Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just had to come back and say something. Let's go over our lives again.

Me, graduated from high school, in Chicago, but remained an excellent student and athlete.
You, dropped out of high school, got caught up with the wrong crowd (out west- lol).

Me, picked from several colleges to attend. Remained a top student and had academic scholarships. Decent athlete, saw a lot of sidelines. Got extra money for Army ROTC. Went to graduate school, after going to DC to intern for free, and had to clean tables and floors for $$, also worked for UPS, as well as various Temp Agencies to make money so I could earn the experience. All the time watching other well connected interns and children of wealth, do less but get more. It was my motivation to work harder and be better than them. I did.

You, worked various jobs, was going nowhere and turned to Uncle Sam(government) after getting your GED, and went to the military. Thanks. You didn't have to worry about groceries, apartments,health care, transportation, money or any basics. Do what you're told, until you're told to stop, and you will get along well. You did it. You then went to work for the ATC or train with them. All backed by the government. And now you live in retirement, with government backing your retirement and health care, so you can live quite comfortably under that blanket. Nanny Statist like a mofo.

I came back to the midwest and worked for a major banking and financial institution, and volunteered in politics. Then switched to a government agency, for two years, and went to grad school. From there, I quit and went to work on campaigns, then the DNC, then a lobbying public policy firm. After a while, a family and encouragement from clients, I and two colleagues struck out on our own, put everything on the line. 2 years of struggle and one partner being bought out by me, and things really took off. During the time I got another degree and several post graduate certifications. Many employees and even more during certain times of the year.

So who needs the government?
I know I've earned everything I have, and most of what my ex wife got in the divorce, and some of the tax dollars you're enjoying those Corona Lights on. Enjoy.
Congratulations on your success. I still do not understand your disdain for my journey. I was a 19 year old kid from a poor family who couldn't afford to put me through college. At the time I was making about $3.00/hr and realized I needed to do something. Life is about choices. I chose one of my very limited options I had and that was the military. I saw it as an opportunity to, serve my country, better my life, get experience that I could use on the outside, and get an education. I could have continued to hang out with my friends at the park smoking weed. If I chose that option then yes I'd probably be dependent on the government to pick up the slack.

You say I am no different since I depended on the government during my career and now in retirement. The government was my employer. It's no different than any other employee who gets a pension from their company. They depend on that employer just the same as I depend on mine. I gave my employer 33 years of service and in return they provided me with a comfortable living and a generous pension.

You, worked various jobs, was going nowhere and turned to Uncle Sam(government) after getting your GED, and went to the military. Thanks. You didn't have to worry about groceries, apartments,health care, transportation, money or any basics. Do what you're told, until you're told to stop, and you will get along well. You did it.

I'm not sure where you get your information. When I left active duty in 1994 my base pay was about $1500 a month, housing allowance around $900/mo and BAS (food allowance) was about $150/mo. Health care was free and will be again starting next month when I officially retire from the air *******, , I paid for my own vehicle, insurance, and gas. Living in northern CA was expensive even then. My rent alone was $1200/mo. I barely made enough to survive.

So who needs the government?
I know I've earned everything I have, and most of what my ex wife got in the divorce, and some of the tax dollars you're enjoying those Corona Lights on. Enjoy.

And we paid taxes on our base pay. So I guess I was contributing to my own pay and benefits.

You say I am no different since I depended on the government during my career and now in retirement. The government was my employer. It's no different than any other employee who gets a pension from their company. They depend on that employer just the same as I depend on mine. I gave my employer 33 years of service and in return they provided me with a comfortable living and a generous pension.

Wow you are out of touch. I haven't heard of a private company in the US providing a pension since like... the 1970s?

The point is you personally benefited from government jobs and the benefits of government jobs, and now you support tearing apart the government that literally kept you out of poverty.

Here's one we all should check out, i did everything is from published reports and Gilead s own web-sight. Trump listed his stock on loan applications as a asset . Kind of explains the immaculate recovery from Covid . The ass-hole never had it I'm thinking, explaining why too many people who have been treating patients for months are questioning the entire thing. The president did not spend a single day in bed ? No one admitted to a hospital for Covid19 anywhere walked in and out in three days before or after Trump. The trials for the miracle ******* he made the Dr. give him clearly states taking it helped many leave hospitals three to four days earlier than those not treated. Those test cases were in from two weeks to three months. I was unable to find a single case where a confirmed patient Rip off.jpggot released in less than ten days?

