Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And around and around we go - where she stops, nobody knows - I call that a circle jerk.

Won't (or in your case can't) respond to the question. What I do is no different than what you and sub do, you copy and paste your left wing BS and call it fact.

Its all you can do Two. Circle jerk...Unfortunately for you everything I post is backed up by fact ( and I speak for myself here) . Where as yours, well, we all know its just your opinion based on..... ..someone else's opinion. Basically meaning you have zero credibility above the chuckles circle jerk off you seem to love so well. Something you did again today..... See showing you for what you are is all toooooo easy!

Here's a piece of advice I was given about you. And not from some-one from these political threads. Given your propensity to ignoring what you don't like, ignoring questions when they don't suit your hidden agenda, making up BS and claiming its fact (even when your proven wrong), trying to BS that you are only right and everyone else is wrong because of 'reasons', It's no wonder no- one wants to have any sort of discourse with you. as you have proven time and time again YOU are incapable of doing so.

As for answering questions. Had to laugh at your egotistic claims again. As for can't. You keep believing that if it helps you sleep at night.

Enjoy! And farewell!

Unfortunately for you everything I post is backed up by fact
No, it's not - but continue...

Where as yours, well, we all know its just your opinion based on..... ..someone else's opinion.
Some of it is Opinion, yes, some of it is because I agree with the opinions in the videos, but never have I stated something as fact, without baking it up. Again (and I know it does no good asking) I'll ask you to link to these so called "lies" I posted. I won't hold my breath.

Given your propensity to ignoring what you don't like, ignoring questions when they don't suit your hidden agenda,
And what questions would those be? You can't stop insulting me long enough to ask a question.

making up BS and claiming its fact (even when your proven wrong),
Please link to an example of this "made up BS". But again, you can't.

trying to BS that you are only right and everyone else is wrong because of 'reasons',
Again, please link to where I have made this statement, never have I made such a statement. You wouldn't be lying now would you? (pst - I think you are)

It's no wonder no- one wants to have any sort of discourse with you.
You mean people on the left - you know, those "all inclusive open minded left", those people?

As for answering questions. Had to laugh at your egotistic claims again. As for can't. You keep believing that if it helps you sleep at night.
And you still ignore the question (you know, just like you previously accused me of doing ;) )

You forget, I was raised in an era of Sticks and Stones. You can insult and lie about me all you want. It doesn't upset me or hurt my feelings. You know, it's really ironic. A lot of the #WalkAway videos I posted all mention one thing in common as to why they walked away - the Left has become too hostile and closed minded, their opinion of course, but I have to agree and I have to thank you and sub for proving that on a daily basis.

Have a good weekend! :lips:

Last edited:
Man Accidentally Burns Home Down After Lighting Nike Shoes On Fire In Protest Of Nike’s Colin Kaepernick Ad

394.jpg

Former President Barack Obama attacks President Trump, calls on Americans to vote in midterm elections

Nicole Gaudiano

WASHINGTON — Previewing his midterm campaign message, former President Barack Obama on Friday launched a direct attack on President Donald Trump and Republicans, and called on Americans to "restore some semblance of sanity to our politics" by voting.
He told students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign that they are coming of age during a time when the powerful and privileged are pushing back on America's ideals.
"It did not start with Donald Trump," Obama said. "He is a symptom, not the cause. He’s just capitalizing on resentments that politicians have been fanning for years."

Obama made a case against voter apathy by unloading on the current state of the Republican Party, saying among other things that they are abdicating their responsibilities by doing nothing "when the president does something crazy."
Other voices will fill the void and "the politics of fear and resentment" will take hold when people don't vote.
"They’ll promise to clean up corruption and then plunder away," he said. "They start undermining norms that assure accountability and they appeal to racial nationalism that’s barely veiled.
"Sound familiar?" he asked.
Obama said it's not an exaggeration to say the midterm elections are the most important in his lifetime.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...te-in-midterm-elections/ar-BBMZvGv?ocid=ientp

Funny

Trump calls for U.S. probe of NY Times after critical anonymous column
Reuters
U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday called on the U.S. Justice Department to investigate the New York Times after the news outlet published a column this week by an anonymous administration official questioning his fitness for office.
Trump also said he was weighing taking action against the Times, whose shares moved briefly lower after his comments were made public.
"We’re going to see. I’m looking at that right now," Trump told reporters aboard Air ******* One.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions "should be investigating who the author of that piece was because I really believe it's national security."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-calls-u-probe-york-times-anonymous-column-165324132--finance.html

Hey....now we don't have to read the book....the movie is out!

