Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a THIRD TIME ... no one's blaming the Orange Prez FOR the pandemic. They're blaming him for the lack of response, preparedness, and a PLAN for handling the pandemic. Anything the real professional doctors & scientists recommend, Trump disagrees with. AGAIN, your ORANGE PREZ only cares about his poll numbers and the economy ... the lives of the citizens aren't important to him. Of course you really know this but you're brainwashed into thinking Trump cares about you. He keeps lying saying plenty of testing is going on ... false ... only 3% of the population has been tested, and we're into our 1st 6 months of ths virus. Funny, how no testing going on in the White House until someone came down with the virus, NOW they are tested every day. Trump's using this pandemic to his advantage ... most non-Trumptards KNOW THIS by now.
As far as controlling the pandemic, many countries are already controlling it; if fact, the USA is doing the worst job simply because Trump & his temporary "help" he's hired don't know WHAT to do but belittle anyone that disagrees with Trump.
blkdlaur, you keep trying to twist the REAL ISSUES to make it sound like TRUMP is being picked on; he's a bad, fucking President is why the majority want him GONE before he kills ALL OF US with his stupidity.

I disagree completely - TDS rules your point of view - no matter what President Trump does as far as you guys are concerned will be wrong. If it was a Dem in there doing the SAME things you and the media would be cheering for everything they did.

Chump losing friends?

Rory McIlroy Says He Won't Play Golf With President Trump Again

Rory McIlroy says he wouldn’t play golf again with President Donald Trump and doubts he would even be invited after questioning his leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic.

McIlroy did an hour-plus interview for the McKellar Journal podcast in which he was asked whether he regretted the February 2017 round with Trump because of criticism on social media.

“I haven’t done it since ... out of choice
,” McIlroy said.

McIlroy, the No. 1 player in the world, said three years ago he played with Trump out of respect for the office. He said on the podcast he enjoyed his day at Trump International in West Palm Beach, Florida. He says Trump was charismatic, personable and treated everyone well, from the players in the group to the workers in the cart barn.

“So I will sit here and say that day I had with him I enjoyed,” McIlroy said. “But that doesn’t mean I agree with everything — or, in fact, anything — that he says.”

McIlroy continued, unprompted, by saying Trump has tried to politicize the pandemic, using as an example Trump claiming the U.S. has administered the most tests for the new coronavirus than any other nation.

“Like it’s a contest,” McIlroy said. “There’s some stuff that just is terrible. It’s not the way a leader should act. There is a bit of diplomacy that you need to show, and I just don’t think he’s showing that, especially in these times.”

The hosts, Scottish golf journalists Lawrence Donegan and John Huggan, asked McIlroy if he would play with Trump again.

“I don’t know if he’d want to play with me again after what I just said,” McIlroy said. “I know it’s very self-serving of me to say ‘No,’ and if I don’t, then it means I’m not putting myself in position to be under scrutiny and that I’m avoiding that.

“But no, I wouldn’t.”

McIlroy returns to television on Sunday by teaming with Dustin Johnson in a Skins match against Rickie Fowler and Matthew Wolff, an exhibition designed to raise upward of $4 million for COVID-19 relief funds.

Golf-World No. 1 McIlroy slams Trump for coronavirus ...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health...
May 15, 2020 · NEW YORK (Reuters) - Four-time major champion Rory McIlroy criticized U.S. President Donald Trump for his response to the coronavirus outbreak, and said it …

Rory McIlroy not happy with President Trump's handling of ...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/rory-mcilroy...
McIlroy defended his decision on a recent McKellar Golf Podcast and also criticized Trump for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States.

wheels coming off the trump train!

once again....chump come in a distant second

Fact-checking Trump’s attacks on Obama and Biden’s swine ...
Biden was not in charge of the Obama administration’s H1N1 response. A Gallup poll in February — before any coronavirus deaths in the United States — showed that 77% of respondents had confidence in the administration’s handling of the outbreak.

How is Trump handling the coronavirus? Poll shows support ...
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/how-is...
Mar 10, 2020 · In a Quinnipiac University poll released Monday, U.S. voters disapproved of the way Trump was handling the response to the virus, 49% to 43%.

