The worst possible scenario (for a non-Republican) is starting to look likely

How likely is my worst case scenario?

• Unlikely but plausible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-50 likelihood

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Plus the Civil Rights Act passed shortly after massive heated public protests when MLK was assassinated.

Rowdy protests: they work

Plus the Civil Rights Act passed shortly after massive heated public protests when MLK was assassinated.

Rowdy protests: they work
Small correction,
King was murdered in 1968.
Civil Rights Act passed in 1964.
Kennedy was murdered 10 months before that. And, the KKK murdered three civil rights activists in Mississippi simply registering people to vote (Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner) just the month before it passed. I think those two things helped moved it through.

We don't. And Trump is just four years younger. That four years meant a lot in high school but after 30, not so much.
Obama looks great for 58. Clinton is 73 and been out of office for 20 years. He bounced back from bypass surgery and is very healthy still running everyday. Better shape than when he served. I don't know about Bush.
Yes, they look good now, but that's because they have left the high-pressure work and entered the leisure stage. They have recovered to varying degrees. But when they just left office, they all had obvious signs of aging, such as age spots, white hair, wrinkles, eye bags, etc. the president is indeed a high-pressure work.

How energetic trump was during the campaign, but now even his first term is not over. Look at trump now, everyone can see the fatigue in Trump's body.

Once you reach the age of 70, it's hard for your body to bear the burden of high-pressure work.

Big Difference:
Civil Rights Movement led to big changes that made life better for all Americans. Each time we have a movement here, we move closer to better a Union. This is our history. It goes back to the beginning, when white men without ownership were barred from serving or voting in some state. Women, could not own property at one time in some states and had to marry in order to get their birthright. Blacks and Chinese were specifically excluded from society. Each group fought, it was ugly but prevailed in bringing the ideal of this country to a more accurate demonstration.
You may have misunderstood what I mean. I don't mean that the civil rights movement is wrong. I mean that the civil rights movement is used by the upper class. They secretly catalyze in the civil rights movement groups and seek political interests for themselves. However, all this has nothing to do with the civil rights movement, because the upper level only cares about what they can get, but not what the lower level people want Get what.

If they cared, it would have been solved long ago, but the unrest in the society was still passionate, suggesting that no one would deal with it until the upper echelons got what they wanted.

So we can wait and see, when the upper layer starts to come forward to solve the problem, it must be when their pockets are bulging.

At that time, their faces must be full of kindness and friendly smile, and then tell you: Oh, we heard your voice, we saw your suffering, so we came to save you.

At this time, everyone will be grateful for the tears, kneel down to kiss their shoes, thank them for their salvation, and forget the indifference of those people when the suffering happened.

This is the reality.
You say you don't advocate Soviet Style Communism. Is here another style you support?
Any political system has both advantages and disadvantages, because society always changes and evolves with the development of science and technology and the improvement of productivity. If any political system wants to play its due role, it must follow the social changes for self evolution, otherwise it will fall behind. Once the political system falls behind the social needs, there will be social unrest, followed by the decline of the country Back.

In history, countless countries perished because of the disaster caused by the backward political system. This is the experience that history provides us.

Back to the topic of Soviet style communism, the advantage of Soviet style communism is that it can play a huge role in the early stage of national development.

This advantage can be reflected in Stalin: the Soviet Union that Stalin took over was a farming country full of harrowing ploughs. By the time Stalin handed over the Soviet Union, it was already an industrial country with atomic bombs, which was the advantage of Soviet style communism.

I know that Stalin's reputation is not much better than Hitler's, but for the Soviet Union, Stalin is a great man, and no one can ignore his achievements, just as Mao Zedong meant to China.

However, with the leap forward of science and technology and the substantial improvement of productivity, the resource allocation system and economic system of Soviet style communism began to fall behind the social needs of the Soviet Union seriously, so the Soviet Union began to have problems, the society began to be turbulent, the economy began to slide, and the signs of various disasters were constantly emerging.

