The worst possible scenario (for a non-Republican) is starting to look likely

How likely is my worst case scenario?

• Unlikely but plausible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-50 likelihood

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm talking politics more than ever, because I don't dare talk politics on Facebook and don't use Twitter. You don't know how insane political correctness is, on the US educational scene. People who know me in real life know I'm a third party voter, and that's it. I don't discuss politics.

As a Green Party supporter, I do live my life in a moderately Green fashion. People can see that. I have my own metal chopsticks for use with Chinese take out, because I always reject using disposable chopsticks. I don't paint my nails, and it's part of a philosophy that is against putting these chemicals in the environment. I even eat Chinese (actually Taiwanese) mock meat, because meat substitutes made from tofu have less environmental impact.

So at least the Democrats don't hate on me too much because Green is considered progressive too.

But if I say anything about Republicans or Trump that isn't filled with hate and rage, I'll be labelled a Nazi. It's insane.

I'm updating my profile with a new post soon. You might find some answers to your curiosity about me there.
Yes, I understand your feelings and anxieties when I see the chaotic situation in the United States, but I don't think you can do anything because no one is willing to solve the problem.

This is the difference between Chinese and Westerners when facing problems: if God appears in China, if God can protect Chinese people and perform well, then he will gain Chinese belief; if God does not perform well, Chinese people will change their faith.

If God wants to punish the Chinese, the Chinese will ******* him.

(in Chinese mythology, there are many gods killed by Chinese people. Perhaps, there is no one in the world who knows how to ******* a God better than Chinese people.)

So what would God do in this situation?

Historically speaking, if highly-trained bureaucrats were the solution to a stable and effective government, wouldn't Rome or Prussia still exist?

Historically speaking, if highly-trained bureaucrats were the solution to a stable and effective government, wouldn't Rome or Prussia still exist?
Well trained bureaucrats are not the solution to establish a stable and effective government. A political system that matches the needs of the society is the real solution to the stability and effectiveness of the government.

This can be observed from the history of China: each dynasty is in the initial stage of national strength rise, until the peak, but with the evolution of society, the political system began to become backward, obsolete, to a certain stage, replaced by a new dynasty, and then continue to cycle.

Therefore, Chinese people don't like American style street demonstrations, which is meaningless to Chinese people. History tells Chinese people that the real street demonstration is to overthrow the old regime and let those who have the ability to establish a new regime. When the new regime becomes the old regime, we will push it over again and start a new cycle, even if the process is full of death.

Therefore, the Communist Party of China has always focused on the territory. Once there are any problems in Chinese society, the Communist Party of China will always solve them as soon as possible, and any officials who do not perform well will be investigated and dealt with as soon as possible.

Why is this? Is the Communist Party of China so great? No, the Communist Party of China is not great at all for the simple reason that it is just afraid.

Is there anyone in the world who knows Chinese tradition better than Chinese? No。

Remember what I said? It is the political system, not dogma, that eventually collapses.

Now the question arises. Do you think the current political system of the United States still matches the current social evolution of the United States?

In my opinion, this is just another historical repetition.

(in Chinese mythology, there are many gods killed by Chinese people. Perhaps, there is no one in the world who knows how to ******* a God better than Chinese people.)

I seriously have no clue how to respond to this.
Gods are killed often in Chinese mythology?
Sometimes I get the impression your account is controlled by more than one person, because the thoughts do not sync completely.

Therefore, Chinese people don't like American style street demonstrations, which is meaningless to Chinese people.

First, demonstrations are not an "American" thing -- we protest here a lot less than other countries. France is the best at protesting maybe.

Second, I can think of a few very famous street demonstrations in China --

• The famous student uprising at Tianenmen Square that was put down using the military with serious loss of life
  • The current protests in Hong Kong that are not quite as brutally put down, but which are being stopped with liberal use of *******
  • The protests between the Han people and local natives in Tibet (with protesting and some violence from both sides)
I don't think it's fair to say they're "meaningless", and they do still happen in China even under risk of violence or ******* from the state.

Once there are any problems in Chinese society, the Communist Party of China will always solve them as soon as possible, and any officials who do not perform well will be investigated and dealt with as soon as possible.

Do you think that no other governments bother to solve problems or hold people accountable for them? China's secret to a stable government is trying this new idea nobody had ever thought of before -- "solve problems"? If only any government in human history had every tried to solve a problem. Alas.

This is so patronizing.

Now the question arises. Do you think the current political system of the United States still matches the current social evolution of the United States?

In my opinion, this is just another historical repetition.