I disagree completely - TDS rules your point of view - no matter what President Trump does as far as you guys are concerned will be wrong. If it was a Dem in there doing the SAME things you and the media would be cheering for everything they did.

ever think that a lot of people just don't like Russian spies
or corrupt politicians.....
thieves.…...
people who would steal money from children cancer funds
who has a double standard on everything...do as I say not as I do....

the lies……...and to much to list

normal people anyway...….there are always those with...….?????like I said when Nixon left office he had close to what trump has in approval...………..just shows the crazies in this country

Yeah and every other country in the world “controlled” it so well. Once those things get started there is NO real control - only mitigation.
Had the Orange Orangutan taken things seriously back in January, probably 2/3 of the 88,000+ covid 19 deaths would STILL be alive. Funny, how he's taking it seriously in the White House now, isn't he? Based on the prediction & numbers, we'll reach 100,000 deaths by June 1st ... leading the world in deaths, contagions, etc .... and you still think the Orange Orangutan hasn't done anything wrong. You're as bad if not worse as him. It'd be funny if he said cutting your dick off would make you rich ... lol You'd snip that little thing right off, wouldn't ya? Idiots!

Last edited:
For a THIRD TIME ... no one's blaming the Orange Prez FOR the pandemic. They're blaming him for the lack of response, preparedness, and a PLAN for handling the pandemic Anything the real professional doctors & scientists recommend, Trump disagrees with. AGAIN, your ORANGE PREZ only cares about his poll numbers and the economy ... the lives of the citizens aren't important to him. Of course you really know this but you're brainwashed into thinking Trump cares about you. He keeps lying saying plenty of testing is going on ... false ... only 3% of the population has been tested, and we're into our 1st 6 months of ths virus. Funny, how no testing going on in the White House until someone came down with the virus, NOW they are tested every day. Trump's using this pandemic to his advantage ... most non-Trumptards KNOW THIS by now.
As far as controlling the pandemic, many countries are already controlling it; if fact, the USA is doing the worst job simply because Trump & his temporary "help" he's hired don't know WHAT to do but belittle anyone that disagrees with Trump.
blkdlaur, you keep trying to twist the REAL ISSUES to make it sound like TRUMP is being picked on; he's a bad, fucking President is why the majority want him GONE before he kills ALL OF US with his stupidity.

First off, anyone that continues to blame President Trump or any other world leader for one single death because of this pandemic is ignorant, period. Putting out a post like you do or a 1000 posts like Subhub does , in italics, color changes or bold font does not make it true. I have failed to come across one person in our daily lives who is ignorant for blaming him for the lack of response, preparedness, and a plan for handling the pandemic. This coronavirus has no cure in the form of a vaccine and you say anything the real professional doctors & scientists recommend, Trump disagrees with them. Really ? All of them, or is it possible that many of them disagree with each other so a choice of action must be made ? If he cares about his poll numbers and the economy as much as you claim, that would be suicide to his reelection bid. So you know Donald Trump personally so well that you can testify under oath that the lives of the citizens aren't important to him? Most Trump supporters are not brainwashed into thinking Trump cares about us we have no proof that he doesn't but you Democrats are falsely convincing yourselves what is in his brain. Testing is not a cure, it is a tool to separate those infected from the people that are not infected. Of the 100,000 people tested today say 200 test positive, does that mean in the next 14 days no one in that tested group will prove infected?

Who knows that the White House wasn't testing until someone came down with the virus, so now of course they are tested every day. It is the leadership of the United States, they also have Secret Service as well. We must protect this leadership just like the armed forces protect the Generals. Many countries are controlling the virus and the USA is doing the worst job, really, maybe since they also have no cure this virus is running it's course or maybe they are not packed together in cities holding millions of people packed together so tightly.

Blkdlaur does not keep trying to twist anything to make it sound like President Trump is being picked on because he has been falsely accused of wrong doing since day one. He has been a great President, if you think the majority want him gone because you say he is stupid and he is killing any of us, you are being deceived by the bias news media or your own hatred and closed minded attitude accepting real truth. I will vote for Trump and poor lousing Trump haters will not change that fact.

would not expect anything less from a trump corruptee..

DeVos Funnels Coronavirus Relief Funds to Favored Private and Religious Schools

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is using the $2 trillion coronavirus stabilization law to throw a lifeline to education sectors she has long championed, directing millions of federal dollars intended primarily for public schools and colleges to private and religious schools.

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, signed in late March, included $30 billion for education institutions turned upside down by the pandemic shutdowns, about $14 billion for higher education, $13.5 billion to elementary and secondary schools, and the rest for state governments.