Congratulations on your success. I still do not understand your disdain for my journey.
I've said this before. You did it the right way for you and really made something out of what could have been a life in and out of jail and welfare. Probably would have still been a Republican. You did well. What bugs the ******* out of me, is that guys like you, who used the programs and paths the government set up, doesn't give a ******* about those who come up similarly behind you. You vote for a party, that supports the dismantling of these type of programs. Sure the Army is there today but it cannot offer what it once did. The ATC was what it was for you, because of the Union and people who lost everything for better wages and better hours. Reagan busted that Union and anyone who was on strike was fired and banned from being hired as an air traffic controller. Clinton brought those who were not aged out back 12 years later. Yet, Reagan is the hero.
It's the selfishness it takes to say, I got mine, fuck the rest.

Wow you are out of touch. I haven't heard of a private company in the US providing a pension since like... the 1970s?

The point is you personally benefited from government jobs and the benefits of government jobs, and now you support tearing apart the government that literally kept you out of poverty.
You are so wrong. The government is not the answer. If you really think about it there are certain entities that no matter what should be under control of the government. ATC is one of them

I've said this before. You did it the right way for you and really made something out of what could have been a life in and out of jail and welfare. Probably would have still been a Republican. You did well. What bugs the ******* out of me, is that guys like you, who used the programs and paths the government set up, doesn't give a ******* about those who come up similarly behind you. You vote for a party, that supports the dismantling of these type of programs. Sure the Army is there today but it cannot offer what it once did. The ATC was what it was for you, because of the Union and people who lost everything for better wages and better hours. Reagan busted that Union and anyone who was on strike was fired and banned from being hired as an air traffic controller. Clinton brought those who were not aged out back 12 years later. Yet, Reagan is the hero.
It's the selfishness it takes to say, I got mine, fuck the rest.
Reagan flat destroyed this country and the middle class through his "one world" and the air traffic controllers....jobs went over seas...union busting became a way of life for any company.....along with that went health care...stay at home moms...vacations and etc....we went from the richest country in the world to owing more in debt than we could pay for....wives had to work just to make ends meet..job benefits gone...…...that is why the right worships the guy....all those middle class jobs were American before Reagan

You are so wrong. The government is not the answer. If you really think about it there are certain entities that no matter what should be under control of the government. ATC is one of them

typical....let me give you just ONE example.....Paul Ryan and Tom Cotton both got college degrees through the social securities programs...Cotton did serve in the military...but also got a law degree for that....and both pushed to end those programs...so typical of the right

Reagan flat destroyed this country and the middle class through his "one world" and the air traffic controllers....jobs went over seas...union busting became a way of life for any company.....along with that went health care...stay at home moms...vacations and etc....we went from the richest country in the world to owing more in debt than we could pay for....wives had to work just to make ends meet..job benefits gone...…...that is why the right worships the guy....all those middle class jobs were American before Reagan
The air traffic controllers union is one of the most powerful

No no no. Why can’t you understand the difference between someone who is sitting at home attached to a crack pipe waiting for that government check we pay for and someone who does work? And what do you mean by tearing up the government?

Not sure what you mean

You benefited personally from taxpayer-sponsored programs that did exactly what they were designed to do: you got social mobility to give you options in life. Then you benefited from a strong union that got you a good pension you can live off of.

Now you support a party that will fight tooth and nail to tear apart both of those things (and gov't regulation, which includes.... the FAA). Either you hate yourself and what you accomplished with the opportunities given to you through social programs and organized labor, or you hate everyone else younger than you and want them to never have the opportunities you did.

It is my prediction that when the final history analysis is written of the Regan era his "ultimate" failure will be his "trickle down economics" theory and policy which, unfortunately, is still adhered to to this very day by the GOP'Rs, i.e., "Give more to the very rich via big tax breaks and "maybe" they'll throw a few crumbs from their left overs down to the poor and under-privileged!" His policy has been historically referred to as "TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS'" This GOPpolicy is more than evident by the recent Government $1 trillion tax break wherein 95% of the pot went to the few billionaires and the big corporations! I have to admit however, the GOP policy has been consistent, "cash for the very rich and lip service for the foolish poor who can be conned by them!"