However, the Soviet leaders still stick to the old system without changing themselves. Maybe they want to change, but they don't know how to change.

Finally, the "shock therapy" covered the coffin of the Soviet Union, and a superpower disappeared.

This is what happens when the political system falls behind and does not change in time.

The collapse of the Soviet Union provided valuable experience for China, so China's policies always changed with the society, so that no one could understand Chinese style communism and even the Chinese themselves could not explain it clearly.

Some people ask if China still has communism? To be honest, I don't know. At least China claims to be Communist, and we can only believe it.

Even if it's just a name.

Last edited:
China's current government seems like a totally new thing to me.

It's interesting, because it has billionaires and wealthy powerful people, but the state apparatus and party still wield tremendous power over the wealthy in China (up to and including disappearing people no matter how rich they are).

This is maybe an advantage over the US and most of Europe, where billionaires can get away with pretty much anything, and exercise control over the media and to a large extent the state itself.

The main disadvantages that China faces are of course the lack of democracy and the lack of free expression, to the point where the world is pretty worried about what's going on. And it seems like people get out as soon as they're able. I've gone to the top colleges and worked in top companies in the US and Europe and always had fantastic Chinese friends and co-workers. I believe that's what we call a "brain drain".

It's interesting, because it has billionaires and wealthy powerful people, but the state apparatus and party still wield tremendous power over the wealthy in China (up to and including disappearing people no matter how rich they are).

This is maybe an advantage over the US and most of Europe, where billionaires can get away with pretty much anything, and exercise control over the media and to a large extent the state itself.
I think the best thing the Chinese government has done is to attach importance to history and learn from the history of the whole world.

These historical lessons may not tell us what is right, but history can definitely tell us what is wrong. We are only a part of the historical cycle, constantly reciprocating.

When we learn enough lessons from our ancestors, we can use more historical mistakes to correct our policies and find the right direction, so that we can go further.

It is a great taboo for the chaebol to interfere in politics in China. If you can be a rich man, it doesn't matter. The Chinese government will not pay attention to you. But if you want to manipulate politics with money, you will die.

Because in China's thousands of years of history, many merchants used money to interfere in government affairs, all of which led to major national unrest and recession. Behind these businessmen playing politics with money, all of them paid with the ******* and life of Chinese people.

So you want to make money in China? No problem. If you want money to play politics? Death penalty is waiting for you.

On serious issues, you can't expect the Chinese government to be tolerant, so look at Ma Yun, he is a super rich man, but he never crosses that line, and other super rich people will not cross that line, because all the super rich people who cross that line are dead.

After seeing the political situation in the United States, I strongly support the actions of the Chinese government. It is right to prevent businessmen from interfering in politics.
The main disadvantages that China faces are of course the lack of democracy and the lack of free expression, to the point where the world is pretty worried about what's going on.
As for the topic of speech and freedom, I don't want to arouse your anger. I can only say that it has something to do with culture. The Chinese people are born to pursue order, stability is more than everything, and they hate everything related to chaos.

This is the mark left in the Chinese gene by thousands of years of history: stability represents happiness; chaos represents disaster.

What is democracy? Universal suffrage? In my opinion, this is to let the security guard, the accountant, the courier, the cleaner and the passers-by decide who will operate for me, rather than the doctor setting the medical procedures for me.

I know that security guards, accountants, couriers, cleaners and passers-by will be happy to play this game, but for me who needs medical treatment, it undoubtedly represents a nightmare.

free speech? Does that mean I can talk nonsense without being responsible?

If so, China does have restrictions: in China, you can speak freely, but you have to be responsible for what you have said.

There is a red line in China: social stability. If your words affect social stability, congratulations. You will get a rare Communist dinner package, and you can enjoy it.

If you don't cross the line, well, you can say what you want. The Chinese government is very busy and has no time to pay attention to you.

The world is worried about what's going on?

What do you worry about? Will China suddenly bomb any country?