Ms. DeVos has used $180 million of those dollars to encourage states to create “microgrants” that parents of elementary and secondary school students can use to pay for educational services, including private school tuition. She has directed school districts to share millions of dollars designated for low-income students with wealthy private schools.

And she has nearly depleted the 2.5 percent of higher education funding, about $350 million, set aside for struggling colleges to bolster small colleges — many of them private, religious or on the margins of higher education — regardless of need. The Wright Graduate University for the Realization of Human Potential, a private college in Wisconsin that has a website debunking claims that it is a cult, received about $495,000.

Bergin University of Canine Studies in California said its $472,850 allocation was a “godsend.”

“I think we are one of the most important educational institutions out there right now,” said its founder, Bonnie Bergin, who is credited with inventing the service dog.

House Democrats included language in a stimulus bill set for a vote on Friday that would limit Ms. DeVos’s ability to use about $58 billion in additional education relief for K-12 school districts for private schools. Congress has largely rejected Ms. DeVos’s proposals to create programs that resemble private school vouchers, and public education groups say Ms. DeVos is abusing discretion granted to her under the emergency legislation to achieve a long-held agenda.

All you post is total garbage, I am going to say this one time, I could care less what you leftist say, some of you might be more educated then I am, but I am positive that I am more intelligent then most Democrats.

Had the Orange Orangutan taken things seriously back in January, probably 2/3 of the 88,000+ covid 19 deaths would STILL be alive. Funny, how he's taking it seriously in the White House now, isn't he? Based on the prediction & numbers, we'll reach 100,000 deaths by June 1st ... leading the world in deaths, contagions, etc .... and you still think the Orange Orangutan hasn't done anything wrong. You're as bad if not worse as him. It'd be funny if he said cutting your dick off would make you rich ... lol You'd snip that little thing right off, wouldn't ya? Idiots!

:oops:

Nope - got plenty a money

Kinda grown attached to me dick ;}

All you post is total garbage, I am going to say this one time, I could care less what you leftist say, some of you might be more educated then I am, but I am positive that I am more intelligent then most Democrats.

ONE TIME?.....add counting to the list of shortcomings

not saying you are not educated...….you just have bad luck when it comes to thinking....because you listen to all that right wing bullshit without giving it any thought

hottobe friend still a killer at work...…...and yes it is true

Study: COVID-19 now spreading fastest in small, rural counties

( now hitting republican strong holds....see how this goes over)

The coronavirus pandemic is spreading out from urban centers and increasingly infecting residents in small rural counties, even as some of those areas begin to loosen lockdown requirements aimed at stopping its spread

A new analysis shows nearly three-quarters of Americans live in counties where the virus is now spreading widely. Another 200 counties have seen significant growth in infection trends in the last week, making them high-prevalence counties - areas where the virus has infected at least one in a thousand people

Like ripples in a pond, the virus is radiating out from its epicenters in large cities.

An outbreak that started in New York City spread first to New Jersey and Connecticut, then south to Philadelphia, and now to upstate counties in New York like Hamilton and Essex and smaller Pennsylvania counties like Lycoming and Wyoming.

What began as an outbreak in New Orleans has spread across the Deep South, recently arriving in northeast Arkansas, southwest Tennessee and much of Alabama. Hot spots in Detroit and its suburbs are migrating west to the shores of Lake Michigan.

"Most of these counties are small rural counties," said William Frey, the Brookings Institution demographer who conducted the analysis. "Very very few are what you would call inner city counties or inner suburb counties."

At the same time rural areas are beginning to see their first real flare-ups of coronavirus, case curves are bending down in some of the areas that were the first to be hit. The number of cases in states like Iowa, Arkansas, Minnesota, South Dakota and Virginia are still substantially lower than early epicenters like New York, Massachusetts and New Jersey, but they are growing at a faster rate.

By the end of March, 83 percent of counties where the coronavirus was highly prevalent were in the Northeast
. But for the last five consecutive weeks, the majority of counties newly falling into the highly prevalent category have been in Southern and Western states. This week, Alabama, Texas and North Carolina have all experienced their highest numbers of confirmed cases.

In the last week, Midwestern areas have made up their highest share of newly prevalent counties to date. Almost a third of all counties that are now highly prevalent are in Midwestern states, as parts of Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois and Indiana suffer new outbreaks. Illinois on Tuesday registered 4,045 new confirmed cases, its worst single day so far.

Epidemiologists say the pattern is similar to what they would expect to see during a typical flu season, when a virus lands first in a densely populated area before radiating out to neighboring regions.

