Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things:
1. Never ever believe what the Chinese government presents to the world as fact- especially if the inverse can make them look unfavorable. They are the Kings of state run media. They're the ones who taught North Korea how to do it.
2. tRump LOVES communist , or totalitarian regimes. A sanction here, a tariff there means nothing if they compliment him and allow his family to make millions using their system of business.

1- I agree

2- We don't agree on this propaganda talk point.

the union discovered a distributor who had the 39 million masks

hate to answer you since you do not have a sane brain thought...….but there is a little difference in this post here you might want to take a look at....it is not what you want to imply

Within 48 hours of painstakingly calling leads and potential suppliers, the union discovered a distributor who had the 39 million masks,

not quite the same....better luck next time....you grabbed the wrong straw here

So again. The states with the highest federal funding for welfare are blue. I bet we find they are also the states getting the most federal medical payments. And federal school funding. The most Federal School lunch program funding also.

So you just inadvertently argued that the

Rich liberal Democrats in blue states use federal funding to offset the high cost of living in blue states
That rich democrats, in blue states, use federal funds to offset the low wages they pay
And Rich democrats keep their poor residents in place.
And that you believe trapping people in welfare and low wages is helping them.

That sounds like a feudal system. Or a company store system.

The best part you tried to blame Wal-Mart who is owned by rich liberal Democrats.

Oh the hypocrisy.

how in the fuck do you get out of your room without a nurse or some kind of adult supervision

how in the fuck do you get out of your room without a nurse or some kind of adult supervision

So I see you had to comment but couldn't formulate a argument? So you did what you always due. Toss out one of your often used worn out attempts at an insult. Let me guess you will next pull out the battle of wits jab you think hasn't been over used.

Why don't you read the post. Address my points in your own words using your own knowledge and explain where what I said was wrong.

Last edited:
Here is one for you Subhub, Subby, and edformwf and might as well toss in Blackcumsheavy. Remember this is based on your assertions and science.

A little logical exercise for ya’ll

So if the

Democrats are the party of the poor; you have all asserted this.

Republicans are the party of the rich; you have all asserted this also.

Therefore:

The Republicans would need to make more people rich and keep them rich to stay in power?

And in turn:

The Democrats would need to make more people poor and keep them poor to stay in power?

Why would you want to be with a party that wants to make you poor?

Second part:

And, we know from sociology, a science, that the poor are usually uneducated or significantly under educated

And the Democrats are the party of the poor, per each of your assertions

Therefore: One must conclude, based on your assertions, that the Democrats constitute the party of the poor and uneducated.

And yet you keep arguing the same point. Even after you admit the current numbers are WRONG.

The point- No one- not even the experts- know what the numbers are. Hence arguing this is the same levels as the Spanish flu with the current WRONG numbers and total guessestimates is alarmist and not true.

Here:

"A popular refrain is that the new coronavirus has a frighteningly high fatality rate of at least 2 percent, which is supposedly comparable to that of the 1918 influenza pandemic, also known as the Spanish flu—one of the deadliest viral outbreaks in history. The truth is that this comparison is severely flawed and that the numbers it relies on are almost certainly wrong."

"Puzzled by this discrepancy, I started to investigate its possible origins. No one knows precisely how many people the Spanish flu infected and killed; estimates have generally increased over time and researchers still debate them"

Full Article:
Covid-19 Is Not the Spanish Flu | WIRED
https://www.wired.com/story/covid-19-is-nothing-like-the-spanish-flu
Covid-19 Is Not the Spanish Flu
A widely cited stat about death rates seems to argue otherwise, but it's surely incorrect. So how'd it end up in the research literature?

So you are arguing all this on two data sets that are both Wrong and Overstated estimates, per the Experts.

Lastly, I apologize for implying you are a leftist. Sometimes hard to keep track of who is who.
Gee....an article by a journalism major at wired.com. I wonder why I didn't go to wired.com for a medical degree.

I already pointed out the data from the Spanish flu isn't precise. Records were poor and we didn't have antibody tests back then to know how much of the populace actually was exposed. You might notice I've cited references like Stanford and the NIH.

I've also pointed out the numbers today aren't precise. This is a very dynamic situation with cases and deaths growing by the hour. The completed case mortality rate has actually bumped up again since we started our "debate" yesterday. It is now at 18.7%.

