Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have to trash anything positive about trump...he does that all on his own if you take the time to read some of the posts......your only concerned about finding the next trump supporter that says trump is not a racist.....when no one here cares....you have run it into the ground!....you find ONE and then post a 2000 word essay about it.....no one cares...the majority of the country thinks he is....end of it!
There were millions who voted for Trump in 2016 just there will be in 2020 @subhub174014 . ;)

Sky fairies? I am saddened that you do not believe @Subby. This thread is not based upon religion but understand there are various clues in society that connect to the Bible even in the UK. Do you realize that if for whatever reason that you end up as a witness or as a plaintiff or a defendant in court it is customary that you have to swear oaths on the Bible? Why would such a system connect itself to fairy tales?

And by the very manner we tell time is based on the Bible. What year is it? 2019. 2019 years since what @Subby ? As an exercise I leave that up to you to look into.

Don't be sad for me matey, I'm ok really.

You are quite correct that our systems of government and justice are largely based on christianity (although our future king will not be 'defender of the faith' but 'defender of faiths' , thereby acknowledging that there is more than one faith. In fact there are many - are you certain yours is the correct one to follow?).

Yes, they still use the bible in court, but I fail to see the relevance. It doesn't stop people from lying. People don't get the thunderbolt from heaven when they do lie.

Basing the justice system on the fear of God makes sense on a few levels, especially with regards to scaring believers into believing that the court is verified and certified by the almighty himself. It is/was perhaps a clever move, but the continued presence of the bible in court is now no more than a cute relic that adds a certain pomp and officiality to proceedings.

I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, the man. As a result I'm disgusted with the pursuit of money and the materialism that he would have despaired at. I believe that greed is rife and a sign of a sickness in society that God, if he was real, would destroy.

I believe in fairness, forgiveness and love.

That's why I don't believe in God.

No that's right. God is a good guy, who just happens to tolerate a certain amount of death, disease, starvation and suffering in children and adults, so that the faithful can say, 'he works in mysterious ways' etc.
But we're not supposed to be discussing sky fairies, so...
His creation has the autonomy to make mistakes and that is the cause of "death, disease, starvation and suffering in children and adults". We are not chess pieces for Him to move. But there are times when He decides to intervene @Subby.

To make it easy consider Superman as a far weaker form of God. And if Superman is God all he tells his creation is to not do anything with Kryptonite otherwise he cannot intervene. Naturally mankind uses it and we see the results not having his assistance. If you did not catch it Kryptonite is a metaphor for the 10 Commandments and disobedience to His word from the Holy Bible.

Don't be sad for me matey, I'm ok really.

You are quite correct that our systems of government and justice are largely based on christianity (although our future king will not be 'defender of the faith' but 'defender of faiths' , thereby acknowledging that there is more than one faith. In fact there are many - are you certain yours is the correct one to follow?).

Yes, they still use the bible in court, but I fail to see the relevance. It doesn't stop people from lying. People don't get the thunderbolt from heaven when they do lie.

Basing the justice system on the fear of God makes sense on a few levels, especially with regards to scaring believers into believing that the court is verified and certified by the almighty himself. It is/was perhaps a clever move, but the continued presence of the bible in court is now no more than a cute relic that adds a certain pomp and officiality to proceedings.

I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, the man. As a result I'm disgusted with the pursuit of money and the materialism that he would have despaired at. I believe that greed is rife and a sign of a sickness in society that God, if he was real, would destroy.

I believe in fairness, forgiveness and love.

That's why I don't believe in God.
I was thinking you are an atheist. It is good that you believe in Jesus Christ. But there is the Trinity as He is also connected to the Holy Spirit and God Himself. How? I am uncertain but to me a man could also be considered a ******* to his parents, an husband to his spouse, and a ******* to his children. Perhaps something similar would apply to Him?

Plus it is good that you recognize that there was a change to the title that the monarchy holds there as it was changed where originally he/she was a 'defender of the faith'.

Nothing is wrong with the pursuit of money. Seeing that you have a belief in Jesus @Subby you recognize the fact that when he was on earth he was a carpenter. So he must have built homes and various structures and did woodworking. Consider such tradesmen these days as they are paid very well for the skills that they learned within their guild. In the case of Jesus I speculate that he learned such skills through Joesph who was a carpenter.

I also believe in fairness, forgiveness, and love.
That's why I believe in God.

Last edited:
His creation has the autonomy to make mistakes and that is the cause of "death, disease, starvation and suffering in children and adults". We are not chess pieces for Him to move. But there are times when He decides to intervene @Subby.

