The worst possible scenario (for a non-Republican) is starting to look likely

How likely is my worst case scenario?

• Unlikely but plausible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-50 likelihood

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The way you structured your post, it appeared you were asking ridgelyfan and me the question regarding that video.
Why even bring our names into that post?
You both were already on this thread recently. Again I didn't want to enrage either of you. You both are like Russian Chess Grandmasters looking 50 moves ahead with whatever I post and look for any ill intent somewhere when in fact in most cases I am just curious. This site has exploded with many people around the world and sometimes their perspectives on things are golden as it saves me the trip around the world to meet such individuals or in my case a trip to the other side of my town to speak with others of that culture.

Having watched a Japanese anime set in ancient China, supposedly an adaption of the Chinese classics, does not make one an expert on China. Moreover my grouse is, I understood nothing.

To be exact, what I understood, is so far off, that it's like watching Star War The Backstroke of the West.

Having watched a Japanese anime set in ancient China, supposedly an adaption of the Chinese classics, does not make one an expert on China. Moreover my grouse is, I understood nothing.

To be exact, what I understood, is so far off, that it's like watching Star War The Backstroke of the West.
Having caught a glimpse of your conversation with @guimoyingji I am in err @Angelyn as I thought you both had a deeper comprehension of how things operated in China as you are wise on those things you speak, the depth of the animé that you also enjoy, perhaps with the additional benefit of possibly being raised in the Chinese culture and cognizant of things that outsiders like myself might not be fully aware. So I await @guimoyingji's input if any should he decide to share or chime in. 🤗

The impeachment fiasco, followed by the Iowa fiasco, is looking very, very ugly for ordinary voters like me who aren't on either party's side.

In my previous posts, I have articulated my general dislike of Democrats and their party. But I also do not consider the Republicans a party that represents me in the slightest bit.

Americans would be better served by having a strong Democratic party produce good candidates, good leadership, and a coherent platform.

The way things are going, I believe we are looking at an unfolding disaster. Everybody is united only in their hatred of Trump, which is not a reason for me or anybody in the middle/ purple states to vote for them. Sanders has good ideas, but without proper moderation it would be impossible for most middle Americans to vote for him. (A heavily left leaning candidate like Sanders MUST be balanced by a strong moderate VP candidate, or even a right of center candidate like Bloomberg). In the end the voters will be split, confused, pissed that their candidate lost because of democrat party elder aka Politburo/ Supreme Soviet meddling, reluctant to go to the polls, etc.

The worst case scenario is increasingly likely. Which is that Bloomberg runs as an independent because the democrats refuse to endorse him as a candidate, the democrats fail to rally, and the ensuring chaos results in low turnout that is clearly and legitimately not the result of Russian meddling or Republican vote suppression.

If you never-Trumper folks think 2016 was bad, I think 2020 will be much, much worse.

Trump rallies his supporters and wins with 50.1% popular vote on the backs of low turnout.

The opposition is so badly split that nationally Bloomberg draws 15% and the democrat candidate draws 34.9%. Even more humiliatingly, Trump holds his vote bloc in NY state losing only a bit to Bloomberg so he gets 35%, Bloomberg draws 30% and the remaining democratic candidate wins 34.9%. In other words, Trump takes New York state on no other basis than the fact that the opposition was split and we have a first past the post system.

50.1% for Trump, in our electoral college would probably translate into something like 400 for Trump and 100 for Democrat candidate. I'm guessing there will be a rebellion by some electors, maybe 38 spoil their votes, vote for Bloomberg, vote for a defeated Democrat candidate, etc.

With a result like this, there can be no doubt what's gonna happen next. I think RBG will hang on grimly, but Breyer might just give up the ghost and retire. An emboldened Trump will nominate an even more right wing justice to the Supreme Court.

The countries who had been holding off dealing with Trump, thinking that the next president would change things, would probably 'see the light' (or shall I call it darkness?) and sign onto any changes that Trump proposes. Which means that Trump's foreign policy will set the tone for many years to come - more unilateralism, less mutual cooperation, less championing of democracy, etc. Even if a Democrat succeeds Trump in 2024, the fact that the US has voted for an isolationist like Trump twice, won't be ignored. It will have very serious ramifications for many years to come.
Guess you didn't know they were going to cheat?

The worst case scenario is increasingly likely. Which is that Bloomberg runs as an independent because the democrats refuse to endorse him as a candidate, the democrats fail to rally, and the ensuring chaos results in low turnout that is clearly and legitimately not the result of Russian meddling or Republican vote suppression.

If you never-Trumper folks think 2016 was bad, I think 2020 will be much, much worse.
Care to submit a "reassessment" of your prior BS? What you think of Trump NOW! Looks like he's becoming the Democrat's word_BITCH.jpg
Don't be embarrassed, however, a lot of ReThuglicans are sulking in their corners now.

Care to submit a "reassessment" of your prior BS? What you think of Trump NOW! Looks like he's becoming the Democrat's View attachment 5704112
Don't be embarrassed, however, a lot of ReThuglicans are sulking in their corners now.
Angelyn hasn't been on the site for over two years...Are you that desperate you're now trying to have arguments with people you know won't respond? If you'd even read the post you replied to, it was obvious she was no republican or trump lover.

Angelyn hasn't been on the site for over two years...Are you that desperate you're now trying to have arguments with people you know won't respond? If you'd even read the post you replied to, it was obvious she was no republican or trump lover.
words_YourOpinion2.jpe ...soword_DICKWAD.jpg ....... and QUIT following me around the website. That's STALKING & HARRASSMENT!

Let's work our differences out in Shelbyville, KY before the New Year. I have the entire week off, next week. Be a good time to settle our differences. "Grow A Pair" and let's do it.

TITLE Boxing Club 849 S. Hurstbourne Pkwy Louisville, KY. 40222. 502-630-0600.

Last edited:
Back