Clearly you're right. Time to open up the world again. Once a few million people have died we'll have much better statistics to know what would have been the ideal course of action.

Hell....why not have a parade!!!!

Gee....an article by a journalism major at wired.com. I wonder why I didn't go to wired.com for a medical degree.

I already pointed out the data from the Spanish flu isn't precise. Records were poor and we didn't have antibody tests back then to know how much of the populace actually was exposed. You might notice I've cited references like Stanford and the NIH.

I've also pointed out the numbers today aren't precise. This is a very dynamic situation with cases and deaths growing by the hour. The completed case mortality rate has actually bumped up again since we started our "debate" yesterday. It is now at 18.7%.

Clearly you're right. Time to open up the world again. Once a few million people have died we'll have much better statistics to know what would have been the ideal course of action.

Hell....why not have a parade!!!!

It does not take a medical degree to know when data is grossly overstated or 'experts' have other motives.

I get it, you said the information wasn't precise. And yet you keep trying to make the same argument based on bad data. So I get it you want us all to believe this is a bad virus. Why didn't you just say that?

Wow, you keep using this- Hell....why not have a parade!!!! I am not saying that. Yes, many were hopeful we would be back to work by Easter. We wanted hope. Most sane people knew it was optimistic.

I don't know what it is. Everyone must have a need to be right. This a debate of ideas and thinking. I am passing the time.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/fda-emergency-authorizes-malaria-*******-for-coronavirus/amp/
Totally political. Another example of how dangerous tRump's mouth is. Absolutely zero evidence that this works and instead of finding a true cure, people are about to be focused on this and that stockpile was for sufferers of malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

I get it, you said the information wasn't precise. And yet you keep trying to make the same argument based on bad data.
I said the data are not precise. I did not say the data are bad. There is a big difference, but it's apparent you won't care.
So I get it you want us all to believe this is a bad virus. Why didn't you just say that?
I did say that, multiple times. As I said just 2 posts ago....COVID is the greatest global health emergency we've faced in our lifetimes
Wow, you keep using this- Hell....why not have a parade!!!! I am not saying that.
You haven't called for a parade, but you certainly made posts suggesting the world's response is an over-reaction....and making statements like "Oh I wonder why we didn't shut down the world before?" with links to seasonal flu data. That kind of non-sense is exactly what Philadelphia leadership was saying in 1918 when they allowed their parade despite warnings of doctors....it's just the "old fashioned seasonal flu"....resulting in a death rate which peaked 8 times higher than that in St. Louis where schools and businesses were closed and social distancing measures put in place.
This a debate of ideas and thinking. I am passing the time.
You should spend less time passing and more time thinking....or hell why not have a parade!!!!

Totally political. Another example of how dangerous tRump's mouth is. Absolutely zero evidence that this works and instead of finding a true cure, people are about to be focused on this and that stockpile was for sufferers of malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

Yeah, why would you want to test a long approved and widely used ******* to see if it works against another virus in pandemic? Especially after, "Normally used to treat malaria, hydroxychloroquine yielded promising yet inconclusive results in a small coronavirus trial." Evil Trump trying to find a cure. [for Subhub-Sarcasm]

Yeah, all the vaccine companies are going to stop every experiment and research because the FDA approved trials. Those evil for profit corporations. [Sarcasm, again Subhub]

I wonder is it hatred for Trump and/ or fear for the Democrats if he turns out right?

Your claim of zero evidence is BullShit. France just authorized the use of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment for some COVID cases. They recently published an observational study of 80 COVID patients given combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin which showed excellent results with 78 of the 80 hospitalized patients recovering sufficiently to be discharged in 5 days. Here in Kansas, the average hospital stay for a COVID patient has been 10 days if they don't wind up in intensive care. If they do go into the IC unit, their average stay is 14 days....or until they go 6' under.

Your claim of zero evidence is BullShit. France just authorized the use of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment for some COVID cases. They recently published an observational study of 80 COVID patients given combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin which showed excellent results with 78 of the 80 hospitalized patients recovering sufficiently to be discharged in 5 days. Here in Kansas, the average hospital stay for a COVID patient has been 10 days if they don't wind up in intensive care. If they do go into the IC unit, their average stay is 14 days....or until they go 6' under.