"The first wave is in big cities and it travels outwards from there. Isolated rural areas are hit later. This pattern is largely based on the connectivity of populations through human movement," said Nita Bharti, a biologist at Penn State University's Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics.

The slower spread in rural areas may become its own problem: Those counties tend to have smaller health care systems that could become more easily overwhelmed if they are hit with a crush of cases.

As more and more states take their first ginger steps toward reopening businesses, some scientists are worried that the increasingly political lens through which people view the coronavirus will discourage those most at risk of suffering the worst consequences from taking the steps they need to protect themselves.

Small but increasingly vocal protests against the economic lockdowns, fueled by a mix of conservative and gun rights activists and anti-vaccination proponents, illustrate the growing disconnect between the urban counties hit hard by the first wave and more rural areas where people have seen little or no evidence that the virus that has wrought so much economic devastation is present in their communities

As President Trump encourages states to reopen their economies, areas where his supporters are more likely to live are now experiencing their first brush with coronavirus cases. The counties that were first hit were some of the bluest in the nation. By the end of March, the counties with high prevalence transmission had given Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton 62 percent of the vote in 2016

But in the last several weeks, the counties that have been newly hit by the virus are areas Trump is more likely to have won; in the last week, counties where the virus was newly highly prevalent gave Trump 49.7 percent of the vote, compared to 43.8 percent for Clinton.

"This becomes a big problem right now, when states are lifting regulations and behavioral interventions," Bharti said. "There are a lot of important heterogeneities within states and counties that determine the trajectory of epidemics, so state-wide or even county-wide easing of restrictions will lead to problematic outbreaks in under-resourced rural areas."

the death count is not as high as he wants

Growing friction between White House, CDC hobbles pandemic response

The meager guidelines for safely reopening the country released this week are the latest sign of the Trump administration’s efforts to sideline the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the increasing tension between the White House and the world-renowned public health agency.

With Americans waiting for expert advice on how to resume a semblance of normal life during the pandemic, the CDC released just six short “decision treesThursday while the rest of its lengthy proposal remains under review at the White House, where it has been for weeks

Instead of assuming its traditional lead role in a public health crisis, the 74-year-old agency has become just one of many voices providing often contradictory instructions to a confused and imperiled public.

“Punishing the agency by marginalizing and hobbling it is not the solution,” the venerable British medical journal The Lancet noted Friday in a stinging editorial that called the U.S. response “inconsistent and incoherent.”

“Only a steadfast reliance on basic public health principles, like test, trace, and isolate, will see the emergency brought to an end, and this requires an effective national public health agency.”

Increased friction between the White House and the CDC was predictable as President Trump, who often takes a dim view of scientific expertise, campaigns to revive the moribund economy.

But White House officials also said they are frustrated by what they consider the agency’s balky flow of data and information, the leak of an early version of the CDC’s reopening recommendations and the agency’s crucial early failure to create and roll out a test for the virus, according to three administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal disagreements.

Last month, the government awarded an unusual $10.2 million contract to a Pittsburgh information technology company, TeleTracking Technologies, to collect data on available hospital beds, hospital capacity, covid-19 patients and deaths caused by the coronavirus — information it already receives from the CDC.

The White House-led task ******* also is sparring with public health experts, both inside and outside the CDC, about whether covid-19 death counts collected and disseminated by the CDC are inflated

Some in the White House, including coronavirus task ******* coordinator Deborah L. Birx and Trump’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows, have begun to take aim at the leadership and communication skills of the CDC’s director, Robert Redfield.

“We should be thought partners,” one official said. “The CDC is not fulfilling requests, they’re not collaborating and they’re disorganized. They’re not speaking with one voice.”

One senior administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss these problems, said the soft-spoken, deeply religious Redfield has few allies in the rough-and- tumble internal politics of the Trump administration. During a task-******* meeting last week, he apologized for the leak of the reopening recommendations from his agency, an earnest gesture seen by others as a sign of weakness.

“He just has no power over his agency. He has no loyal politicals. He is a man on an island,” that person said.

Redfield did himself no favors with Trump’s inner circle when he told The Washington Post April 21 that a second wave of covid-19 disease this winter could be more challenging than the first because it will coincide with flu season. Redfield was ****** to appear at a White House briefing that day to soften his remarks, after Trump surprised the agency by publicly demanding a new statement.

A spokeswoman for the CDC declined to answer questions for this story. Most officials who agreed to discuss the tensions between the White House and the agency asked for anonymity to address sensitive relations between government agencies.