I don't think the Chinese government has such a mind. One is that western countries have set an example for China, and the Chinese government does not want to jump into the mire; the other is that the management and economic development of 1.4 billion people have left the Chinese government busy and have no rest time. How can they be in the mood to guess what you think?

You will have such an idea, can only prove that you are too leisurely.
And it seems like people get out as soon as they're able. I've gone to the top colleges and worked in top companies in the US and Europe and always had fantastic Chinese friends and co-workers. I believe that's what we call a "brain drain".
Brain drain? Perhaps for the sparsely populated West, China's talent abroad is a serious brain drain.

However, for the large number of graduates, engineers and scientists in China, due to the limited number of scientific posts, China only needs the top talents. For those "talents" abroad, there are more and better substitutes to compete for posts in China.

This is also the reason why China is facing such a serious "brain drain" and is still developing rapidly in science and technology. When the number of engineers and scientists reaches a certain level, it is necessary to "brain drain". The top of the pyramid is only that big and can't accommodate everyone.

Yes, they look good now, but that's because they have left the high-pressure work and entered the leisure stage. They have recovered to varying degrees. But when they just left office, they all had obvious signs of aging, such as age spots, white hair, wrinkles, eye bags, etc. the president is indeed a high-pressure work.

How energetic trump was during the campaign, but now even his first term is not over. Look at trump now, everyone can see the fatigue in Trump's body.

Once you reach the age of 70, it's hard for your body to bear the burden of high-pressure work.

You may have misunderstood what I mean. I don't mean that the civil rights movement is wrong. I mean that the civil rights movement is used by the upper class. They secretly catalyze in the civil rights movement groups and seek political interests for themselves. However, all this has nothing to do with the civil rights movement, because the upper level only cares about what they can get, but not what the lower level people want Get what.

If they cared, it would have been solved long ago, but the unrest in the society was still passionate, suggesting that no one would deal with it until the upper echelons got what they wanted.

So we can wait and see, when the upper layer starts to come forward to solve the problem, it must be when their pockets are bulging.

At that time, their faces must be full of kindness and friendly smile, and then tell you: Oh, we heard your voice, we saw your suffering, so we came to save you.

At this time, everyone will be grateful for the tears, kneel down to kiss their shoes, thank them for their salvation, and forget the indifference of those people when the suffering happened.

This is the reality.

Any political system has both advantages and disadvantages, because society always changes and evolves with the development of science and technology and the improvement of productivity. If any political system wants to play its due role, it must follow the social changes for self evolution, otherwise it will fall behind. Once the political system falls behind the social needs, there will be social unrest, followed by the decline of the country Back.

In history, countless countries perished because of the disaster caused by the backward political system. This is the experience that history provides us.

Back to the topic of Soviet style communism, the advantage of Soviet style communism is that it can play a huge role in the early stage of national development.

This advantage can be reflected in Stalin: the Soviet Union that Stalin took over was a farming country full of harrowing ploughs. By the time Stalin handed over the Soviet Union, it was already an industrial country with atomic bombs, which was the advantage of Soviet style communism.

I know that Stalin's reputation is not much better than Hitler's, but for the Soviet Union, Stalin is a great man, and no one can ignore his achievements, just as Mao Zedong meant to China.

However, with the leap forward of science and technology and the substantial improvement of productivity, the resource allocation system and economic system of Soviet style communism began to fall behind the social needs of the Soviet Union seriously, so the Soviet Union began to have problems, the society began to be turbulent, the economy began to slide, and the signs of various disasters were constantly emerging.

However, the Soviet leaders still stick to the old system without changing themselves. Maybe they want to change, but they don't know how to change.

Finally, the "shock therapy" covered the coffin of the Soviet Union, and a superpower disappeared.

This is what happens when the political system falls behind and does not change in time.

The collapse of the Soviet Union provided valuable experience for China, so China's policies always changed with the society, so that no one could understand Chinese style communism and even the Chinese themselves could not explain it clearly.

Some people ask if China still has communism? To be honest, I don't know. At least China claims to be Communist, and we can only believe it.

