Politics, Politics, Politics

Republicans have yet another health care bill. This one would leave 22 million more uninsured.

The Trump administration produced this misleading report to sell its health care bill

The Trump administration has produced a report on a key potential addition to the Senate health care bill, meant to bring conservatives on board. The report is at best opaque — and at worst deliberately misleading. The report, obtained Wednesday by the Washington Examiner and labeled “preliminary,” purports to show that an amendment proposed by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) would lower the cost of health insurance. But when you actually sit down and spend some time with the analysis, as economists have now done, you find it doesn’t show that at all. Charts compare very different types of data, apples to oranges. And key details about how the agency produced the report are nowhere to be found. “I don’t ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3bf74fec-49c1-3712-b465-cec1d25e48eb/the-trump-administration.html

Water is wet. Good lawyers are doing what good lawyers do.

An actual quote from the "breaking news" for those who would like context:

"This is not in the context of, 'I can't wait to pardon myself,' " a close adviser said.

Republicans have yet another health care bill. This one would leave 22 million more uninsured.
Just more proof that they're ONLY focused on swaying those needed Republican votes over to get their bill passed. They could care less whether its a good bill or addresses the real issues of healthcare ... JUST GET THIS BILL PASSED, period!

Hopefully, this mid-term and next Presidential election, the voters will respond appropriately and responsibly to this party's lack of concern in doing their jobs.

pic_Vindetta2.jpg

Last edited:
Just more proof that they're ONLY focused on swaying those needed Republican votes over to get their bill passed. They could care less whether its a good bill or addresses the real issues of healthcare ... JUST GET THIS BILL PASSED, period!

Yeah, kind of reminds me of "lets pass it so we can find out whats in it"... two peas in a pod. LOL

Proof = empirical data

Speculation = projections by CBO, which often prove to be not accurate

FWIW, when passed Democrats offered "proof". Two sides of the same coin is the conclusion objective, critical thinkers would come to. Partisans? Not so much.

Yeah, kind of reminds me of "lets pass it so we can find out whats in it"... two peas in a pod. LOL

was probably the dumbest statement some one from congress ever made.... and she has had to live with it since....but that health care did have some good qualities to it...... and I think once passed everyone thought that people would work to repair it..... but it never happened..... had they after the first year or two done a little "tweeking" it might have been a great program..... after all look back and see all the hell raised when soc sec was brought up

main problem is most people don't like changes...... and now not only are we dealing with changes (the unknown)... even worse we are dealing with greed and big pocket books!

such a caring man.... and a president for all the people......

Trump administration pulls health law help in 18 cities
Carla k. Johnson, AP Medical Writer Thu, Jul 20 10:08 AM PDT .

President Donald Trump's administration has ended Affordable Care Act contracts that brought assistance into libraries, businesses and urban neighborhoods in 18 cities, meaning shoppers on the insurance exchanges will have fewer places to turn for help signing up for coverage.

Community groups say the move, announced to them by contractors last week, will make it even more difficult to enroll the uninsured and help people already covered re-enroll or shop for a new policy. That's already a concern because of consumer confusion stemming from the political wrangling in Washington and a shorter enrollment period. People will have 45 days to shop for 2018 coverage, starting Nov. 1 and ending Dec. 15. In previous years, they had twice that much time.

Some see it as another attempt to undermine the health law's marketplaces by a president who has suggested he should let "Obamacare" fail. The administration, earlier this year, pulled paid advertising for the sign-up website HealthCare.gov, prompting an inquiry by a federal inspector general into that decision and whether it hurt sign-ups.

Now insurers and advocates are concerned that the administration could further destabilize the marketplaces where people shop for coverage by not promoting them or not enforcing the mandate compelling people to get coverage. The administration has already threatened to withhold payments to insurers to help people afford care, which would prompt insurers to sharply increase prices.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...th-law-help-18-cities-165735363--finance.html

Donald Trump's Latest Approval Ratings Could Jeopardize His Entire Presidency
Chris Riotta,Newsweek 7 hours ago .

President Donald Trump’s latest approval ratings spell trouble for his already embattled White House, suffering from near daily leaks and a storm of Russian controversy that continues to consume Washington and the 24-hour national news cycle.

Trump set a new record low for a second-quarter presidential job approval rating in the history of modern polling, falling below any of his predecessors’ with an average 38.8 percent of the public’s approval between April 20 and July 19, a Gallup poll published Friday revealed. That number is below his first-quarter 41.3 percent average and far below the historical average second-quarter rating of 62 percent.

