Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they decide when where and how you hunt

In Iowa they do have certain areas of public hunting.....and good hunting there...but to many people surprised someone hasn't been shot....most of the time you have to know someone and get on their land...a lot of farmers want the deer gone...they destroy the crops......but don't trust most people because afraid of getting livestock shot...so need to know someone.....down here also have public hunting areas.....deer no so plentiful so really have to go deep into woods...and 4wheelers not allowed!....so few go.....I pay $400 dollars a year and go in with 6 other guys....we have about 600 acres that is just us...lots of timber....land no good for anything but deer hunting....take our 4wheelers any where we want...most of us know where each other has their food plots and stands.....works out great....I park my 4wheeler about a block from my stand...throw some deer piss around...put a camo tarp on it and walk to my stand....but here we have Mnt lion...coyotes...and even starting to get a few bear around so need to pay attention to around you

In Iowa one time on public land during black powder season....I heard some shots......saw a deer come running in front of my stand....…..so I shot it...….was standing over it getting ready to cut it's throat when 2 guys came over and said it was their deer...2 guys with guns...mine empty....so I gave them the deer....problems there sometimes and here and in texas...people will sneak up behind YOU get the drop on you and take your gun!.....I always carry my .45 just for that reason...well that and the coyotes and the mnt lions...I have not seen any...but have lots on my field cameras watching my feeders to see when the deer come eat...lots of time see a mnt lion around the feeders

Your not allowed to carry sidearm in ma they only issue controlled number of doe permitts and you must check deer three short deer seasons archery, primitive arms and shotgun,

got a friend with 50acres down in se okl…….has a cabin on the land......in the middle of nowhere......nothing but timber....hard to get with in a mile of the place in a 4wheek truck...have to go the rest of the way on 4wheelers......he and another friend went down there spent the night going to get early start the next morning....opened the cabin door and a couple of bear out there nosing around.....they didn't leave the cabin most of the day and when they did they came back home!

here Oct is pretty much bow season...although 2 years ago allowed crossbows....pretty accurate...never was a bow hunter but got talked into the crossbow...and liked it......then 2 weeks of black powder....a month of gun season...week or so of doe only...and another 2 weeks of whatever..but deer must be given to shelters or food pantries of some kind....the whole thing ends Dec 31st

whats funny deer in Iowa a real problem and they want them shot......lots of traffic accidents every "rut" time because of them......now even let you hunt in some city parks so damned many....but still a lot of restrictions....deer there follow the trains into the city because those rail road cars are loaded with corn...sometime leaves trails along the train tracks deer just follow...sun comes up they are trapped in the city and traffic everywhere

Your not allowed to carry sidearm in ma they only issue controlled number of doe permitts and you must check deer three short deer seasons archery, primitive arms and shotgun,

another funny thing when I was a young pup in Iowa......you had to submit an application for a lic by the end of aug for a permit...had to ask for a certain zone and sex type....normally you got what you asked for but if you didn't apply by the deadline you were out....but now after the cities being invaded in the fall....you just get a lic for whatever season it is...…..you have to go through a little work to get one of those city park hunting permits...but never tried that

I have a couple...and several browning's...a wide variety......2 favs...… my old Winchester.....and my new Henry...both of those are 30-30's though....henry got to much brass on it to really use for deer hunting....but damned nice to look at...went to a car show in an old town a few weeks ago...lot of antique shops and etc...was in one shop had this damned nice Winchester all kinds of engraving and etc...…$600.00...wanted it pretty bad and almost bought it...but a friend talked me out of it...knowing how many guns I already had....I have a Remington 870 slug gun I take most of the time deer hunting anyway...rifled barrel shoot sabots...about as good as the winchester

We can only use shotguns in Mass. to hunt deer.

Those Henry’s are gorgeous !!!!!

Last edited:
Ruger would disagree - even named one model The Ranch Rifle. Great for varmints of all kinds.

not familiar with it....have 2 .22 pistols bought for the ******* when they were pups to "plink" with but that's my only familiarity with the guns...outside of a lot of adverts for them....I will stick with the old basics...Winchester, Browning and Remington....and my cva black powders...old and new

Those Ruger .22s are classic plinkers.

Can’t go wrong with Winchester, Browning and Remington - with Rugers you get a lot of bang for your buck though and great stainless steel if you want less maintenance.

I’ve been thinking of getting myself a Henry just to put on the wall and admire - LUV the Yellow Boy look of them.

think the gun remarks aren't hurting O'Rourke any...…..

Texas congressman Vicente Gonzalez pulls ... - cnn.com
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/15/politics/vicente-gonzalez-flips-support-castro-biden...
Sep 15, 2019 · Texas Democratic Rep. Vicente Gonzalez on Sunday flipped his support from Julián Castro to Joe Biden for the Democratic presidential nomination, saying now is …

Vicente Gonzalez switches endorsement from Julián Castro ...
https://www.texastribune.org/2019/09/15/vicente-gonzalez-switches-endorsement-julian...
18 hours ago · U.S. Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, D-McAllen, has switched his endorsement in the Democratic presidential primary from fellow Texan Julián Castro to frontrunner Joe Biden

trump going to put us into a war protecting his financial interest in Saudi...……...this isn't about Iran aggression....or defending his interest in Saudi......this is all about Yemen....and the Saudi's trying to control....and Iran trying to do the same!....and we will go to war over this?

Trump: US 'locked and loaded' following Saudi attacks
https://www.msn.com/.../trump-us-locked-and-loaded-following-saudi-attacks/ar-AAHlauW
President Trump on Sunday said the U.S. is "locked and loaded" as it awaits verification of who was behind a spate of drone attacks on Saudi Arabia's oil supply this weekend."Saudi Arabia oil ...

Trump: US 'locked and loaded' in response to attacks on ...
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-us-locked...
7 hours ago · President Donald Trump on Sunday evening said America was "locked and loaded" in response to attacks on two Saudi oil facilities that wiped out nearly half of Saudi Arabia's oil production.

Trump says U.S. ‘locked and loaded’ after attack on Saudi ...
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/15/trump-locked-loaded-iran-saudi-arabia-1497452
1 day ago · President Donald Trump on Sunday said the United States was “locked and loaded” following a drone attack on a major Saudi Arabian oil facility, which the Trump administration is …

Pervert extraordinaire?......Just one pervert defending another!

Trump defends Brett Kavanaugh, Democrats call for ...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-defends-brett-kavanaugh-democrats-call...
15 hours ago · Trump defends Brett Kavanaugh, Democrats call for impeachment amid new sexual misconduct claims ... "Brett Kavanaugh lied to the U.S. Senate and most importantly to the American people. He was put ...

Brett Kavanaugh: Calls for impeachment are mounting after ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/15/calls-justice-kavanaughs...
13 hours ago · Saturday’s story from the Times quickly raised new questions about whether Kavanaugh perjured himself and reignited calls for his impeachment. “Brett M. Kavanaugh

Trump rejects Brett Kavanaugh impeachment calls amid new ...
https://globalnews.ca/news/5905625/brett-kavanaugh-donald-trump-sexual-misconduct
15 hours ago · WASHINGTON — U.S. President Donald Trump rejected Democrats’ calls for impeaching Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh on Sunday after a new report that alleged sexual misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back