Not my claim: Luciana Borio, MD. VP, In-Q-Tel, former NSC Director for Medical and Biodefense Preparedness, former FDA Acting Chief Scientist. She said it today. She also said:
"I would like to see who at FDA's [Medical Countermeasures Initiative] signed off on this EUA despite the total lack of scientific evidence that chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine are beneficial in the treatment of COVID-19,"

From the article:
The authorization markedly lowers the threshold for the quantity and rigor of data required for approval. FDA has rarely if ever approved a ******* solely on anecdotal data with no demonstration of its safety or efficacy for its intended use.

Trump has exerted great pressure on FDA to authorize widespread use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, repeatedly asserting that he strongly believes they will cure COVID-19. Trump has also falsely stated several times over the past week that FDA had approved the two ******* for COVID-19.

Yeah, why would you want to test a long approved and widely used ******* to see if it works against another virus in pandemic? Especially after, "Normally used to treat malaria, hydroxychloroquine yielded promising yet inconclusive results in a small coronavirus trial." Evil Trump trying to find a cure. [for Subhub-Sarcasm]

Yeah, all the vaccine companies are going to stop every experiment and research because the FDA approved trials. Those evil for profit corporations. [Sarcasm, again Subhub]

I wonder is it hatred for Trump and/ or fear for the Democrats if he turns out right?
See above.

I said the data are not precise. I did not say the data are bad. There is a big difference, but it's apparent you won't care.

I did say that, multiple times. As I said just 2 posts ago....COVID is the greatest global health emergency we've faced in our lifetimes

You haven't called for a parade, but you certainly made posts suggesting the world's response is an over-reaction....and making statements like "Oh I wonder why we didn't shut down the world before?" with links to seasonal flu data. That kind of non-sense is exactly what Philadelphia leadership was saying in 1918 when they allowed their parade despite warnings of doctors....it's just the "old fashioned seasonal flu"....resulting in a death rate which peaked 8 times higher than that in St. Louis where schools and businesses were closed and social distancing measures put in place.

You should spend less time passing and more time thinking....or hell why not have a parade!!!!

Yeah, I see that. And I see, without doubt, you think this is on level with the Spanish Flu.

Yes I ask those questions. And the rates and 'official' numbers led to those questions.

"In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That’s fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC’s 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths."

2018-2019 Flu Season Was the Longest in 10 Years, CDC Says ...
time.com/5610878/2018-2019-flu-season/

And these are 'on par with a typical' flu season and with a national vaccine protocol. So with these numbers being typical and the Coronavirus numbers "not being precise" you have to ask those questions and avoid alarmism.

But I am still looking at the broader points about highly survivable, most won't get sick or will have mild to moderate symptoms and the vast majority of those testing are not testing positive for Covid-19. You did hammer the survivor rates to the Spanish Flu, but the broader points still stand out to me.

And franking in my opinion, looking at all the data, and the admission of the WHO with doubling their numbers compared to the economic damage we are seeing it is only fair to ask those questions. Add in the context of the broader points juxtaposed to:

Leading Causes of Death
Number of deaths for leading causes of death annually US

Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

And most of these have been referred to as “the greatest global health emergency we've faced in our lifetimes” And no where did I say we should not be cautious or take precautions. I question shutting down our economy in light of the broader points above and now adding in the context of causes of death

Not my claim: Luciana Borio, MD. VP, In-Q-Tel, former NSC Director for Medical and Biodefense Preparedness, former FDA Acting Chief Scientist. She said it today. She also said:
"I would like to see who at FDA's [Medical Countermeasures Initiative] signed off on this EUA despite the total lack of scientific evidence that chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine are beneficial in the treatment of COVID-19,"

From the article:
The authorization markedly lowers the threshold for the quantity and rigor of data required for approval. FDA has rarely if ever approved a ******* solely on anecdotal data with no demonstration of its safety or efficacy for its intended use.

Trump has exerted great pressure on FDA to authorize widespread use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, repeatedly asserting that he strongly believes they will cure COVID-19. Trump has also falsely stated several times over the past week that FDA had approved the two ******* for COVID-19.
Maybe you should look into why no longer with fda

Republicans and their identity politics are destroying America

Instead of acknowledging facts, Republicans continue to perpetuate the racially-tinged myths that have gridlocked our government. Instead of acknowledging facts, Republicans choose to pontificate about the illegality of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), while simultaneously defending the unconstitutional racial profiling by Sheriff Joseph Arpaio and the unconstitutional muslim ban by President Trump.