"WAKE UP, AMERICA! WAKE UP! PLEASE!" "THE GREAT PRENTENDER, THE ONE WHO REFERS TO HIMSELF AS WOULD BE PRESIDENT, IS LEADING YOUR COUNTRY ON A ROAD TO HELL! TAKE YOUR FUTURE INTO YOUR OWN HANDS AND LET THE "PRETENDER", "AND HIS ENTOURAGE", WALK THAT LONELY ROAD TO HELL BY THEMSELVES! YOU, AND THE WORLD WILL BE MUCH BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM!"(AND THEM)

Last edited:
No no no. Why can’t you understand the difference between someone who is sitting at home attached to a crack pipe waiting for that government check we pay for and someone who does work? And what do you mean by tearing up the government?
you are buying that old 60's myth...…...not so anymore.....do you know how many living on the streets? families.....did you see the gal on tv with Diabetes that could not afford her meds...by the time they got to her she was dead....I don't think you have the slightest idea what is going on around you
do you know that 1 in 5 ******* in the US go to bed hungry?
do you know under trump the top 10% of millionaires are now billionaires/?
pay attention!

Debate Takeaways: Round 2 highlights policy over petulance

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden met for the second and last time on a debate stage after a previously scheduled town hall debate was scrapped after the Republican incumbent became one of the millions of Americans to contract coronavirus.

For Trump, the matchup at Tennessee’s Belmont University Thursday was perhaps the final opportunity to change the dynamics of a race dominated, much to his chagrin, by his response to the pandemic and its economic fallout. For Biden, it was 90 minutes to solidify an apparent lead less than two weeks before the election.

Here are key takeaways: COVID-19 STILL A DRAG FOR TRUMP

Trump's difficulty articulating a defense of his handling of the coronavirus remains a drag on his campaign. The opening topic of the debate was entirely predictable — Trump has received variations of the same question in interviews and has rarely delivered a clear answer.

Asked to outline his plan for the future, Trump instead asserted his prior handling was without fault and predicted a rosy reversal to the pandemic that has killed more than 220,000 Americans.

“We’re rounding the turn, we’re rounding the corner,” Trump claimed, even as cases spike again across the country. “It’s going away.”

Biden, who has sought to prosecute Trump’s handling of the virus
in his closing pitch to voters, came prepared. “Anyone who’s responsible for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United States of America,” he said.

Biden added: “He says we’re, you know, we’re learning to live with it. People are learning to die with it.”

TRUMP ATTACKS OBAMACARE, AGAIN

Trump and Biden each sought to position himself as the defender of American’s health care, keenly aware that it ranked among the top issues for voters even before the coronavirus pandemic struck the nation.

But Trump’s efforts to repeal and undermine the Obama-era Affordable Care Act proved to be a liability, as Biden hammered his efforts to strip coverage from tens of millions of Americans and his lack of a plan to cover those with preexisting conditions.

Biden, by contrast, fended off Trump’s attack that his plan to reinforce the Obama-era law with a “public option” amounted to a step toward socialized medicine by relying on his well-established public persona — and his vanquishing of Democratic primary rivals with more liberal health care policies.

“He thinks he’s running against somebody else,” Biden said. “I beat all those other people.”

TRUMP TONES IT DOWN

Three weeks after drawing bipartisan criticism for his frequent interruptions and badgering of his Democratic rival, Trump adopted a more subdued tone for much of the debate.

Trump took to asking moderator Kristen Welker for the opportunity to follow up on Biden’s answers — “If I may?” — rather than just jumping in, and he thanked Welker repeatedly to boot.

From the first question, this debate seemed different from round one, when Trump’s incessant interruptions and flouting of time limits derailed the 90-minute contest from the outset.

Sure, there still were digs.

“We can’t lock ourselves up in a basement like Joe does,” Trump
said, reprising his spring and summer attacks on Biden staying at his residence rather than campaigning in-person amid the pandemic.

Biden smirked, laughed and shook his head. He mocked Trump for once suggesting bleach helped ******* coronavirus.

The two men had a lengthy back-and-forth about their personal finances and family business entanglements.

But on the whole, voters at home got something they didn’t get on Sept. 29: a debate.

It marked a recognition by Trump that his bombastic side was a liability with the seniors and suburban women voters who have flocked from the GOP to Democrats.