Trump spokesman Judd Deere said “the White House and CDC have been working together in partnership since the very beginning of this pandemic to carry out the President’s highest priority: the health and safety of the American public. The CDC is the nation’s trusted health protection agency and its infectious disease and public health experts have helped deliver critical solutions throughout this pandemic to save lives.

“We encourage all Americans to continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines as state and local leaders implement the president’s data-driven phased approach to responsibly opening up America.”

In task ******* meetings, however, Birx has questioned whether the CDC death count is inflated. In early April, the agency revised its methodology to include deaths probably attributable to covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, along with fatalities confirmed by laboratory tests. Supporters of the president have publicly expressed the same doubts.

During a task ******* meeting early this month, a heated discussion broke out between Birx and Redfield over the CDC’s system for tracking virus data, according to four people present for the discussion or later briefed on it.

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,” Birx said, according to two of the people.

Experts such as Anthony S. Fauci, the task *******’s top infectious disease specialist, have said the number of covid-19 fatalities is likely undercounted.

Fauci took that position publicly at a Senate hearing Tuesday. Asked by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) about whether the official death toll — listed at more than 85,000 Friday — was 50 percent too low, Fauci said: “I’m not sure, Senator Sanders, if it’s going to be 50 percent higher. But most of us feel that the number of deaths are likely higher than that number.”

In an interview, Robert Anderson, chief of the mortality statistics branch at the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics, said he is also confident the number of U.S. covid-19 deaths is undercounted

“I think the evidence points to the fact that we’re underestimating rather than overestimating,” said Anderson, whose agency is part of the CDC. “The system is designed to collect data on causes of death, not on whatever condition the person might have had.”

As recently as April 7, Birx herself took an expansive position on counting covid-19 deaths. At a White House briefing, she said anyone who tests positive for covid-19 and dies should be counted as a covid-19 death, regardless of whether he or she had underlying conditions.

“The intent is, right now, that … if someone dies with covid-19, we are counting that as a covid-19 death,” she said.

The strain between the White House and the CDC was noted Friday by the venerable British medical journal The Lancet, which wrote in an editorial that “punishing the agency by marginalizing and hobbling it is not the solution …

“Only a steadfast reliance on basic public health principles, like test, trace, and isolate, will see the emergency brought to an end, and this requires an effective national public health agency.”

The agency was sidelined soon after Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, warned the public Feb. 25 that the virus could soon change everyday life dramatically. The stock market plummeted on her remarks, enraging the president as he returned from a trip to India, several senior administration officials have said.

Messonnier, who had played a leading role until then, was moved off the response, sending a chill through the agency, three current and former officials said. The next day, Trump named Vice President Pence head of the task *******, replacing Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, whose agency oversees the CDC.

The CDC, which has not held a briefing since early March, has repeatedly asked the White House to resume its sessions for the media, according to two senior administration officials, but has not received permission, and has finally given up.

The White House also pushed back when the CDC recommended that all Americans wear face masks when they go out in public. Aides to Vice President Mike Pence were particularly resistant, only wanting to demand masks in “hot spot” areas. Trump undermined the advice when he announced it, saying he would not comply.

More conflict has accompanied the White House’s delay in moving on the detailed CDC recommendations that describe how houses of worship, schools, day care facilities and other places might safely reopen. Top officials viewed those guidelines as overly prescriptive and many of them were challenged during a robust editing process that involved the taskforce, the Office of Management and Budget and the Domestic Policy Council.

Now, as Trump has promised a reignited economy heading into the November election, the CDC is in the awkward position of producing the information Trump wants least — the reminder that the covid-19 death rate has plateaued at nearly 2,000 per day.

The government may be pursuing other ways to collect information through its contract with TeleTracking, which has not previously been reported.

On March 29, Vice President Pence wrote hospital administrators across the country, instructing them to file daily reports on the spread of covid-19 to the CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network, which collects information on health care-associated infections and other issues.

The network’s website has two new “modules” that hospitals and long-term care facilities such as nursing homes can use to report critical information about patients, staffing and beds. The section for long-term care facilities also offers a spot for reporting on supplies and personal protective equipment.

“The data we are now asking you to report is necessary in monitoring the spread of severe covid-19 illness and death, as well as the impact to hospitals,” Pence wrote

But on April 6, public records show, the government hired TeleTracking to do some of the same things. The $10.2 million, six-month contract, which was not competitively bid, requires the company to set up a “covid-19 rapid deployment plan for real-time healthcare system capacity reporting,” according to a copy of the contract listed on the Federal Procurement Data System website.

