Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which assignation Marilynn Monroe ?

No idea where I was for than one ;}

Only in the mind of a DEMENTED Dem is our President at fault for a Chinese induced pandemic.

just mark this date.....so you can remember the day trump killed 100,000 people....if you think this won't be on his legacy and effect election you are wrong...…..got to be a reason McConnell came out today and said he wears a mask and thinks everyone should.....the GOP knows trump has washed his hands of it....no matter the body count.....and it very well could take the gop down

Odd.....Donald Musowienie always looks for a good "press moment".....he has one today...…….anyone seen him or heard him say anything?.....to busy looking for a back door to the bunker!

Like Biden with crime bill and Obama outfitted them with military gear
Pay attention,
Police were already armed before the 1994 Crime Bill. Remember, weapons were standard issue for about 150 years. Police were already abusing black men during arrests and simple 4th Amendment violations of detainment, questioning and search and seizures before the 1994 Crime Bill. Nobody had all of that gear when Rodney King got his ass kicked. It was/is/always the abuse matters. Abuse of power, weapons or not.

Obama empowered the Department of Justice to aggressively pursue civil rights violations by local police forces. It gave the regular citizen joe a place to go AND hold corrupt departments accountable. It worked. Where did the power to do this come from? Something called the 1994 Crime Bill written by Senator Joe Biden.
President Barack Obama has vowed to push for criminal justice reform in his final months in office. But analysts say his Justice Department has already made a legacy-defining imprint on policing.
Relying on a sweeping federal law drafted 22 years ago by then-Sen. Joe Biden, the Obama administration has pursued about two dozen civil rights inquiries into local police such as the one focused on the Baltimore Police Department to be released on Wednesday.
"This is the one tool that the Department of Justice has been able to use to advance comprehensive police reform in some of our most troubled communities," said Kanya A. Bennett of the American Civil Liberties Union. "This is the one resource that does not rely on bipartisan agreement to get something accomplished."

In his final hours as U.S. Attorney General last month, Jeff Sessions issued a memo limiting the Justice Department’s power to pursue and enforce federal consent decrees with local police departments.
These court-enforced arrangements were a major tool for the Obama administration to curb patterns of police abuse and misconduct during a time of heightened national attention on the issue. The Obama administration launched "pattern or practice" investigations into 25 police departments and entered into 14 consent decrees. By comparison, the Trump administration has initiated zero.

So I am curious to see what Republicans are going to do about this and how long will corrupt law enforcement be an issue for them. By the way, we have yet to hear from the President on this one.

Odd.....Donald Musowienie always looks for a good "press moment".....he has one today...…….anyone seen him or heard him say anything?.....to busy looking for a back door to the bunker!
He rarely comes out on race issues early. Gotta see how it plays in suburban america first. It really doesn't matter what he says, he's empowered the police to be as wild as they want. He's ignored every single consent decree.

Protesting- a First Amendment RIGHT before your guns, has been part of AMERICAN tradition since years before we were nation and has made changes with each and every generation.
Just when I think you have hit a basement on the stupidity, you find another flight of stairs to fall down.
I saw the video, protesting is one thing, it needs to be lawful without violence, not a bunch of young trouble makers looking for trouble. As for you saying I have hit a basement on the stupidity, I find another flight of stairs to fall down. Okay I have been reading all your crap!! I wouldn't change places with you for a trillion dollars. All you are is an ignorant educated idiot left wing liberal. Making fun of Trump just because he is heavy, you are a disgusting Judgmental fool. As crude as Trump acts he could buy and sell you and your lack of class. Trump will win again, I am sick of your insults, you may be educated but your character is garbage. I am blocking you so impress your fellow hypocrites , I am not interested in your opinion.