I don't know what this means. We elect leaders, so by design they're supposed to represent the people they were chosen by. That's not always perfect because democracy isn't perfect, but I'm not sure that letting some guys in a small club decide everything for me without giving me any say is going to turn out well for me.

Once there are any problems in Chinese society, the Communist Party of China will always solve them as soon as possible, and any officials who do not perform well will be investigated and dealt with as soon as possible.

ridgelynfan,
I smiled when I read the words above.
As a teacher, I've learned not to argue with ******* when they say certain things.

I seriously have no clue how to respond to this.
Gods are killed often in Chinese mythology?
Sometimes I get the impression your account is controlled by more than one person, because the thoughts do not sync completely.
I just give you an example to illustrate the pragmatism of the Chinese people.

Is God's death strange? Don't Western gods also have stories of death? What's surprising?

The earliest mythological records in China come from the pre Qin period more than 2000 years ago. The myths and stories of this period are generally rough. The most famous one is the story of Sun God (a kind of crow with golden flame) in the primitive tribal period.

In the primitive period, ten crows with golden flame were born in the sky. They became ten suns hanging in the sky, burning the earth, making the river dry and the land dry. The Chinese people were miserable. The Chinese prayed to the sun god, but the sun god did not pay attention to the Chinese people's request. In helpless, a hero was born in the Chinese people: 后羿.

后羿 killed nine sun gods with his bows and arrows, leaving one to keep light for the earth. Of course, I guess some people may say that how can bows and arrows ******* the sun gods? I don't know. It's just a myth, isn't it?

With the compilation of mythology by generations of cultural people, by the time of Ming Dynasty, Chinese mythology began to become detailed and complete.

"封神榜" is the most violent mythological novel in Chinese mythology. It is full of the death of gods. Because of the cataclysm of heaven and earth, the gods in heaven began to intervene in the war between human beings. Some gods united with human beings to attack other gods and human beings. The story is huge. Unfortunately, I don't know the English name of this book what.

In this story, the gods also have selfish desires and evil thoughts. There are two ways to ******* a God: A, let another god ******* him; B, make yourself a God, and then ******* him.

First, demonstrations are not an "American" thing -- we protest here a lot less than other countries. France is the best at protesting maybe.

Second, I can think of a few very famous street demonstrations in China --

• The famous student uprising at Tianenmen Square that was put down using the military with serious loss of life
  • The current protests in Hong Kong that are not quite as brutally put down, but which are being stopped with liberal use of *******
  • The protests between the Han people and local natives in Tibet (with protesting and some violence from both sides)
I don't think it's fair to say they're "meaningless", and they do still happen in China even under risk of violence or ******* from the state.
I don't know how to say it in English. There are two incidents in Tiananmen Square. One is the people's movement to overthrow the gang of four and end the cultural revolution. We call it the May Fourth Movement. The result of this movement was the collapse of the gang of four and Deng Xiaoping grasped the oars of China.

I guess you're talking about another incident. Chinese college students were incited by Taiwan spies to fight violently in Tiananmen Square. I know this. My family lived in Xuanwumen at that time, not far from Tiananmen Square.

At the beginning of the incident, those college students robbed a lot of guns and ammunition, shot soldiers and police, even tied them up, hung them on street lamps, poured gasoline and then lit them.

Have you ever seen what people look like when they are burned alive? In that incident, I saw a soldier who was burned to death in a street lamp and a policeman who was burned to death in a car.

Those righteous college students praised by western people have made me have a nightmare for half a year.

They're not human anymore. They're beasts.

At the end of the incident, I was not sure what had happened. We hid at home and knew it was over on TV.

You say those college students are just. I think they are just impulsive idiots instigated by Taiwan spies. No Chinese will sympathize with them.

I haven't heard of any protests in Tibet. Only the Dalai Lama, the slave owner who fled abroad, is playing the role of a clown. He wants to restore slavery to Tibet. He can do nothing. If he dares to appear in Tibet, even if the Communist Party does not arrest him, Tibetan civilians will ******* him.

There are East Turkistan terrorists supported by Turkey in Xinjiang. Turkey has always wanted Xinjiang, and I don't think they can get anything.

The protest in Hong Kong is simply that some people want to remain in power, so they use the support of Britain and the United States to carry out riots. However, it is meaningless. Hong Kong's sovereignty is in the hands of China. How can they compete with a country for power?

It's just a bunch of idiots who want to control power.
Do you think that no other governments bother to solve problems or hold people accountable for them? China's secret to a stable government is trying this new idea nobody had ever thought of before -- "solve problems"? If only any government in human history had every tried to solve a problem. Alas.

