is abortion 2) Climate change which is very important along with 3) Gun violence! So, of course, young voters will prefer the Democratic Party because they flow more to our preferences! Plus, my young people were instrumental in getting Raphael Warnock re-elected in my home state, which I am very excited about! It was a very fun night, in my home city, when that happened! I especially have a news article that shows the importance of how young voters affected the election, which put a big smile on my face!!

Oh yes, before I depart because I am helping the Fulton County district attorney in an importance case, I would like to state that my home state is actually a Purple state! And, I know so many people on the outside looking in still feel that my home state is Red fail to really know what is going on in my home state especially the media! Now, the Republicans did win the Governor's race as well as the LG, Secretary of State, and the Attorney General races, but, not very many realize how quickly the demographics are changing though! When you have two Republican counties in my home state that voted Republican years ago that ARE NOW voting Democratic, that is huge! Of course, there are some big Republican counties in my home state but there is only two and then you have the rural counties! But, here is the key though, my home state has numerous counties that are Democratic and each county is huge especially the biggest county in the entire city of Atlanta, which is predominantly Black, which is Fulton County where Fani Willis resides! It is truly a blessing to work on her team! And, I also have to thank Stacy Abrams for constructing an effective ground team that will be here, in my home state, for years to come, and also the groups New Project Georgia and Black Voters Matter branch in my home state! Well, my departing time is here, so have to concentrate my time on helping Ms. Willis!!

Last edited:
Back