To make it easy consider Superman as a far weaker form of God. And if Superman is God all he tells his creation is to not do anything with Kryptonite otherwise he cannot intervene. Naturally mankind uses it and we see the results not having his assistance. If you did not catch it Kryptonite is a metaphor for the 10 Commandments and disobedience to His word from the Holy Bible.

Superman? Kryptonite? Really?

God has an interesting set of criteria that he uses to determine when to intervene - you only have to see the vultures circling over dying children under African skies; innocent children crying in pain and fear as bone cancer ravages their bodies. At what point does he decide that he's going to stop priests from ******* altar boys? Why does he allow genocide and war? By not involving himself, how are the lessons of history being learned? They're not, is the simple answer, because the rich and powerful control this planet, not a disinterested megabeing, who doesn't actually do anything to help those in need.

Meanwhile the rich lounge on their yachts and in their mansions, instead of opening the doors for the cpld and hungry. They tell us that God will help those who help themselves and purge their own guilt at church on Sunday. The church in the leafy area, not the one with those smelly poor people in the city.

Bob Marley said, "if you know what life is worth, you will look for yours on earth" and he was dead right.

I wish you well, but I do so because it is the decent thing to do. I will always react against the idea of an all powerful mega-being, because I believe that it provides a safe haven for those whose behaviour isn't at the standard that it should be in a good person. And it is a trap for the weak of will and poor of spirit.

I'm out, you'll be glad to hear.

Sky fairies? I am saddened that you do not believe @Subby. This thread is not based upon religion but understand there are various clues in society that connect to the Bible even in the UK. Do you realize that if for whatever reason that you end up as a witness or as a plaintiff or a defendant in court it is customary that you have to swear oaths on the Bible? Why would such a system connect itself to fairy tales?

And by the very manner we tell time is based on the Bible. What year is it? 2019. 2019 years since what @Subby ? As an exercise I leave that up to you to look into.
The week is based on creation week. that is good about the year! Have you thought up this one? Time measurements: the earth rotates 1 time around the sun every year, the moon around the earth 1 time per month, the earth makes its rotation once a day, a clock keeps hours and seconds, What is the one thing that identifies our week, nothing in space. God created the earth and all upon it in 6 working days and he rested on the 7 the day, thus we have or weeks.

The week is based on creation week. that is good about the year! Have you thought up this one? Time measurements: the earth rotates 1 time around the sun every year, the moon around the earth 1 time per month, the earth makes its rotation once a day, a clock keeps hours and seconds, What is the one thing that identifies our week, nothing in space. God created the earth and all upon it in 6 working days and he rested on the 7 the day, thus we have or weeks.
The earth is 4.6 billion years old. Which week was it that he created everything?

The earth is not 4.6 billion years old according to the Biblical time table it is just over 6000 years old. We did not evolve from apes either. No offence intended, my last post was in reference to Stiff's post.

The earth is not 4.6 billion years old according to the Biblical time table it is just over 6000 years old. We did not evolve from apes either. No offence intended, my last post was in reference to Stiff's post.
No offence taken. Just a bit gob- smacked.
Sorry for replying, but maybe message stiff directly if you don't want your unusual views to be scrutinised on a public forum?

Superman? Kryptonite? Really?

God has an interesting set of criteria that he uses to determine when to intervene - you only have to see the vultures circling over dying children under African skies; innocent children crying in pain and fear as bone cancer ravages their bodies. At what point does he decide that he's going to stop priests from ******* altar boys? Why does he allow genocide and war? By not involving himself, how are the lessons of history being learned? They're not, is the simple answer, because the rich and powerful control this planet, not a disinterested megabeing, who doesn't actually do anything to help those in need.

Meanwhile the rich lounge on their yachts and in their mansions, instead of opening the doors for the cpld and hungry. They tell us that God will help those who help themselves and purge their own guilt at church on Sunday. The church in the leafy area, not the one with those smelly poor people in the city.

Bob Marley said, "if you know what life is worth, you will look for yours on earth" and he was dead right.

I wish you well, but I do so because it is the decent thing to do. I will always react against the idea of an all powerful mega-being, because I believe that it provides a safe haven for those whose behaviour isn't at the standard that it should be in a good person. And it is a trap for the weak of will and poor of spirit.