'Are you ready to save America?': Michael Moore and David Hogg premiere 'Fahrenheit 11/9' in Toronto

Michael Moore’s latest documentary, Fahrenheit 11/9 — a semi-sequel to his 2004 hit, Fahrenheit 9/11 — is engineered to get viewers of all political persuasions up in arms about the current state of the American democratic experiment as represented by President Trump. But the Oscar-winning filmmaker himself was in high spirits at the movie’s Toronto International Film Festival premiere last night.
That’s probably due to the standing ovation he received — along with cries of “Michael Moore for president!” — and the fact that he was joined by some special guests who are prominently featured in the movie. Those guests included April Cook-Hawkins, who blew the whistle on the Michigan state government for its lack of accountability in the still-ongoing Flint water crisis, and David Hogg, a survivor of the school shooting in February in Parkland, Fla. Taking the stage, the 18-year-old gun-control activist hugged Cook-Hawkins as Moore looked on beaming, and then he addressed the cheering audience directly: “I have a question for you guys: Who is ready to save America?”
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...emiere-fahrenheit-11-9-toronto-135128962.html

this guy just does not know when to shut his fucking trap!

Donald Trump Gets Torched On Twitter Over Abraham Lincoln Comparison
Lee Moran,HuffPost

Folks on Twitter couldn’t resist poking fun at President Donald Trump after he claimed he would be remembered like Abraham Lincoln.
You know when Abraham Lincoln made the Gettysburg Address speech, great speech, you know he was ridiculed?” Trump said during a political rally speech in Billings, Montana, on Thursday. “He was excoriated by the fake news. They had fake news.”
“Fifty years after his death they said it may have been the greatest speech ever made in America,” Trump added. “I have a feeling that’s going to happen with us. In different ways, that’s going to happen with us.”
Many people on Twitter were astonished by the claim, and used the social media platform to explain why:

Lfoster @Lfoster1250
· 14h

Replying to @IndivisibleNet
Donald, I know Abraham Lincoln. I served with him. Abraham

George Conway @gtconway3d

The coverage of President Lincoln’s address in the New York Times was quite favorable,

gloria blount @BlountGblount61

Trump said tonight in Montana that his speeches (rants and ramblings to the sane) will possibly go down in history as

Maggie Haberman

@maggieNYT

· 15h

Did not get the sense that the NYT op-ed was a burning issue for the Montana rally crowd tonight as Trump talked about it for a bit.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-gets-torched-twitter-104004647.html

Just a Thought......But since when is it a matter of national security to find out who said the president was unhinged?

the president needs to get out more....he would hear it a lot more...and maybe the whole country is lacking national security

Vulnerability in America’s lower income brackets poses a risk to the economy

There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics. This famous saying popularized by American humorist Mark Twain aptly describes the current use of economic statistics to paint an overly rosy picture of our economic health.
Too often, we rely on aggregate numbers or averages which camouflage the uneven distribution of economic progress (or lack thereof) among lower income families. For instance, the use of aggregates in calculating GDP masks the fact that those economic gains remain heavily skewed toward the rich. Similarly, the use of averages in reporting wage gains conceals distortions caused by booming wages among higher paid workers and the fact that by traditional measures, hourly real wages for most middle-class workers have slightly declined.

d143e1403ff74e4a2c1f5535b1f3869d

This same type of distortion was at work in some recent Wall Street analysis of statistics released by the New York Fed on household borrowing. The NY Fed reported that household borrowing had hit a new peak of $13.29 trillion in the second quarter of 2018, far surpassing its peak of $12.68 trillion in the frothy years preceding the financial crisis. Some analysts argued that this was actually good news because while household borrowing was up, so was consumers’ disposable (after-tax) income, which hit $15.46 trillion in the second quarter.
This put the debt-to-income ratio (DTI) at 86%, significantly lower than its all-time high of 116% in 2008 at the peak of the housing bubble. Thus, American households were financially healthy and had plenty of room to borrow even more, or so the argument went.