I saw the video, protesting is one thing, it needs to be lawful without violence, not a bunch of young trouble makers looking for trouble. As for you saying I have hit a basement on the stupidity, I find another flight of stairs to fall down. Okay I have been reading all your crap!! I wouldn't change places with you for a trillion dollars. All you are is an ignorant educated idiot left wing liberal. Making fun of Trump just because he is heavy, you are a disgusting Judgmental fool. As crude as Trump acts he could buy and sell you and your lack of class. Trump will win again, I am sick of your insults, you may be educated but your character is garbage. I am blocking you so impress your fellow hypocrites , I am not interested in your opinion.
Wait, wait, wait...
Just kidding, I'm all out of fucks to give.
And, I'm not that educated. I fucked off a lot in a state university. Grad school and real world working and interacting has produced this fine specimen. Enjoy your sabbatical. And, thanks for reading.

he can promote any lie he wants....but you are restricted in what you say>

Trump expected to sign executive order that could threaten punishment against Facebook, Google and Twitter over allegations of political bias

President Trump is preparing to sign an executive order Thursday that could open the door for federal officials to try to penalize Facebook, Google and Twitter for the way they moderate content on their sites, according to two people familiar with the matter, opening a major rift between Washington and Silicon Valley with potentially dramatic free-speech implications.

The wide-ranging order comes two days after Twitter took the rare step of labeling one of the president’s tweets and linking viewers to news articles that fact-checked his claims. The move infuriated Trump and his supporters, who quickly blasted Twitter and its peers in Silicon Valley for engaging in censorship and exhibiting political bias, charges the companies have long denied.

Jack Dorsey says Trump fact-check does not make Twitter 'arbiter of truth'

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says that labeling two of President Donald Trump's tweets with fact checks does not make the social media company an "arbiter of truth."

Our intention is to connect the dots of conflicting statements and show the information in dispute so people can judge for themselves. More transparency from us is critical so folks can clearly see the why behind our actions," Dorsey tweeted Wednesday night.

Dorsey was responding to a firestorm of criticism the company has received from conservatives after Twitter began fact checking Trump, who is arguably its most prolific user. Trump has also threatened to take action against Silicon Valley.

The Twitter executive's remarks also came just hours after Fox News posted part of an interview due to air Thursday with Mark Zuckerberg, in which the Facebook CEO explained why his company did not take action on Trump's false posts about mail-in ballots.

The tweets in question falsely claimed that the governor of California was sending out mail-in ballots to "anyone living in the state, no matter who they are or how they got there."
Twitter labeled them with a message urging users to "Get the facts about mail-in ballots." Twitter's message directly linked to a curated fact-checking page populated with journalists and news article summaries debunking the claim.

Killer pushing for more

Bad state data hides coronavirus threat as Trump pushes reopening

Federal and state officials across the country have altered or hidden public health data crucial to tracking the coronavirus' spread, hindering the ability to detect a surge of infections as President Donald Trump pushes the nation to reopen rapidly.

Killer goal to make Russia great again it is working

Weekly jobless claims total 2.123 million, vs 2.05 million estimate

First-time claims for unemployment benefits totaled 2.1 million last week, the lowest total since the coronavirus crisis began though indicative that a historically high number of Americans remain separated from their jobs.

Dictator wanna be.....

Trump continues to claim broad powers he doesn't have

WASHINGTON (AP) — Threatening to shut down Twitter for flagging false content. Claiming he can “override" governors who dare to keep churches closed to congregants. Asserting the “absolute authority” to ******* states to reopen, even when local leaders say it's too soon.

As he battles the coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump has been claiming extraordinarily sweeping powers that legal scholars say the president simply doesn't have. And he has repeatedly refusing to spell out the legal basis for those powers.

“It's not that the president does't have a remarkable amount of power to respond to a public health crisis. It’s that these are not the powers he has," said Stephen Vladeck, a University of Texas School of Law professor who specializes in constitutional and national security law.

First it was Trump's assertion that he could ******* governors to reopen their economies before they felt ready. “When somebody’s the president of the United States, the authority is total,” he claimed.

Trump soon dropped the threat, saying he would instead leave such decisions to the states. But he has revived the idea in recent days as he has tried to pressure governors to allow churches and other places of worship to hold in-person services, even where stay-at-home orders and other limits on large gatherings remain in effect.

Asked Tuesday what authority he had to enforce such a mandate, Trump was cagey.