Even if it's just a name.
So much to unravel here. I'll try to be flashcard brief.
I'm not a believer of of secret groups all working for a common cause over an even larger group. Conspiracy theory. Looks good in paper and believable to just enough people but nothing of real substance. I say the civil rights movement was an absolute success and did more to move Americans forward that any other event on our soil, sans the American Revolution. I can point to 100 real things that improved not only the lives, but the generations of people that followed. What small elite cabal do you propose benefited more from that? And, when people in this country protest the government, they're not showing up with their hat in their hands begging for crumbs. They're demanding equality in some manner or another.

Communism.
When discussing political systems, we have to come to an agreement on the definition of politics. I go with the popular but simple, Politics is deciding who gets what. You're dividing up finite resources (finances, permits, land, etc) through governing.
Of course communism looks good at first, the governing body takes all production and divides up the resources to an acceptable even amount. However, eventually, someone asks for more. What can I do to get more? Another sees that, and wants more than that. Black markets appear. A political favored class rises. And, the breakdown of communism begins.

So much to unravel here. I'll try to be flashcard brief.
I'm not a believer of of secret groups all working for a common cause over an even larger group. Conspiracy theory. Looks good in paper and believable to just enough people but nothing of real substance. I say the civil rights movement was an absolute success and did more to move Americans forward that any other event on our soil, sans the American Revolution. I can point to 100 real things that improved not only the lives, but the generations of people that followed. What small elite cabal do you propose benefited more from that? And, when people in this country protest the government, they're not showing up with their hat in their hands begging for crumbs. They're demanding equality in some manner or another.
It seems that you have misunderstood my message.

By "upper class", I mean those American politicians who have their own political interests and factions. Therefore, they are not "secret organizations", they are just a group of "political businessmen" who use politics to seek benefits.

You can call them Democrats, or Republicans, or left-wing, or right-wing, or civil rights activists, and so on. These identities depend on their own sources of interests, and are open and legal.

On the topic of the civil rights movement, first of all, I did not oppose the civil rights movement, nor did I criticize the civil rights movement. But on the national level, Roosevelt was the one who promoted the United States the most.

It was Roosevelt who established America's superpower status and left a huge legacy for his successors. Just as Stalin was a great man of the Soviet Union and Mao Zedong was a great man of China, Roosevelt was a great man of the United States.

Roosevelt is the only president of the United States that I admire. Since Roosevelt, there has been no decent president in the United States.

Take a look at the chaos in the streets of the United States. It is clear that it is just a civil rights activity of racial discrimination protest. How did it develop to such a chaotic situation? What are they doing?

Do protests need to rob supermarkets? Does the protest need to burn buildings? Does the protest need to topple the statue?

I don't think it needs conspiracy theory to guess. Now is the global information age. Everyone can see the information. When the chaos reaches a certain level, everyone will inevitably think of a question:

What the hell is going on here?

As the chaos continues in the United States, I am increasingly skeptical that the U.S. government is going to launch a war to divert domestic attention. Perhaps, the U.S. government is just uncertain.

Communism.
When discussing political systems, we have to come to an agreement on the definition of politics. I go with the popular but simple, Politics is deciding who gets what. You're dividing up finite resources (finances, permits, land, etc) through governing.
Of course communism looks good at first, the governing body takes all production and divides up the resources to an acceptable even amount. However, eventually, someone asks for more. What can I do to get more? Another sees that, and wants more than that. Black markets appear. A political favored class rises. And, the breakdown of communism begins.
In my opinion, communism, socialism or capitalism are just a name. They have no meaning. What is meaningful is only the policies you implement, and they must meet the needs of the current society. Otherwise, there will be problems.

The problem you are talking about is the change of Soviet style communism, which developed rapidly in the early stage, but if it develops too fast, it will lead to rapid social evolution, which will lead to the backwardness of political system and the obsolescence and rigidity of policies. When the resource allocation system fails to keep up with the social demand, a large number of oligarchs will emerge, which will control the national economy and penetrate into all aspects of the country. They are just like Parasites, it's hard to get rid of.