What happened to any semblance of political consistency? Republicans shouldn’t have to add falsities into their arguments, but they choose to. Republicans shouldn’t have to play to insecurities and fears to drive their party’s agenda, but they choose to. Republicans shouldn’t be willing to trick and misinform voters to win a political battle, but they choose to. Republicans are making a choice.

Rewriting our political and racial history using identity politics isn’t just immoral and dangerous, it’s a desperate choice. Identity politics are destroying our ability to have honest conversations. Identity politics are destroying our ability to govern. Identity politics are a tool for distracting away from actual policy debates.

Republicans know that it’s easier to distract than it is to discuss our obligations. Republicans know that nothing works more effectively to rile up the Republican base than identity politics. It’s no accident that Republican voters increasingly believe that the “takers” are lazy minorities who depend on the government and that immigrants here illegally are ******* the system dry.

What Republican politicians don’t publicly acknowledge is that statistics show that approximately 40 percent of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients are white Americans, and specifically, white southern Americans, many of whom are Republicans. If Republicans have the better argument, if Republicans have the better policies and if Republicans have the better ideas, shouldn’t they be able to rise above the identity politics that they purport to hate and argue facts?

Look no further than the health care debate for proof. Republican voters have been told repeatedly that a single-payer system would mean the end of the private markets. Republican voters have been told repeatedly that a single payer system means government-controlled health care. Republican voters have been lied to repeatedly. A single-payer system doesn’t mean the private market disappears, it just means that you don’t die if you can’t afford health insurance. It’s that simple. Isn’t that what being the greatest country in the world is all about? There’s nothing great about letting your citizens die from preventable and curable diseases, right?

As the most powerful nation in the history of the world, we can afford to improve the lives of all Americans. The question we must ask is whether that’s a priority. How we spend our money is directly tied to what kind of future we want to have and what kind of country we want to be. The notion that we can’t afford better schools, better roads, better health care and a better shot at the American dream isn’t outdated, it’s flat out wrong. We have choices.

We can afford what we want to afford. At the end of the day, our budget is a moral document. Our budget reflects our priorities and our preferences. Our budget reflects our fiscal and moral obligations. Republican politicians have made their choice, and now it’s our turn. If we want to pay for a public school system that isn’t funded in a way that keeps poor children in inadequately-funded schools, then that’s a choice that we can make. We can choose to give every baby a real shot at climbing the economic ladder. We can choose to ensure that every American has access to medicine when they’re sick, food if they’re hungry and an education that not only informs them but prepares them to compete in an evolving marketplace. We have that choice.

We understand that we won’t meet the needs of everyone or be the answer to everyone’s prayers, but we can certainly try to be. We have that choice. Not everyone will maximize their full potential, but that’s not a reason to give up trying. Whether we like it or not, we are in this together. We sink or we swim together. In order to succeed, we must have a real conversation about everyone paying their fair share. If you can afford to fly on a private plane, you can afford to kick in a little more to the communal pot to ensure that we are meeting our obligations. That’s not redistributing wealth, that’s being part of something bigger than yourself.

We are the greatest country in the world, but with greatness comes an obligation. We are obligated to continue to strive to be greater. We are obligated to live up to our highest morals and the standard of greatness that we constantly espouse. Every other country in the world is trying to catch up to us. We cannot take our foot off the pedal. We cannot let up. Luckily, we have choices about how we move forward.

At some point, Republicans will run out of distractions. At some point, our problems will become so severe and debilitating that coy responses and allegations of fake news won’t be enough. At some point, the American people will demand answers. When that day comes, it won’t be enough to attack Colin Kaepernick for silently kneeling to show his disapproval of our country’s moral failures. When that day comes, it won’t be enough to throw around terms like “welfare queens” or “leeches,” as if we don’t understand dog-whistle politics.

When that day comes, it won’t be enough to mock and malign the dreamers, who are examples of what makes America truly great. When that day comes, Republicans will have to tell Americans what they stand for, not merely what they stand in opposition to. When that day comes, Republicans will have to answer for the decades of distractions, divisiveness and identity politics that have hurt countless Americans. When that day comes, it will be a truly great day. But until then, we have choices.

"This does not matter...… this is your opinion, It is a
opinion [says it in the headline] where is the substantive articles......" Subhub​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back