Lower-income groups have more trouble paying off debt
It is true that household debt in nominal dollars doesn’t tell you whether American households are over-extended without comparing that debt to the income available to repay it. However, to use the go-go years leading up to the crisis as the benchmark for sustainable rates of household borrowing is questionable, to say the least. In fact, household DTI’s were substantially lower than today’s levels throughout the post-war years. It wasn’t until the early 2000s that they started to escalate with the subprime lending craze. So by historical norms, even at 86%, household DTIs are quite high.
More importantly, aggregate debt-to-income ratios tell us little about the affordability of that debt among various income levels. Rich people may be borrowing a lot but then, they can afford it. Lower income households living near subsistence have scant capacity to absorb any debt. Unfortunately, detailed data about household borrowing among income groups is notoriously difficult to obtain.

c4d4a9ce89fbf50e7a931e5b20306eb4

The New York Fed does provide some data on household debt growth rates by income level. This data show that non-mortgage household borrowing (primarily credit cards, auto, and student loans) has grown significantly over the past 5 years among lower income families, while mortgage loans have declined. Mortgage lending standards have tightened since the crisis, but now those families may be getting in over their heads with non-mortgage borrowing. Indeed, non-mortgage debt has grown by a whopping 38% over the past 5 years and its ratio to disposable income is even higher than during the pre-crisis years.
Another statistic Wall Street analysts have cited to argue that American households are not over-borrowing is the sharp increase in household net-worth relative to income, a common measure of balance sheet health. However, here again, to get an accurate picture, you must get behind aggregate numbers and look at the distribution of wealth by income level.

6f96a34eff8be040f0841693b576c1b3

A more sophisticated analysis by Deutsche Bank found that net-worth to income ratios are distorted by rich households who have benefited mightily from appreciating home prices and an exuberant stock market. Net-worth to income ratios have actually fallen for households at all income levels except for the top 10%. The Deutsche analysis also found that “leverage”— the ratio of a family’s debt to its assets — had increased significantly for households in the bottom 40% of income, while decreasing for families in the upper income tiers. Given the massive loss of home ownership following the crisis among low- and middle-income families and their lack of equity ownership, they now have little in the way of assets to buffer them against financial stress. These lower income families are more fragile than ever, suffering from increased debt, stagnant or declining wages, and lack of assets.

674cc871be5f25560d03164cf2680a40

While noting these troubling trends among lower income families, Deutsche analysts concluded that they would not pose a threat to consumer spending as wealthier households represent a greater share of total consumption. However, a recent Reuters analysis reached a different conclusion, finding that spending by the bottom 60% of earners has accounted for most of the rise in consumer spending over the past two years. This breaks a decades-old trend of upper income households accounting for the lion’s share of consumer spending and portends trouble for the economy, as consumer spending accounts for over two-thirds of GDP growth. Reuters also found that spending increases among lower income households far outpaced their meager wage gains and that given their scant savings, they were presumably funding much of this increased consumption with debt.

The financial resilience of our lower income households matters to the health of our overall economy. It also matters to our financial stability. Rapid growth in consumer debt, particularly among economically distressed populations, can be a harbinger of recession and financial crisis. A growing body of research, led by the International Monetary Fund and others, shows that while high levels of consumer borrowing can provide short-term stimulus to an economy, in the long term, it will slow growth and risk financial crisis. As overburdened households are eventually ****** to curb consumer spending to service their debt, the economy will slow and defaults will increase, leading banks to pull back on credit — severely if the banks themselves are over leveraged and lack the capacity to absorb credit losses. This is precisely the cycle we experienced in 2008.
Things are not as bad as they were during the subprime crisis — yet. But if we are to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past, we need to stop deluding ourselves with Twain’s damnable statistics. We need a clear-eyed understanding of the fragile financial condition of our most vulnerable households with better data and policies that would increase their disposable income. Regressive payroll taxes, high health care premiums, escalating education costs, poorly designed means testing of programs — all weigh on the purchasing power of working families and cry out for forceful policy responses.

We cannot keep trying to fulfill working families’ financial needs with more and more consumer borrowing. Economic growth sustained by broadly shared prosperity will be lasting. Growth supported by unaffordable debt will eventually collapse.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...me-brackets-poses-risk-economy-122920739.html

Vulnerability in America’s lower income brackets poses a risk to the economy

There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics. This famous saying popularized by American humorist Mark Twain aptly describes the current use of economic statistics to paint an overly rosy picture of our economic health.
Too often, we rely on aggregate numbers or averages which camouflage the uneven distribution of economic progress (or lack thereof) among lower income families. For instance, the use of aggregates in calculating GDP masks the fact that those economic gains remain heavily skewed toward the rich. Similarly, the use of averages in reporting wage gains conceals distortions caused by booming wages among higher paid workers and the fact that by traditional measures, hourly real wages for most middle-class workers have slightly declined.