He’s now officially the least popular new president in American history, with only a number of other previous commanders in chief facing such low quarterly approval ratings throughout their entire tenures in the Oval Office: Harry Truman, Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush.

Chris Riotta
✔ ‎@chrisriotta

It's official: @realDonaldTrump is the least popular new president in history.

That could mean big trouble for his presidency.
(@Reuters)

Trump’s continued decline in popularity so early on into his presidency could soon jeopardize the insurgent, conservative agenda he promised his base throughout the 2016 presidential election: building a wall, repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act, vastly increasing immigrant detention and deportations by the millions.

Since entering the White House, the president enjoyed a Republican-controlled House and Senate seemingly willing help him realize his broad goal of making America great again. But his full-throttle support of the GOP’s health care bill and working with Republican senators wasn’t enough to get the legislation passed. He’s also failed to convince the Senate to outright repeal Obamacare without an alternative.

More obstacles are going to come Trump’s way as he pushes for the policies and promises that brought him to the White House. If he’s unable to win back a decent portion of public support and his Republican constituents continue to express their disapproval, slowly eroding his base, lawmakers will likely no longer be so keen to work with him.

There is hope for the president: Bill Clinton entered his first quarter in the White House suffering historically low approval ratings at the time, but he became more popular across the country as he began to implement his own agenda.

"I never expected that I could take on some of these interests that I've taken on without being attacked," he said about his approval ratings at the time. "And whenever you try to change things, there are always people there ready to point out the pain of change without the promise of it, and that's just all part of it. If I worried about the poll ratings, I'd never get anything done here."

President Donald Trump’s latest approval ratings spell trouble for his already embattled White House, suffering from near daily leaks and a storm of Russian controversy that continues to consume Washington and the 24-hour national news cycle.

Trump set a new record low for a second-quarter presidential job approval rating in the history of modern polling, falling below any of his predecessors’ with an average 38.8 percent of the public’s approval between April 20 and July 19, a Gallup poll published Friday revealed. That number is below his first-quarter 41.3 percent average and far below the historical average second-quarter rating of 62 percent.

He’s now officially the least popular new president in American history, with only a number of other previous commanders in chief facing such low quarterly approval ratings throughout their entire tenures in the Oval Office: Harry Truman, Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush.

Trump’s continued decline in popularity so early on into his presidency could soon jeopardize the insurgent, conservative agenda he promised his base throughout the 2016 presidential election: building a wall, repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act, vastly increasing immigrant detention and deportations by the millions.

Since entering the White House, the president enjoyed a Republican-controlled House and Senate seemingly willing help him realize his broad goal of making America great again. But his full-throttle support of the GOP’s health care bill and working with Republican senators wasn’t enough to get the legislation passed. He’s also failed to convince the Senate to outright repeal Obamacare without an alternative.

More obstacles are going to come Trump’s way as he pushes for the policies and promises that brought him to the White House. If he’s unable to win back a decent portion of public support and his Republican constituents continue to express their disapproval, slowly eroding his base, lawmakers will likely no longer be so keen to work with him.

There is hope for the president: Bill Clinton entered his first quarter in the White House suffering historically low approval ratings at the time, but he became more popular across the country as he began to implement his own agenda.

"I never expected that I could take on some of these interests that I've taken on without being attacked," he said about his approval ratings at the time. "And whenever you try to change things, there are always people there ready to point out the pain of change without the promise of it, and that's just all part of it. If I worried about the poll ratings, I'd never get anything done here."

Trump has repeatedly expressed disdain over his approval ratings, tweeting right-wing polls showing his popularity at a considerably higher percentage than the majority of national polls and surveys.

"The ABC/Washington Post Poll, even though almost 40% is not bad at this time, was just about the most inaccurate poll around election time!" Trump tweeted Saturday.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-latest-approval-144822746.html

facts are facts.........

Why Republicans can’t govern
The Seattle Times 6 hours ago .

There are many different flavors of freedom. For example, there is freedom as capacity and freedom as detachment. Freedom as capacity means supporting people so they have the ability to take advantage of life’s opportunities. You encourage your friend to stick with piano practice so he will have the freedom to really play. You support your baby during high school so she will have the liberty to pick her favorite college. Freedom as detachment is giving people space to do their own thing. It’s based on the belief that people flourish best when they are unimpeded as much as possible. Freedom as detachment is marked by absence — the absence of coercion, interference and obstacles. Back when the ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/baafa7...a5e2c462/ss_why-republicans-can’t-govern.html

Back