The company was hired by the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, part of the Department of Health and Human Services.

On April 10, Azar wrote to hospital administrators again, offering them several options for reporting daily information: via TeleTracking, through the CDC site, straight to HHS through an IT vendor or by publishing it on the hospital’s website.

“The completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the data will inform the covid-19 task ******* decisions on capacity and resource needs to ensure a fully coordinated effort across America,” Azar wrote.

bottom line...….this guy does not believe in science...does everything by gut instincts....and we are fucked as the body count continues to rise because of his fucking ego

Last edited:

The COVID-19 pandemic continues to worsen in the USA with 1·3 million cases and an estimated death toll of 80 684 as of May 12. States that were initially the hardest hit, such as New York and New Jersey, have decelerated the rate of infections and deaths after the implementation of 2 months of lockdown. However, the emergence of new outbreaks in Minnesota, where the stay-at-home order is set to lift in mid-May, and Iowa, which did not enact any restrictions on movement or commerce, has prompted pointed new questions about the inconsistent and incoherent national response to the COVID-19 crisis.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the flagship agency for the nation's public health, has seen its role minimised and become an ineffective and nominal adviser in the response to contain the spread of the virus. The strained relationship between the CDC and the federal government was further laid bare when, according to The Washington Post, Deborah Birx, the head of the US COVID-19 Task ******* and a former director of the CDC's Global HIV/AIDS Division, cast doubt on the CDC's COVID-19 mortality and case data by reportedly saying: “There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust”. This is an unhelpful statement, but also a shocking indictment of an agency that was once regarded as the gold standard for global disease detection and control. How did an agency that was the first point of contact for many national health authorities facing a public health threat become so ill-prepared to protect the public's health?

In the decades following its founding in 1946, the CDC became a national pillar of public health and globally respected. It trained cadres of applied epidemiologists to be deployed in the USA and abroad. CDC scientists have helped to discover new viruses and develop accurate tests for them. CDC support was instrumental in helping WHO to eradicate smallpox. However, funding to the CDC for a long time has been subject to conservative politics that have increasingly eroded the agency's ability to mount effective, evidence-based public health responses. In the 1980s, the Reagan administration resisted providing the sufficient budget that the CDC needed to fight the HIV/AIDS crisis. The George W Bush administration put restrictions on global and domestic HIV prevention and reproductive health programming.

The Trump administration further chipped away at the CDC's capacity to combat infectious diseases. CDC staff in China were cut back with the last remaining CDC officer recalled home from the China CDC in July, 2019, leaving an intelligence vacuum when COVID-19 began to emerge. In a press conference on Feb 25, Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, warned US citizens to prepare for major disruptions to movement and everyday life. Messonnier subsequently no longer appeared at White House briefings on COVID-19. More recently, the Trump administration has questioned guidelines that the CDC has provided. These actions have undermined the CDC's leadership and its work during the COVID-19 pandemic.

There is no doubt that the CDC has made mistakes, especially on testing in the early stages of the pandemic. The agency was so convinced that it had contained the virus that it retained control of all diagnostic testing for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, but this was followed by the admission on Feb 12 that the CDC had developed faulty test kits. The USA is still nowhere near able to provide the basic surveillance or laboratory testing infrastructure needed to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.

But punishing the agency by marginalising and hobbling it is not the solution. The Administration is obsessed with magic bullets—vaccines, new medicines, or a hope that the virus will simply disappear. But only a steadfast reliance on basic public health principles, like test, trace, and isolate, will see the emergency brought to an end, and this requires an effective national public health agency. The CDC needs a director who can provide leadership without the threat of being silenced and who has the technical capacity to lead today's complicated effort.

The Trump administration's further erosion of the CDC will harm global cooperation in science and public health, as it is trying to do by defunding WHO. A strong CDC is needed to respond to public health threats, both domestic and international, and to help prevent the next inevitable pandemic. Americans must put a president in the White House come January, 2021, who will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics

turns out one man is above the law and proves it daily....how far will he go to get everything he wants....for himself...…….. not america

Inspector general Steve Linick ousted, Mike Pence ally to ...
https://www.businessinsider.com/inspector-general...
Inspector General Steve Linick was ousted on Friday night, Politico reported. Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Rep. Eliot Engel claims Linick was fired after launching a probe in...