d143e1403ff74e4a2c1f5535b1f3869d

This same type of distortion was at work in some recent Wall Street analysis of statistics released by the New York Fed on household borrowing. The NY Fed reported that household borrowing had hit a new peak of $13.29 trillion in the second quarter of 2018, far surpassing its peak of $12.68 trillion in the frothy years preceding the financial crisis. Some analysts argued that this was actually good news because while household borrowing was up, so was consumers’ disposable (after-tax) income, which hit $15.46 trillion in the second quarter.
This put the debt-to-income ratio (DTI) at 86%, significantly lower than its all-time high of 116% in 2008 at the peak of the housing bubble. Thus, American households were financially healthy and had plenty of room to borrow even more, or so the argument went.

Lower-income groups have more trouble paying off debt
It is true that household debt in nominal dollars doesn’t tell you whether American households are over-extended without comparing that debt to the income available to repay it. However, to use the go-go years leading up to the crisis as the benchmark for sustainable rates of household borrowing is questionable, to say the least. In fact, household DTI’s were substantially lower than today’s levels throughout the post-war years. It wasn’t until the early 2000s that they started to escalate with the subprime lending craze. So by historical norms, even at 86%, household DTIs are quite high.
More importantly, aggregate debt-to-income ratios tell us little about the affordability of that debt among various income levels. Rich people may be borrowing a lot but then, they can afford it. Lower income households living near subsistence have scant capacity to absorb any debt. Unfortunately, detailed data about household borrowing among income groups is notoriously difficult to obtain.

c4d4a9ce89fbf50e7a931e5b20306eb4

The New York Fed does provide some data on household debt growth rates by income level. This data show that non-mortgage household borrowing (primarily credit cards, auto, and student loans) has grown significantly over the past 5 years among lower income families, while mortgage loans have declined. Mortgage lending standards have tightened since the crisis, but now those families may be getting in over their heads with non-mortgage borrowing. Indeed, non-mortgage debt has grown by a whopping 38% over the past 5 years and its ratio to disposable income is even higher than during the pre-crisis years.
Another statistic Wall Street analysts have cited to argue that American households are not over-borrowing is the sharp increase in household net-worth relative to income, a common measure of balance sheet health. However, here again, to get an accurate picture, you must get behind aggregate numbers and look at the distribution of wealth by income level.

6f96a34eff8be040f0841693b576c1b3

A more sophisticated analysis by Deutsche Bank found that net-worth to income ratios are distorted by rich households who have benefited mightily from appreciating home prices and an exuberant stock market. Net-worth to income ratios have actually fallen for households at all income levels except for the top 10%. The Deutsche analysis also found that “leverage”— the ratio of a family’s debt to its assets — had increased significantly for households in the bottom 40% of income, while decreasing for families in the upper income tiers. Given the massive loss of home ownership following the crisis among low- and middle-income families and their lack of equity ownership, they now have little in the way of assets to buffer them against financial stress. These lower income families are more fragile than ever, suffering from increased debt, stagnant or declining wages, and lack of assets.

674cc871be5f25560d03164cf2680a40

While noting these troubling trends among lower income families, Deutsche analysts concluded that they would not pose a threat to consumer spending as wealthier households represent a greater share of total consumption. However, a recent Reuters analysis reached a different conclusion, finding that spending by the bottom 60% of earners has accounted for most of the rise in consumer spending over the past two years. This breaks a decades-old trend of upper income households accounting for the lion’s share of consumer spending and portends trouble for the economy, as consumer spending accounts for over two-thirds of GDP growth. Reuters also found that spending increases among lower income households far outpaced their meager wage gains and that given their scant savings, they were presumably funding much of this increased consumption with debt.

The financial resilience of our lower income households matters to the health of our overall economy. It also matters to our financial stability. Rapid growth in consumer debt, particularly among economically distressed populations, can be a harbinger of recession and financial crisis. A growing body of research, led by the International Monetary Fund and others, shows that while high levels of consumer borrowing can provide short-term stimulus to an economy, in the long term, it will slow growth and risk financial crisis. As overburdened households are eventually ****** to curb consumer spending to service their debt, the economy will slow and defaults will increase, leading banks to pull back on credit — severely if the banks themselves are over leveraged and lack the capacity to absorb credit losses. This is precisely the cycle we experienced in 2008.
Things are not as bad as they were during the subprime crisis — yet. But if we are to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past, we need to stop deluding ourselves with Twain’s damnable statistics. We need a clear-eyed understanding of the fragile financial condition of our most vulnerable households with better data and policies that would increase their disposable income. Regressive payroll taxes, high health care premiums, escalating education costs, poorly designed means testing of programs — all weigh on the purchasing power of working families and cry out for forceful policy responses.