This is why Vladimir's two decades of presidency can only stabilize Russia but not save the economy.

Vladimir is undoubtedly an excellent national leader, but Russia is too sick. If we want to cure this disease, we must overthrow the entire Russian plutocracy and re plan resources, but Vladimir can not.

If the disease occurs in China, China can cure it, but Russia can't.

This is also the reason why the Chinese government's policies have been changing. It is not that the Chinese government wants to change, but if it does not change, then China will be the second Soviet Union.

The collapse of the Soviet Union left a material heritage for Russia, but also a spiritual heritage for China: lessons.

In the end, it was the political system of the country that collapsed, not some kind of doctrine.

This is why Vladimir's two decades of presidency can only stabilize Russia but not save the economy.

Vladimir is undoubtedly an excellent national leader, but Russia is too sick. If we want to cure this disease, we must overthrow the entire Russian plutocracy and re plan resources, but Vladimir can not.

Vladmir was part of the oligarchs that profiteered from taking ownership of national industries as favors from the Gorbachev administration when the Soviet Union was breaking up.

He's exactly what you talked about China trying to avoid -- a rich person taking over the political system to enrich himself and a few supporters. Russia has not benefitted from a move to a "free market" economy exactly because of people like _Putin.

I would not think that China had any respect for such a bandit.

Vladmir was part of the oligarchs that profiteered from taking ownership of national industries as favors from the Gorbachev administration when the Soviet Union was breaking up.

He's exactly what you talked about China trying to avoid -- a rich person taking over the political system to enrich himself and a few supporters. Russia has not benefitted from a move to a "free market" economy exactly because of people like _Putin.

I would not think that China had any respect for such a bandit.
Not quite the same. Vladimir himself was not an oligarch. When he first ascended the throne, he had to unite a small number of small chaebols and some of his political partners to crack down on the oligarchs left over by the Soviet Union.

He succeeded, but he also left behind a hidden danger: the petty plutocrats he united with and the political partners in finance.

Russia's lack of financial talent has led Vladimir to rely on the petty plutocrats and his financial and political partners to control the Russian economy.

During the reign of Prime Minister Vladimir, those small chaebols gradually grew into oligarchs, and those political partners engaged in finance began to seek profits wantonly.

When private equity began to appear in Russia's state-owned institutions, I knew that there was no chance for Vladimir.

I personally respect Vladimir, because he really wanted to save Russia, but he did not find the direction, nor did he have Stalin's iron hand.

But I don't worry that Russia will collapse, because if necessary, China will give Russia a ******* transfusion.

Different from the Soviet era, in the current international environment, China absolutely does not allow Russia to collapse, otherwise it will cause a huge chain reaction.

If Vladimir doesn't have a good successor, Russia will definitely have to go through a miserable period until there is an iron fisted leader like Stalin before Russia can rise.

Not meaning to break anybody's bubble, but neither US democracy or capitalism are anythings we should be bragging about right now. Neither are performing as they should.

Not meaning to break anybody's bubble, but neither US democracy or capitalism are anythings we should be bragging about right now. Neither are performing as they should.
My position on democracy is quite different from that of Westerners.

In my opinion, democracy is like a "cold medicine". It can cure some minor diseases. We need it all the time in our life. It can make our body more healthy.

But when you encounter a serious disease that needs surgery, "cold medicine" can't help it. If you still use "cold medicine", it's a chronic death.

So we need cold medicine, but when we need surgery, we have to have surgery, not continue to take cold medicine.

Maybe we will feel the pain of surgery, but it is for a healthier tomorrow.

After we recover, "cold medicine" is still our favorite.

Of course, the premise is that your operation is performed by a highly skilled doctor.

Not a cleaner.

Guimoyingji's words don't scare me. I don't see China as a threat to the US even if China doubled or tripled military expenditure. None of that will destroy American democracy and society from within.