TRUMP'S INDIRECT PERSONAL ATTACKS

Aiming to alter the trajectory of the race, Trump returned to a tactic that he believes boosted him to the Oval Office four years ago — staccato personal attacks on his opponent.

Trump repeatedly leveled unsupported allegations against Biden and his ******* Hunter in an attempt to cast his rival and his family as corrupt.

“I don’t make money from China, you do. I don’t make money from Ukraine, you do,” Trump said.

Trump offered no hard proof for his assertions,
and he has a record of making claims that don’t withstand scrutiny.

When the Democrat sought to change the subject from the president’s attacks on his family to issues more relatable to voters, Trump fired back with the charge that Biden’s canned line reflected him being “just a typical politician,” mockingly adding, “Come on, Joe, you can do better.”

Both candidates struggled to explain why they weren’t able to accomplish more while in office, falling to the familiar tactic of blaming Congress for its inaction.

A larger question may be whether voters are moved at all, especially those undecided voters whom both candidates are trying to win over, especially given that more than 47 million Americans have already cast ballots.

WHITE MEN AND RACE

With centuries of institutional racism coming to a head in 2020, it’s been a bit of disconnect to see a 74-year-old white Republican and a 77-year-old white Democrat battle for the presidency. Trump and Biden did little to dispel that disconnect.

Welker offered both multiple opportunities to talk directly to Black Americans. Both men said they understood the challenges Black citizens face, but the segment amounted mostly to them blasting each other.

Trump blamed Biden as an almost singular ******* behind mass incarceration, especially of “young Black men.” Trump declared himself “the least racist person in this room” and repeated his claim that “nobody has done what I’ve done” for Black Americans “with the exception of Abraham Lincoln, possible exception.”

Biden, incredulous, called Trump a “racist” who “pours fuel on every single racist fire.”

Polls suggest many young voters of color do not support Trump but aren’t particularly enthusiastic about Biden either. It’s unlikely their final debate altered that view.

CLIMATE

Trump and Biden faced off on global climate change in the first extensive discussion of the issue in a presidential debate in 20 years.

Biden sounded the alarm for the world to address a warming climate, as Trump took credit for pulling the U.S. out of a major international accord to do just that. Trump asserted he was trying to save American jobs, while taking credit for some of the cleanest air and water the nation has seen in generations — some of it a holdover of regulations passed by his predecessor.

Biden, tapping into an issue of particular importance to his base, called for massive investment to create new environmentally friendly industries. “Our health and our jobs are at stake,” he said.

Biden also spoke of a transition from the oil industry, which Trump seized upon, asking voters in Texas and Pennsylvania if they were listening.

FOREIGN POLICY MAKES A CAMEO

Biden finally got a chance to talk a little foreign policy. But only a little
. The former vice president loved the topic in the early months of the Democratic presidential primary, but the general election has been dominated by the pandemic and other national crises.

He used it to hammer Trump’s cozy relationship with North Korea’s authoritarian leader Kim Jong Un. “His buddy, who’s a thug,” Biden said, arguing that Trump’s summit with Kim “legitimized” a U.S. adversary and potential nuclear threat.

Trump defended his “different kind of relationship ... a very good relationship” with Kim
, prompting Biden to retort that nations “had a good relationship with Hitler before he, in fact, invaded the rest of Europe.”

It certainly wasn’t a deep dive into a pool of complex issues.

'Anything less than a vote for Biden is a vote against democracy': Expensify's CEO tells us why the company emailed 10 million customers urging them to vote for Biden

• Expensify CEO David Barrett just emailed 10 million of the company's customers urging them to vote for Joe Biden for president.
  • "Anything less than a vote for Biden is a vote against democracy," he wrote, adding: "a vote for Trump is to endorse voter suppression."
  • Barrett told Business Insider that Expensify employees contributed edits to the letter and around two-thirds voted in favor of sending it, saying the letter's criticisms of Trump's voter suppression efforts "are not radical ideas."
  • Expensify's public endorsement stands in contrast to other tech companies, such as Facebook, Google, and Coinbase, that have recently cracked down on political discussions internally.
Expensify's approximately 10 million customers received an email Thursday evening from CEO David Barrett with the subject line: "Protect democracy, vote for Biden."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back