Trump lost moving on with new year go Biden

Jimmy Carter is a nice guy but don’t think anything he says now has any bearing on anything. Poor guy is all broken up now - I wish him well. He was an ineffectual President.

TRUMP is president until he's not. respect is necessary

there used to be such a thing as respect for the office....but that is something else the right did away with......they did so much to disgrace the office when Obama was pres....there is no respect to give anymore...….remember Obama giving a speech to congress on olive tv....and one of your fellow republicans stood up and called him a liar....so don't even go with the respect thing....doesn't work anymore....something else the right destroyed

there used to be such a thing as respect for the office....but that is something else the right did away with......they did so much to disgrace the office when Obama was pres....there is no respect to give anymore...….remember Obama giving a speech to congress on olive tv....and one of your fellow republicans stood up and called him a liar....so don't even go with the respect thing....doesn't work anymore....something else the right destroyed
i always respect the office if thats the kind of person you are thats fine

I really wasn't addressing you Subby, I added a little flavor to Subhubs handle. No I am not silly in stating that God placed Donald Trump in the white house, I am a Christian and I know much of what the word of God says. Not a debate about God though, I will leave Judgement up to Him.

should have deleted my first answer....but most of it is right

BUT....don't let this go to your head...but I will apologize for some of my harsh comments to you

you post...what seems to me....as a lot of dumb *******....but so do several others on here....blkdlaur doesn't make to many radical comments mostly one liners so can't really say he makes foolish statements.....where as allfor……..makes a lot of foolish statements...but on occasion will post a link...not what I would call credible….but it does give him some credibility in what he is saying....you posy no links.....like a couple others on here that just shoot off and don't post any links backing up anything they say.....but what "irked" me with you is...….you said you were tired of links...….links is what gives anyone credibility to what they say....right link...left link....doesn't matter they are showing what they believe...….on occasion opinions are fine...but without some kind of link...whatever you say is just an opinion....and those are fine on occasion...but not on a repeated basis.....

now as for you GOD comment....have to disagree......I still think he is the devil......but the problem with a lot of churches...and trump is a good example...the church NEVER condoned half of what trump has done....but anymore the churches use the pulpit to preach politics also....most people already have their beliefs....and if they can't go to a church with similar beliefs.....helping the poor...abortion or etc... they don't go.....

U.S. Church Membership Down Sharply in Past Two Decades
church-membership-down-sharply-past-two-decades.aspx
Apr 18, 2019 · Consistent with this, the decline in church membership has been greater among Catholics. Twenty years ago, 76% of Catholics belonged to a church; now, 63% do. Meanwhile, 67% of Protestants, down from 73% in 1998-2000, are members of a church.

Jimmy Carter is a nice guy but don’t think anything he says now has any bearing on anything. Poor guy is all broken up now - I wish him well. He was an ineffectual President.

I see he took another fall this week...2 times in a month...not sure what kind of house builder he is going to be...morale support maybe.....but being 95...he is still sharp as a tack!...he has always been outspoken against both parties

as for him being pres...…..probably one of the few in that office that had REAL religion...…...what fucked him was Iran....they screwed up that rescue mission trying to land those choppers in the desert...screwed up the mission...….then it sure appears..Reagan pulled a fast one in some way......right after carter out and Reagan..... in Iran released the hostage's

I see he took another fall this week...2 times in a month...not sure what kind of house builder he is going to be...morale support maybe.....but being 95...he is still sharp as a tack!...he has always been outspoken against both parties

as for him being pres...…..probably one of the few in that office that had REAL religion...…...what fucked him was Iran....they screwed up that rescue mission trying to land those choppers in the desert...screwed up the mission...….then it sure appears..Reagan pulled a fast one in some way......right after carter out and Reagan..... in Iran released the hostage's

What I recall most about Jimmy Carter other than the failed hostage rescue attempt - which I - in no way blamed him for - was the malaise in the economy - inflation - and runaway interest rates.

well that is a huge shock......he has money interests in Turkey...can't come down on them to hard....huge success.....guess they only killed a few thousand of our allies

Trump declares 'big success' in Syria, lifts sanctions on Turkey

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump lifted sanctions on Turkey Wednesday and declared a "big success" in Syria, saying Turkish officials had agreed to permanently end their military attack on Syrian Kurdish forces.

Trump's move came even as his own envoy for Syria, James Jeffrey, condemned Turkey's short but ******* military assault as deeply disruptive and said Turkish forces may have committed war crimes in its attack on the Kurds.

It also came as Russia gained a key foothold in Syria and members of Congress expressed growing concerns about Trump's decision to withdraw U.S. forces stationed on the Syria-Turkey border. Trump imposed the U.S. sanctions on Turkey last week after President Recep Tayyip Erdogan launched a military assault on the Kurds, a key U.S. ally in the fight against Islamic State terrorists.

Lawmakers in both parties pilloried Trump's decision to lift sanctions.

"It’s unthinkable that Turkey would not suffer consequences for malevolent behavior which was contrary to the interests of the United States and our friends," Sen. Mitt Romney, a Utah Republican and member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, tweeted after Trump's announcement.

"They are the ones who got us into the Middle East mess," he said during a 15-minute speech at the White House. "Let someone else fight over this long *******-stained sand."