State Department Inspector General Steve Linick fired ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/16/...
May 16, 2020 · State Department Inspector General Steve Linick was fired Friday in a late-night ouster that drew condemnations from Democrats, with House …

Trump Ousts State Department Watchdog Tangled in Ukraine ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-16/...
5 hours ago · President Donald Trump moved to replace State Department Inspector General Steve Linick, an Obama administration appointee who featured briefly in …

guess maybe the bleach is better....killer at work

******* promoted by Trump as coronavirus ‘game changer’ increasingly linked to deaths

For two months, President Trump repeatedly pitched hydroxychloroquine as a safe and effective treatment for coronavirus, asking would-be patients “What the hell do you have to lose?”

Growing evidence shows that, for many, the answer is their lives

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ingly-linked-to-deaths/ar-BB149p3m?ocid=ientp

the death count is not as high as he wants

Growing friction between White House, CDC hobbles pandemic response

The meager guidelines for safely reopening the country released this week are the latest sign of the Trump administration’s efforts to sideline the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the increasing tension between the White House and the world-renowned public health agency.

With Americans waiting for expert advice on how to resume a semblance of normal life during the pandemic, the CDC released just six short “decision treesThursday while the rest of its lengthy proposal remains under review at the White House, where it has been for weeks

Instead of assuming its traditional lead role in a public health crisis, the 74-year-old agency has become just one of many voices providing often contradictory instructions to a confused and imperiled public.

“Punishing the agency by marginalizing and hobbling it is not the solution,” the venerable British medical journal The Lancet noted Friday in a stinging editorial that called the U.S. response “inconsistent and incoherent.”

Increased friction between the White House and the CDC was predictable as President Trump, who often takes a dim view of scientific expertise, campaigns to revive the moribund economy.

But White House officials also said they are frustrated by what they consider the agency’s balky flow of data and information, the leak of an early version of the CDC’s reopening recommendations and the agency’s crucial early failure to create and roll out a test for the virus, according to three administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal disagreements.

Last month, the government awarded an unusual $10.2 million contract to a Pittsburgh information technology company, TeleTracking Technologies, to collect data on available hospital beds, hospital capacity, covid-19 patients and deaths caused by the coronavirus — information it already receives from the CDC.

The White House-led task ******* also is sparring with public health experts, both inside and outside the CDC, about whether covid-19 death counts collected and disseminated by the CDC are inflated

Some in the White House, including coronavirus task ******* coordinator Deborah L. Birx and Trump’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows, have begun to take aim at the leadership and communication skills of the CDC’s director, Robert Redfield.

“We should be thought partners,” one official said. “The CDC is not fulfilling requests, they’re not collaborating and they’re disorganized. They’re not speaking with one voice.”

One senior administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss these problems, said the soft-spoken, deeply religious Redfield has few allies in the rough-and- tumble internal politics of the Trump administration. During a task-******* meeting last week, he apologized for the leak of the reopening recommendations from his agency, an earnest gesture seen by others as a sign of weakness.

“He just has no power over his agency. He has no loyal politicals. He is a man on an island,” that person said.

Redfield did himself no favors with Trump’s inner circle when he told The Washington Post April 21 that a second wave of covid-19 disease this winter could be more challenging than the first because it will coincide with flu season. Redfield was ****** to appear at a White House briefing that day to soften his remarks, after Trump surprised the agency by publicly demanding a new statement.

A spokeswoman for the CDC declined to answer questions for this story. Most officials who agreed to discuss the tensions between the White House and the agency asked for anonymity to address sensitive relations between government agencies.

Trump spokesman Judd Deere said “the White House and CDC have been working together in partnership since the very beginning of this pandemic to carry out the President’s highest priority: the health and safety of the American public. The CDC is the nation’s trusted health protection agency and its infectious disease and public health experts have helped deliver critical solutions throughout this pandemic to save lives.

“We encourage all Americans to continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines as state and local leaders implement the president’s data-driven phased approach to responsibly opening up America.”

In task ******* meetings, however, Birx has questioned whether the CDC death count is inflated. In early April, the agency revised its methodology to include deaths probably attributable to covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, along with fatalities confirmed by laboratory tests. Supporters of the president have publicly expressed the same doubts.

During a task ******* meeting early this month, a heated discussion broke out between Birx and Redfield over the CDC’s system for tracking virus data, according to four people present for the discussion or later briefed on it.

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,” Birx said, according to two of the people.

