TRUMP is baaaaaaaaaaaack !!!!!

PLEASE!!!!
At one time R&D was funded much more by the government. We used to have these facilities called Universities. All kinds of great vaccines and modern medical conveniences came from there. The private sector took more scientists, and paid them more, and receive research grants because we don't value education over tax cuts.

NIH budget has taken a hit due to inflation, but we still put more money into basic research than any other country.

republicans love to bash science, but they do still vote to fund it (because they're not as dumb as they want to seem like they are)

here's an inflation-adjusted graph:

NIHfunding-fig2.png

that big spike in 2000-2004 was actually W. Bush making a huge push to fund biomedical research, cancer especially. dude like doubled the NIH budget

as an aside, this is the reason I went to industry. R01 grant funding rates are below 5%; tenure track in bio is super rough and has been for awhile

This is interesting. You didn't know. So you went to Wiki and rewrote EXACTLY what I wrote above the post you're answering.
"Apparently we read books here. QE is a tool of an economy that is based in monetary policy. It's an effective tool for a recession NOT for inflation. It would generate MORE and HIGHER inflation."
So your response is an, 'I know it too'.
However, the subject was inflation, not recession. And, if you don't know the difference, then you should not be in this conversation.

I went to Catholic school, and a Catholic University. Jesuits did a damn fine job with me.
Compared to your one room schoolhouse, where you clearly didn't advance.
Everything you wrote above has zero to do with the subject at hand, inflation and monetary policy.
You are faking knowledge here, it's obvious to those who understand it.

As far as education goes, just going over your messages from the last three days tell me you don't have one.
Present an argument, support your argument with research, draw a conclusion. Look at the counter points, pick each one off.
Learn how to do that, and stop barking up garbage.
You understand that monetary policy exists during inflationary periods and recessions equally? If you read the wiki, it would have told you that. Talk about conflating ******* and a straw man argument. I get why you are divorced.

In a kitchen, you have electricity, gas, water and refrigeration. Each one of those has a book on regulations on the parameters of operation. How hot can the water be? Types of pipes, bundling the electricity, auto-off switches, how much gas can flow at max, at min? Filters. Computer chips. My espresso machine alone has aspects of inspection before it goes to market. 1000s of little regulations in your kitchen, each of the major appliances as well as the smaller.
Here's a simple one for you. You ever wonder why a coffee cup doesn't explode when you pour hot coffee in it? Regulations on the appliance, as well as the manufacturing of coffee mugs.
Shall we talk about the food? Everything that's bought has to pass government inspections. Any fingers in your breakfast sausage? No. Pasteurized milk at what temp? Who decides the Grade of the eggs? The butter? The meat?
Even utensils.

Something like what?
Continue to show us you don't know what you're talking about.
All of those exact same regulations are present at a hospital in the example of health care, PLUS insurance PLUS pharmaceutical PLUS medical device....those are additive. What a dipshit.

"I am outraged that people are testing the safety of _drugs and medical equipment, and that doctors are required to be licensed! this insult will not stand!"

-m and d

I schooled you sucka. You didn't understand the connection between monetary policy and inflation, I kindly showed you. Where I come from you say "thank you" when someone helps you.

You are welcome

lol I really like this version of the forum without the likes. it strips down so much noise, and makes the people behaving like assholes stand out in a really obvious way

the real advice for someone taking care of elderly parents who is not extremely familiar with the US health care and financial systems is to talk to a goddamn professional.

do your parents qualify for medicare advantage? are they using all their benefits? are you familiar with benefits they're entitled to? do you have a lawyer writing up power of attorney and living will and doing estate planning?

there's about 200 private companies that administer medicare advantage plans, and they all offer different services (like free rides to treatment appointments etc)
Ridge, I wasn’t born yesterday ! I am a retired professional! Furthermore, I do my homework, meticulously.
I wouldn’t put my pups on Medicare Advantage. M.A. , every single advantage plan, is an HMO , with enough denial of coverage instances. Yes, it’s cheaper, provides hearing aids , and various other goodies , ALL on approval . My parents chose a Medicare plan that is the most comprehensive, so comprehensive, that it is no longer offered. Of course the price is rising , as the pool of people that have it, is getting smaller. ( supply vs demand ). Or as I always say, guns vs. butter. Of course they have supplemental insurance, to cover the other 20% , as Medicare only pays 80%. And of course , we have a lawyer that handled POA. When I sign anything medically required, I always write POA after my signature. Estate planning , they never required. They lived big, too big , and I’m the bail out . They’re in my home, they are my dependents, so be it. As a recovering Satmar friend of mine that always says, it is what it is, I agree with her. But thank you for the advice, it was actually very kind of you, to suggest.

PLEASE!!!!
At one time R&D was funded much more by the government. We used to have these facilities called Universities. All kinds of great vaccines and modern medical conveniences came from there. The private sector took more scientists, and paid them more, and receive research grants because we don't value education over tax cuts.
Obviously, as witnessed in CA , by prop 31.

as an aside, this is the reason I went to industry. R01 grant funding rates are below 5%; tenure track in bio is super rough and has been for awhile
And major Engineering companies, stopped offering pension plans. Although they still have a higher pay scale than our US government offers for a comparable career.

“Sidney Powell is lying by the way. I caught her. It’s insane,” Carlson wrote in one text message to Ingraham, the court filing shows.

“Sidney is a complete nut. No one will work with her. Ditto with Rudy,” Ingraham responded.

Carlson wrote back “it’s unbelievably offensive to me. Our viewers are good people and they believe it.”

On Nov. 21, Carlson texted an unidentified Fox employee that it was “shockingly reckless” of Powell to claim the election had been stolen from Trump.

Couple of things.
Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham both knew the truth, but sold the lie passionately.
Can this lead to a similar action against their Covid misinformation.

Last edited:
So, all of the Trumpers have been been suspended from the political forums.
Careful because they are DM'ing each other about their next move. (like DMs can't be read by site administrators.)
I've got a feeling that they will be trying to bait us into an action that will be reported.

I figured they'd all left to do something else, I dunno.

this is crazy:

yjx6tljjhtia1.jpg

George soros another man of jewish faith ...interesting 😅 I guess its ok to make conspiracy now huh? Funny how that works
yeah... this was odd.

going after soros for being the evil jewish man controlling the world from behind the scenes with his dragon hoard of money is more "protocols of the elders of zion" anti-semitic than I expected by a long shot

So, all of the Trumpers have been been suspended from the political forums.
Careful because they are DM'ing each other about their next move. (like DMs can't be read by site administrators.)
I've got a feeling that they will be trying to bait us into an action that will be reported.
OIP.pzvuubxcOrvVcXx2HlRx7AHaFX

What am I going to do with the jackasses I got saved up?

Back