The president said he could reimpose sanctions if Turkey fails to honor its obligations "including the protection of religious and ethnic minorities."

The president had come under withering criticism for his decision to withdraw U.S. forces.

"Trump’s Syria decision not only will do lasting damage to America’s reputation as a trustworthy ally," said Mark Dubowitz, chief executive of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a hawkish Washington-based foreign policy research institute.

© Provided by USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, Inc. "It also rejects the importance of American foreign goals more than seven decades in the making," he said, to contain an expansionist Russia, support U.S. allies, and orient U.S. policy away from the "fiction" that Americans will be safe from threats abroad if the U.S. retreats from the world.

In Syria, the situation on the ground remains in flux. Russia has moved to fill a power vacuum created by the U.S. departure, the Kurds fear an ethnic cleansing by Turkish forces and an estimated 100 ISIS fighters have escaped from Kurdish detention facilities.

On Tuesday, Russia and Turkey agreed to take joint control of a vital strip of territory along the Syria-Turkey border, a victory for Moscow as the U.S. military continued its withdrawal. Russian military police crossed the Euphrates River and entered northern Syria on Wednesday morning, according to Kremlin-controlled state media.

Meanwhile, Turkey's assault, even while suspended, has spawned a humanitarian crisis in Syria. The United Nations estimated Tuesday that about 180,000 Syrians have been ****** to leave their homes or shelters, including 80,000 children, all in desperate need of humanitarian assistance.

And the pact between Russia's Putin and Turkey's leader, Erdogan, gives Moscow a crucial foothold in the Middle East amid a power vacuum created by the U.S. withdrawal. Under the agreement, Russia and Turkey agreed to work together to remove Kurdish fighters from a 20-mile zone in northern Syria.

"It is clear that the United States has been sidelined,” Sen. Bob Menendez, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee said Tuesday during a hearing on Trump's actions in Syria.

On Wednesday, Jeffrey, Trump's Syria envoy, faced a barrage of pointed questions from lawmakers in both parties on the president's decision to withdraw from Syria, which many say was a betrayal of the Kurdish fighters who helped America defeat the Islamic State's caliphate in the country.

"We all know that Trump gave Erdogan the green light to charge into northern Syria," said Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y. the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee. He said Trump's move had led to a "worst-case scenario" in the region.

"We handled (the Kurdish fighters) over to be slaughtered … with no warning and for no good reason," Engel said. "How could the United States do something so disgraceful."

Jeffrey defended Trump's decisions, rejecting the assertion that the president gave Erdogan a green light to attack the Kurds. He said Turkey would have attacked regardless of Trump's move, and said U.S. troops in Syria had never been given the mission to defend the Kurds against a Turkish attack.

"The Turkish incursion into northeast Syria is a tragedy" that has emboldened ISIS and created chaos in the region, Jeffrey said.

Asked about alleged Turkish war crimes, Jeffrey said: "We’re looking into those allegations and we actually have a set of packages and sent a high level demarche to Ankara demanding an explanation." That formal appeal to Turkey likely refers to the assassination of Kurdish politician Hevrin Khalaf, among other executions.

Credible reports of war crimes – being committed against Kurds by Turkish-supported militias – continue to emerge from Syria, said a U.S. official who was not authorized to speak publicly. Verifying the incidents, which have occurred despite the cease-fire, has been complicated by the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the region, the official said.

Democrats expressed particular outrage that Trump has left troops in Syria to protect the oil fields there, while saying nothing about protecting the Kurds.

"All he talks about is securing the oil," said Rep. Tom Malinowski, D-N.J., said at Wednesday's hearing. "I have not heard him say a darn thing about securing the people" living in a region now upended by Turkey's incursion.

Trump's moves in Syria have alienated even his staunchest GOP allies, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and South Carolina Republican Lindsey Graham. And Tuesday's agreement between Russia and Turkey has only exacerbated concerns on Capitol Hill.

James Jeffrey questioning: 'It's clear the US has been sidelined.' Turkey and Russia agree to joint patrols in Syria

Until two weeks ago, Kurdish forces controlled much of northeastern Syria. After an Oct. 6 phone call between Trump and Erdogan, Turkey invaded Syria and began pushing the Kurds south. Under the U.S.-brokered cease-fire, the Kurdish fighters agreed to pull back deeper into Syria, and Turkey agreed to stop its assault.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Trump declares 'big success' in Syria, lifts sanctions on Turkey

Judge tells State Department to begin producing Ukraine ...
https://www.pbs.org/.../judge-tells-state-department-to-begin-producing-ukraine-records
1 hour ago · WASHINGTON (AP) — A judge on Wednesday ordered the State Department to begin producing within 30 days documents related to the Trump administration’s dealings with Ukraine, saying the records ...

Judge tells State Dept. to begin producing Ukraine records
state-dept-to-begin-producing-ukraine-records
52 minutes ago · Judge tells State Dept. to begin producing Ukraine records A judge has directed the State Department to begin producing within 30 days documents related to …

Judge Orders State Dept. to Begin Producing Ukraine Records
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/politics/Judge-Orders-State-Dept-to-Begin-Producing...
A judge has directed the State Department to begin producing within 30 days documents related to the Trump administration's dealings with Ukraine. The records are sought under a Freedom of ...

Back