“I can absolutely do it if I want to," he said. "We have many different ways where I can override them and if I have to, I’ll do that.”

The White House declined to spell out any specific statute, but White House spokesman Judd Deere said in a statement that “every decision the president has made throughout this pandemic has been to protect the health and safety of the American people.”

“Getting the nation back to work, back to sporting events, back to churches, back to restaurants, and doing so safely and responsibly is the president’s shared goal with governors and the private sector, but the cure cannot be worse than the disease,” Deere said.

Trump “certainly does not have the power under any reasonable reading of the Constitution or federalism to order places of worship to open," said Matthew Dallek, a historian at George Washington University’s Graduate School of Political Management who specializes in the use of presidential power.

But Dallek said that just because Trump doesn't have the authority to do most of the things he’s threatened, doesn't mean he won't, for instance, try to sign executive orders taking such action anyway — even if they are later struck down by the courts.

“What has limited Trump previously? Not very much. So I think he will do whatever seems to be in his best interest at any particular moment,” Dallek said.

Trump, he said, also could try to abuse his powers to leverage other instruments of government, from the Department of Justice to the IRS, to push for investigations or launch regulatory crackdowns to punish states, cities or companies. Trump also has showed he's willing to exercise powers that modern presidents have largely avoided, including his recent purging of inspectors general.

When the president declared the pandemic a national emergency back in March, he activated more than 100 different statutory authorities. Yet Trump, said Vladeck, has failed to exercise many of them.

“I think one of the real ironies of this entire moment is that the president actually has a remarkable array of powers that he hasn’t brought to bear. All the while he continues to claim stunning powers that he doesn’t have,” he said.

That includes the Defense Production Act, which Trump could have used far more aggressively to ******* companies to mass produce supplies like masks and ventilators. Instead, he used it in more limited ways. And while the Justice Department has threatened to join lawsuits against states that move too slowly, a statement of interest filed by the department in Illinois last week didn't raise any federal constitutional claims.

Even if he doesn't follow through on threats, Trump's statements still can have consequences as he uses his bully pulpit.

“He’s still trying to wield his often outrageous interpretations of the law as a cudgel to bludgeon others,” said Joshua Geltzer, founding executive director of the Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection at Georgetown University Law Center.

Trump is now on a tear against Twitter after the social media platform, which he uses to speak directly to his more than 80 million followers, slapped fact-check alerts on two of his tweets claiming that mail-in voting is fraudulent.

“Twitter is completely stifling FREE SPEECH, and I, as President, will not allow it to happen!” he tweeted Tuesday. A day later Trump added that: “Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen.”

While Congress could pass legislation further regulating social media platforms, Trump "has no such authority,” said former federal judge Michael McConnell, who now directs Stanford Law School’s Constitutional Law Center. "He is just venting.”

“There is absolutely no First Amendment issue with Twitter adding a label to the president’s tweets," added Jameel Jaffer, executive director at the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University, who won the case that prevents Trump from banning his critics from his Twitter feed. “The only First Amendment issue here arises from the president’s threat to punish Twitter in some way for fact-checking his statements."

But Jack Balkin, a Yale University law professor and First Amendment expert, said that’s not Trump's point.

“This is an attempt by the president to, as we used to say in basketball, work the refs," he said. “He’s threatening and cajoling with the idea that these folks in their corporate board rooms will think twice about what they’re doing, so they won’t touch him.”

For Rutgers University media professor John Pavlik, who studies online misinformation, Trump is simply trying to fire up his political base.

“For Trump," he said, "this is about politics."

___

Associated Press writer David Klepper contributed to the report from New York.

Continue Reading

republicans breaking with Trump

There’s no stigma attached to wearing a mask’: McConnell ...
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/27/mitch...
15 hours ago · Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday made an extensive pitch for Americans to don face masks as a means to begin returning the country to normalcy while the coronavirus remains a...

McConnell Contradicts Trump, Says There’s ‘No Stigma’ In ...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/...
12 hours ago · Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Wednesday voiced support of mask wearing and social distancing in public, in contrast to President Trump …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back