What THIS guy says, scares me:

Roberts is so dangerous, I would rather have Roger Taney dug out of whichever pit in hell he fell into, to replace Roberts.

Given his views on blacks, Taney would have disenfranchised 13% of the population, of course. But Roberts is on a trend to doing worse than that.

Roberts has already ruled that companies can put out propaganda and campaign for their preferred corporate shills.
Roberts is helping the Catholic ulema take my tax dollars and give them to Hasidic yeshivas and salafist madrasahs.
Roberts wants to give madrasahs immunity from Federal laws against discrimination.

And of course, Roberts is the mastermind behind that Shelby County decision, which kicked a big hole in the Voting Rights Act, and has been very effective in disenfranchising minorities.

And don't get me started on his decisions about birth control and health coverage. That makes me so mad.

Roberts is basically a Republican's favorite justice. Pro-Business, Pro-Religion, anti-Minority voting. The Supreme Court under Roberts is going to remake the USA as Gilead. We're going to have Chinese authoritarianism without Chinese pragmatism and competence.

We're going to have Chinese authoritarianism without Chinese pragmatism and competence.
I don't think that the United States can become Chinese style pragmatism and authoritarianism. You don't have to worry about it. Before that, those American plutocrats will try their best to ******* any possibility of pragmatism and authoritarianism, because pragmatism and authoritarianism are the natural enemies of any plutocracy and oligarchy.

So you just need to enjoy the rule of American plutocracy and oligarchy without doing anything.

How did religion teach us to come? The omniscient and omnipotent God will come to save us, isn't it?

All you have to do is pray. Oh, by the way, don't forget to donate to the church.

It's more important than your life.

"The governor of Georgia in the United States has banned compulsory wearing of masks in cities and cities of the state, and has declared at least 15 local governments' previous mandatory orders invalid. The mayor of Savannah, Georgia, wrote an article on the social platform that day, denouncing the governor for not caring about the people. "

Well, this news taught me one thing: the best thing American politicians are good at is embarrassing you.

Before that, I was naive to praise the governors of the United States for being more capable. However, a few days later, they slapped me hard and let me know that my understanding of American politicians was still too shallow.

When you think they are stupid enough, they will tell you with practical actions: young man, you are still too young to understand the world. Now let me tell you, we can be more stupid!

Before that, I was naive to praise the governors of the United States for being more capable.

That's how I know you are indeed a Chinese living in China.
Asian Americans never think like you.
Even someone with 2, 3 years in the US won't say this.

I personally think you can find more competence in a den of ******* dealers than in Congress.

That's how I know you are indeed a Chinese living in China.
Asian Americans never think like you.
Even someone with 2, 3 years in the US won't say this.

I personally think you can find more competence in a den of ******* dealers than in Congress.
Yes, I didn't hide my identity.

I just think that there is a political section in a pornographic website, which makes me a little curious. I wonder what political topics do you have on pornographic websites? Erotic politics? A new form of pornography?

So I started talking to you.

I just think that there is a political section in a pornographic website, which makes me a little curious. I wonder what political topics do you have on pornographic websites? Erotic politics? A new form of pornography?

I'm talking politics more than ever, because I don't dare talk politics on Facebook and don't use Twitter. You don't know how insane political correctness is, on the US educational scene. People who know me in real life know I'm a third party voter, and that's it. I don't discuss politics.

As a Green Party supporter, I do live my life in a moderately Green fashion. People can see that. I have my own metal chopsticks for use with Chinese take out, because I always reject using disposable chopsticks. I don't paint my nails, and it's part of a philosophy that is against putting these chemicals in the environment. I even eat Chinese (actually Taiwanese) mock meat, because meat substitutes made from tofu have less environmental impact.

So at least the Democrats don't hate on me too much because Green is considered progressive too.

But if I say anything about Republicans or Trump that isn't filled with hate and rage, I'll be labelled a Nazi. It's insane.

I'm updating my profile with a new post soon. You might find some answers to your curiosity about me there.

LOL.

My kink is arguing with conservatives

Back