We cannot keep trying to fulfill working families’ financial needs with more and more consumer borrowing. Economic growth sustained by broadly shared prosperity will be lasting. Growth supported by unaffordable debt will eventually collapse.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...me-brackets-poses-risk-economy-122920739.html

It is my belief that those amongst us at, or below, the poverty level don't need tax breaks or hand outs! What they need is a minimum wage that will put them at least 10% above the poverty level, ie., if the hypothetical annual wage for a family of four is $20,000.00/yr, that family should not have to pay a penny of income tax until their annual income exceeds $22,000.00/yr. I'd term it "Trickel Up Economics!" I believe that any family living on this level of income is going to spend it! Who benefits from consumer spending, for the greater part, big business, and of course, all businesses benefit! It's the greed of the upper 5%+ that demand more and more tax breaks with, of course, the forever promises to their mantra of "Trickel Down Economics!" Trickel down doesn't, never has nor never will, help anyone but the very rich! Let's give "Trickel Up" some consideration and keep America what it has always been, GREAT!

It is my belief that those amongst us at, or below, the poverty level don't need tax breaks or hand outs! What they need is a minimum wage that will put them at least 10% above the poverty level, ie., if the hypothetical annual wage for a family of four is $20,000.00/yr, that family should not have to pay a penny of income tax until their annual income exceeds $22,000.00/yr. I'd term it "Trickel Up Economics!"

Hmmmm, your statement bounces from tax policy to minimum wage and back to tax policy. Since you id est tax policy, we'll take that as what you were really trying to get at. Well this is your lucky day and you have President Donald Trump to thank for it! Thanks to the Trump tax plan we're even better off than your wish. Let's take a young married couple for example. The poverty level for a 2 person household in 2018 is $16,460.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

Thanks to Trump's tax plan, the standard income tax deduction for a couple married filing jointly is $24,000. So with just claiming the standard deduction, the couple wouldn't pay a dime of income tax until their income is 45.8% over the poverty level.

https://www.efile.com/tax-deduction/federal-standard-deduction/

Now under Obummer's tax plan (and other presidents before him of both parties) the standard deduction was well under the poverty level. Trump's tax plan nearly doubled the standard deduction

Last edited:
Hmmmm, your statement bounces from tax policy to minimum wage and back to tax policy. Since you id est tax policy, we'll take that as what you were really trying to get at. Well this is your lucky day and you have President Donald Trump to thank for it! Thanks to the Trump tax plan we're even better off than your wish. Let's take a young married couple for example. The poverty level for a 2 person household in 2018 is $16,460.

https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

Thanks to Trump's tax plan, the standard income tax deduction for a couple married filing jointly is $24,000. So with just claiming the standard deduction, the couple wouldn't pay a dime of income tax until their income is 45.8% over the poverty level.

https://www.efile.com/tax-deduction/federal-standard-deduction/

Now under Obummer's tax plan (and other presidents before him of both parties) the standard deduction was well under the poverty level. Trump's tax plan nearly doubled the standard deduction

If ******* was snow you would be a walking blizzard!
read post 1599!

Post 1599 says nothing about Drillher's wish for no income tax liability for those within 10% of the poverty level. Nice attempt though at deflecting to cover up for Drillher's obvious lack of basic knowledge of the US tax code.

what does an opinion have to do with your twisted facts?
it is an opinion...everyone is entitled to one...….and you want to start posting all kinds of ******* against it...it's an opinion....that most would agree with

you are just wanting to start an argument again
if you did read that post I think that people within the 20% level shouldn't have to pay taxes
those are the people your government is taking advantage of in keeping them in that spot....you take and take...what's wrong with a little giving? it's no where near what all you take

right now the upper 10% is rolling in it and taking advantage of those below. Most of those below are now living on a credit card.....your party has taken all the safeguards off any checks and balances that other put in place...….how long before their just trying to get by puts the whole country in trouble?
but I suppose that is of little consequence to you after all when things go to *******....like your current god has stated... just makes him and his kind richer

problem is you and yours just keep ignoring the facts and rolling in your greed...…..by the time we get to say I told you so...it's to late...we are in the *******

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back