This is so patronizing.
I don't mean how great the Communist Party is. I just want to tell you that the Chinese have a tradition of uprising. If the Communist Party fails to do well, this is the end of it. So I will say that the Communist Party is not great, they are just afraid.

So far, the Communist Party of China has done a good job with high support rate.

This is so patronizing?

No, I don't mean that. I'm just shocked by the performance of the U.S. government. When the virus is rampant and racial discrimination is rampant, they are still busy with political correctness, political interests and votes. Don't they see that the virus is killing people? Don't they see discrimination against minorities? Don't they know they should save lives?

Apathy, that's what I think of American politicians. I'm not mocking you. I'm just shocked by the behavior of American politicians.

I don't know what this means. We elect leaders, so by design they're supposed to represent the people they were chosen by. That's not always perfect because democracy isn't perfect, but I'm not sure that letting some guys in a small club decide everything for me without giving me any say is going to turn out well for me.
Remember the example of surgery I listed earlier?

That example fully illustrates the nature of elections, as long as you find your place.

Last edited:
ridgelynfan,
I smiled when I read the words above.
As a teacher, I've learned not to argue with ******* when they say certain things.
China began to return to work partly in March and fully in May, with GDP rising from - 6.8% to 3.2%. Domestic viruses have been eliminated, and only foreign countries sometimes bring in viruses, but there is no possibility of their spread.

How far has the virus spread in the United States? How many people died? Can you still laugh?

I don't want to stimulate your mood. I just don't think it's time to laugh.

Wow Taiwan must be super rich to be able to pay those millions of students to protest in 1989.

How can you compete with such a rich and well-organized country? Taiwan is going to eat your lunch.

Wow Taiwan must be super rich to be able to pay those millions of students to protest in 1989.

How can you compete with such a rich and well-organized country? Taiwan is going to eat your lunch.
At that time, Taiwan was really richer than China. At that time, China was very poor and was still under economic blockade.

It was only after the millennium that China's economy began to rise rapidly.

How far has the virus spread in the United States? How many people died? Can you still laugh?
I don't want to stimulate your mood. I just don't think it's time to laugh.
Most citizens are well aware of the seriousness of the covid-19 now and we're definitely NOT laughing. Even the US Senate (Republican controlled) are starting to break ranks with the President. US owns close to 1/4th of ALL world coviod-19 viruses and deaths now; we had over 1,000 covid-19 deaths just YESTERDAY (21st). Yet the President & his administration have YET to address the seriousness of, and/or provided a plan, to stop the virus. They continue treating covid-19 as a common flu virus. They're wanting to ******* schools to re-open, and businesses to run as normal even as the covid-19 gets bigger and is more devastating to the citizens. All this from a President who admires the authoritarian Russian president more than he values his own country. The only hope the US has right now is to hope an effective vaccine is created BEFORE the holiday season gets here in mid-November.

In this story, the gods also have selfish desires and evil thoughts. There are two ways to ******* a God: A, let another god ******* him; B, make yourself a God, and then ******* him.

I know what "封神榜" is!

(At least, I know what the related anime Houshin Engi, 封神演義, is.)

Houshin Engi was one of the first animes that I ever watched subtitled. Back then I was in grad school so I had the benefit of all the Asian studies majors and grad students to do a lot of explaining.

But frankly, even with all that, it was still very much a ‘WTF’ experience. Seriously, I was trying to understand this culture, and I had lots of help, but I still wound up feeling very confused.

My guess is that the source Chinese material was probably incoherent to begin with since these are the legends of different tribes along the Yellow River, and then the Japanese made it even more incoherent because it wasn’t their culture to begin with, and for me to try and understand this is plain impossible.

I find it very interesting to talk to you. Sometimes you sound so sensible and well informed. Sometimes I’m just going, WTF. The Dalai Lama is a slave owning clown? Turkey is going to march all the way across Central Asia to make Xinjiang an Ottoman Vilayet? Did I just swallow a red pill or blue pill?

Sorry if this ruffles any feathers @MacNfries and maybe @ridgelyfan . I only bring this up as @Angelyn is wise as well as @guimoyingji and they both have direct knowledge of China. With both of your deep understanding of China's history and how it is today would you suspect this projected vision of the future to be prophetic or doubtful? :unsure:

Last edited:
I have NO CLUE what you're talking about, STIFF ... "as usual".
Good @MacNfries. Lately, I suspected I was enraging you and I wanted to ask these experts of Chinese culture about the video above. Because of its political nature, I feared you might have misgivings so I had to clarify especially seeing you on this thread too. 🤗🏳

Back