I'm out, you'll be glad to hear.
Of course Superman is a far weaker metaphor and one that most people that are familliar with. Absolutely there are a variety of injustices that occur in this world. That was a result of the mistakes of our forefathers that left their children: us in this mess. Again God gave us free will. Just as to those who came before us years and centuries before. They made horrible decisions that we have to manage and fix. Look at Billy Joel's song "We didn't start the fire":

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fb3a5a159412c1ed871933754bd24d298.316x316x1.jpg

We Didn’t Start the Fire
Billy Joel

Produced by Mick Jones (Foreigner) & Billy Joel

Album Storm Front

WE DIDN’T START THE FIRE LYRICS
[Verse 1]
Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, Television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe
Rosenbergs, H-Bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, The King And I, and The Catcher In The Rye,
Eisenhower, Vaccine, England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbye

[Chorus]
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it

[Verse 2]
Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev
Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc
Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, Dacron
Dien Bien Phu Falls, "Rock Around the Clock"
Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team
Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland
Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Khrushchev
Princess Grace, Peyton Place, Trouble in the Suez

[Chorus]
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

[Verse 3]
Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac
Sputnik, Zhou En-lai, Bridge On The River Kwai,
Lebanon, Charles de Gaulle, California baseball
Starkweather Homicide, Children of Thalidomide
Buddy Holly, Ben-Hur, Space Monkey, Mafia
Hula Hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no-go
U-2, Syngman Rhee, payola and Kennedy
Chubby Checker, Psycho, Belgians in the Congo

[Chorus]
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

[Verse 4]
Hemingway, Eichmann, Stranger in a Strange Land,
Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs invasion
Lawrence of Arabia, British Beatlemania
Ole Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson
Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British Politician sex
J.F.K. blown away, what else do I have to say?

[Chorus]
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

[Verse 5]
Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, Terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan
Wheel of Fortune, Sally Ride, heavy metal suicide
Foreign debts, homeless Vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and Roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore

[Chorus]
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
It will still burn on, and on, and on, and on...

We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire

What makes the song important?

• “We Didn’t Start the Fire” is a constant reminder that no matter how crazy times may seem today, they have always been crazy and will continue to be crazy as long as life continues to exist.
    It is a time capsule of political and cultural events that enlighten the listener to the moments that shape Billy Joel’s perspective of the world.
    Particularly striking is the pattern of events that succeeded World War II and led through the beginning, middle, and end of the Cold War. There are constant reminders that a devastating nuclear war threatened large populaces on the planet and though you yourself may live in a time of turmoil and struggle, Billy Joel plants the chronological stake that claims his formative years were shrouded by the universal acceptance of legitimate fears of the end of the world.
( https://genius.com/Billy-joel-we-didnt-start-the-fire-lyrics )

Billy Joel was touching on issues since World War 2. If he were commissioned to make such a song since the fall of Adam & Eve that song would be a long running opera filled with mistakes that humanity made!
Resulting in the messes that you appropriately recognize @Subby.

Definitely the are rich guys that somehow get an edge on their fellow man and live like kings like Jeffery Epstein, or to literally try to pass themself as God like Kim Jung-Un. But there are others that do try to help like Bill Gates where he and his wife have a foundation where they try to fix these injustices and help the poor after he got incredibly wealthy via DOS and Windows on PC's.
( https://www.gatesfoundation.org )

Do you realize that if for whatever reason that you end up as a witness or as a plaintiff or a defendant in court it is customary that you have to swear oaths on the Bible?
This is customary because a majority of the populace still have some level of belief in the sky fairies. However you don't have to swear on a bible as evidenced by the article you linked to. You're allowed to swear an oath on the bible, on other religious texts, or simply make an affirmation you will tell the truth without any fairy tale books involved. This is also true in the US. This is hardly something new. You might read up on the Quackers Act of 1695 for instance. It's ironic people are asked to put their hand on one of the greatest works of fiction in order to ensure they will tell the truth.

This is built into the US Constitution. For example, the president is required to state an oath or affirmation. The text of that oath is in the constitution....Note, even though most presidents have stuck "so help me god" at the end, it is not part of the constitutional text. Most presidents have put their hand on a bible while being sworn in but it isn't required anywhere. A few have not. I like John Quincy Adams' handling of it....he swore on a book of law.

When I'm elected President, I haven't decided if I will place my hand on the Origin of Species or the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster while wearing a colander on my head.

Ramen

There were millions who voted for Trump in 2016 just there will be in 2020 @subhub174014 . ;)

again to dense to get the point......what are you going to do post a bio on each one every week!

Poll: Trump Approval Down, Slips With Base | WBUR News
https://www.wbur.org/npr/685539207/poll-trump-approval-down-slips-with-base · Jun 24, 2019

How will Trump supporters deal with Trump losing the 2020 ...
Trump-supporters-deal-with-Trump-losing-the-2020...