Experts such as Anthony S. Fauci, the task *******’s top infectious disease specialist, have said the number of covid-19 fatalities is likely undercounted.

Fauci took that position publicly at a Senate hearing Tuesday. Asked by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) about whether the official death toll — listed at more than 85,000 Friday — was 50 percent too low, Fauci said: “I’m not sure, Senator Sanders, if it’s going to be 50 percent higher. But most of us feel that the number of deaths are likely higher than that number.”

In an interview, Robert Anderson, chief of the mortality statistics branch at the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics, said he is also confident the number of U.S. covid-19 deaths is undercounted

“I think the evidence points to the fact that we’re underestimating rather than overestimating,” said Anderson, whose agency is part of the CDC. “The system is designed to collect data on causes of death, not on whatever condition the person might have had.”

As recently as April 7, Birx herself took an expansive position on counting covid-19 deaths. At a White House briefing, she said anyone who tests positive for covid-19 and dies should be counted as a covid-19 death, regardless of whether he or she had underlying conditions.

“The intent is, right now, that … if someone dies with covid-19, we are counting that as a covid-19 death,” she said.

The strain between the White House and the CDC was noted Friday by the venerable British medical journal The Lancet, which wrote in an editorial that “punishing the agency by marginalizing and hobbling it is not the solution …

The agency was sidelined soon after Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, warned the public Feb. 25 that the virus could soon change everyday life dramatically. The stock market plummeted on her remarks, enraging the president as he returned from a trip to India, several senior administration officials have said.

Messonnier, who had played a leading role until then, was moved off the response, sending a chill through the agency, three current and former officials said. The next day, Trump named Vice President Pence head of the task *******, replacing Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, whose agency oversees the CDC.

The CDC, which has not held a briefing since early March, has repeatedly asked the White House to resume its sessions for the media, according to two senior administration officials, but has not received permission, and has finally given up.

The White House also pushed back when the CDC recommended that all Americans wear face masks when they go out in public. Aides to Vice President Mike Pence were particularly resistant, only wanting to demand masks in “hot spot” areas. Trump undermined the advice when he announced it, saying he would not comply.

More conflict has accompanied the White House’s delay in moving on the detailed CDC recommendations that describe how houses of worship, schools, day care facilities and other places might safely reopen. Top officials viewed those guidelines as overly prescriptive and many of them were challenged during a robust editing process that involved the taskforce, the Office of Management and Budget and the Domestic Policy Council.

Now, as Trump has promised a reignited economy heading into the November election, the CDC is in the awkward position of producing the information Trump wants least — the reminder that the covid-19 death rate has plateaued at nearly 2,000 per day.

The government may be pursuing other ways to collect information through its contract with TeleTracking, which has not previously been reported.

On March 29, Vice President Pence wrote hospital administrators across the country, instructing them to file daily reports on the spread of covid-19 to the CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network, which collects information on health care-associated infections and other issues.

The network’s website has two new “modules” that hospitals and long-term care facilities such as nursing homes can use to report critical information about patients, staffing and beds. The section for long-term care facilities also offers a spot for reporting on supplies and personal protective equipment.

“The data we are now asking you to report is necessary in monitoring the spread of severe covid-19 illness and death, as well as the impact to hospitals,” Pence wrote

But on April 6, public records show, the government hired TeleTracking to do some of the same things. The $10.2 million, six-month contract, which was not competitively bid, requires the company to set up a “covid-19 rapid deployment plan for real-time healthcare system capacity reporting,” according to a copy of the contract listed on the Federal Procurement Data System website.

The company was hired by the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, part of the Department of Health and Human Services.

On April 10, Azar wrote to hospital administrators again, offering them several options for reporting daily information: via TeleTracking, through the CDC site, straight to HHS through an IT vendor or by publishing it on the hospital’s website.

“The completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the data will inform the covid-19 task ******* decisions on capacity and resource needs to ensure a fully coordinated effort across America,” Azar wrote.

bottom line...….this guy does not believe in science...does everything by gut instincts....and we are fucked as the body count continues to rise because of his fucking ego

You prove daily what a deluded Dem dipshite ye be.

You prove daily what a deluded Dem dipshite ye be.

Sir Dipshit to you!

and deluded would be your support for someone trying to shrink the country one way or the other....through financial means and corruption...or death....any means necessary...and you are all for it!

I'm starting to think the main reason for the wall is to keep people in...….doesn't want them leaving before he fleeces their pockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back