Jul 23, 2019 · And in the 2018 midterms, the Republicans had this confirmed in the Senate races where with the exception of Alabama and Montana, every candidate that said, “I support Trump” won, including West Virginia’s Democratic Senator. If Trump loses in 2020… this will likely trickle down into the

I partially agree @Hottobe cucked . Definitely mankind did not evolve from apes. Because if we did why are there not homosapiens like us emerging from dwellings where apes are at this time if we do have such a connectivity to that species?

But I disagree with you about the 6000 year time table. Why? Consider Genesis 1:1-2:

Genesis 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
( https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=KJV )

God created heaven and the earth, and afterward there was the water on the planet. That suggests a gap of time. That could be thousands of years? Millions of Years? Maybe more? There even could have been civilizations that could have lived and died before the dinosaurs?

Moreover all the time there are ancient cities uncovered that go back tens of thousands of years ago like Gobekli Tepe in Turkey?
( https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/gobekli-tepe-the-worlds-first-temple-83613665/)

It makes sense as the people were strongly motivated creating hiding places where they could flee from the Nephilim as you are aware. For others who are interested about who the Nephilim were in the Bible feel free to look into Steve Quayle ( https://www.stevequayle.com ) or LA Marzulli ( https://lamarzulli.net ) as modern references in addition to the Bible as well.

Last edited:
This is customary because a majority of the populace still have some level of belief in the sky fairies. However you don't have to swear on a bible as evidenced by the article you linked to. You're allowed to swear an oath on the bible, on other religious texts, or simply make an affirmation you will tell the truth without any fairy tale books involved. This is also true in the US. This is hardly something new. You might read up on the Quackers Act of 1695 for instance. It's ironic people are asked to put their hand on one of the greatest works of fiction in order to ensure they will tell the truth.

This is built into the US Constitution. For example, the president is required to state an oath or affirmation. The text of that oath is in the constitution....Note, even though most presidents have stuck "so help me god" at the end, it is not part of the constitutional text. Most presidents have put their hand on a bible while being sworn in but it isn't required anywhere. A few have not. I like John Quincy Adams' handling of it....he swore on a book of law.

When I'm elected President, I haven't decided if I will place my hand on the Origin of Species or the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster while wearing a colander on my head.

Ramen
Like I told @Subby @hoping hubby, what year is it? 2019. 2019 years since what? :unsure:
As an exercise I let you sleuth that for yourself. ;)

Thou shall not *******
Thou shall not *******....unless oh something like the neighboring village has people in it trying to get you to worship a different sky fairy....then thou shalt ******* them all, men women and children. ******* all their livestock. Burn the village to the ground and never rebuild it. Deuteronomy 13:13-18 Because you know he's a merciful loving god....

I don't have to trash anything positive about trump...he does that all on his own if you take the time to read some of the posts......your only concerned about finding the next trump supporter that says trump is not a racist.....when no one here cares....you have run it into the ground!....you find ONE and then post a 2000 word essay about it.....no one cares...the majority of the country thinks he is....end of it!

If the majority of people think he’s a racist - and - that’s a big IF - it’s because the media is now pushing that narrative and people like you that LUV to HATE our President jump right on that bandwagon - thankfully in the real world there’s more of us than you and you’re blind to see that - until once again in 2020 ya will - but it’ll be tooooo late again - then another 4 years of tantrums and whining :|

Ramen

Ahhhh the resident expert on all matters legal has spoken

2019 BCE which stands for Before Common Era.
Formerly it was based on the birth of christ, but since the majority of the world aren't Christian it was changed to BCE.

That isn't a secret. It isn't because God made the calendar or something.
Again very good for recognizing how it used to be @Subby. If the birth of Christ is a fairy tale why did our forefathers take it so seriously? There must have been something to it in my humble opinion. If you, @hoping hubby , @subhub174014 or anyone else care to disagree feel free. I am not going to make the same mistake negating or dulling my belief in God. Not even on a porn site. Like others my life is not perfect but I don't plan on meeting my Maker one day having him ashamed of me for not stepping up here. If I can step up for Trump I can absolutely do the same for Almighty God Himself also.

Thou shall not *******....unless oh something like the neighboring village has people in it trying to get you to worship a different sky fairy....then thou shalt ******* them all, men women and children. ******* all their livestock. Burn the village to the ground and never rebuild it. Deuteronomy 13:13-18 Because you know he's a merciful loving god....
I love that people pick and choose what bits of the bible to back up their beliefs. Take these two gems:

Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. Leviticus 19:19

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads. Leviticus 19:27

This is the same bible that says the earth is 6000 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back