Go Biden

And keeping it simple. As I said, just like with discrimination, all forms of censorship are not wrong. You seem to hold a view opposite to that, and I don’t agree. Quite frankly, I believe that sometimes some people need to be told to sit down 🪑 and shut the fuck up.

In fact, it’s well-established constitutional law that sometimes speech can be dangerous and therefore subject to regulation and prohibited. It’s not illegal to hate. But it is to hurt. And when the hurt crosses the line, the speech can be curtailed.

The thing is that you have to be careful because freedom of speech is guaranteed in the Constitution. Too many arrogant Americans thinks that means they can do and say whatever the hell they want. Well they can’t. Your rights end where my nose begins. Americans are always quick to assert their fucking rights, but not too quick to carry their obligations.

In any event, nothing we’re talking about here is quite that weighty. And there’s certainly no government nexus involved. Nobody here has ANY right to be heard by me or anybody else. And if I don’t want to hear their bullshit, then I or anybody else have capacity to put them on ignore . . . shut them up . . . so I don’t have to read anything they say.

That’s where Submission52 is for me. And there he shall stay.

discrimination and censorship can not be a one way street...either you have it or you don't....the censorship is an easy fix and we have laws regarding it....freedom of speech....but it is different when they incite...………..discrimination has to be taught...we make fun of the jews and the plo...they have been fighting for centuries....but is the rest of the world any different....wars have been fought over it......probably never go away......that makes the education part that much more important...it is where the discrimination...and other things (some republicans) all come into play

will agree freedom of speech ...along with several other rights have been twisted to please the last few years.....but hopefully we can get that back under control

Oh I can agree on submission....irritating to say the least....but I have the choice to either read or not and move one....respond or not and move on....but then people like ALLFOR...who fought for this country...supported whom he thought was right...and admitted he would support the next pres...pushing him out was wrong....we can not become tyrannical in this now we have won.....makes us no better than what we have fought against

bottom line...I just don't like the censorship or pushing them out.....some of these republicans maybe we can educate....others....ignore and move on...as long as they do not pose some sort of threat their talk is harmless

If you’re talking about GOVERNMENT censorship yes . . . but private citizen to private citizen is very, very different . . . and that’s recognized in the law. Who gives a ******* if I “censor” some asshole on a sex site??? NOBODY, and nobody should LOL! Keep stuff in perspective man.

won't argue that...…….but like I said earlier...if we push out all the people we do not want to hear from....that just leaves a select few.....and what do we talk about?

and I do agree that some of these "chat" sites need to be looked into as to who is talking...do they have guns...mentally stable....but we don't have that here

I go to car shows all the time with a bunch of republicans...….I think only one is rich and a real hardcore republican.....the others will give me a look and not argue when I make some statements......hopefully I am opening their eyes....I see some of these people dirt poor and yet republicans....you start in on them they have no idea....it has just been taught to them

I like to hear...and at times argue

won't argue that...…….but like I said earlier...if we push out all the people we do not want to hear from....that just leaves a select few.....and what do we talk about?

and I do agree that some of these "chat" sites need to be looked into as to who is talking...do they have guns...mentally stable....but we don't have that here

I didn’t say push them out (although sometimes I think some need to be) . . they can talk ******* until the cows come home . . . and you and whoever else can listen to them all you want to. But if I don’t want to, then I won’t. I think my position is somewhere between yours and Ed’s. I’m not as hardline as Ed, but not as liberal as you. As I’ve said many times before . . . I believe in governing from the center 😉

Last edited:
I go to car shows all the time with a bunch of republicans...….I think only one is rich and a real hardcore republican.....the others will give me a look and not argue when I make some statements......hopefully I am opening their eyes....I see some of these people dirt poor and yet republicans....you start in on them they have no idea....it has just been taught to them

I like to hear...and at times argue

I enjoy car shows and auctions too . . . but I go with people who I genuinely like . . . those would be people I’m not likely to get into a heated argument over politics with :)

I enjoy car shows and auctions too . . . but I go with people who I genuinely like . . . those would be people I’m not likely to get into a heated argument over politics with :)

In this state pretty hard to find a dem.…...but we all have a lot in common and go with that...and have agreed to not talk politics ...for the most part we all seem to know how far we can push....but when we talk cars and *******...we are all pretty much alike.....never know that some are very wealthy well 2 anyway....the rest just a little better off than me...….pretty much sums up why I don't shut the door on anyone....some just got that way from stupid parents or co-workers....and like I said I have found not all sold on the trump/republican way...…..a lot just do not know...only what they have been told....got 2 to NOT vote for trump...when no one around we will talk politics some

In this state pretty hard to find a dem.…...but we all have a lot in common and go with that...and have agreed to not talk politics ...for the most part we all seem to know how far we can push....but when we talk cars and *******...we are all pretty much alike.....never know that some are very wealthy well 2 anyway....the rest just a little better off than me...….pretty much sums up why I don't shut the door on anyone....some just got that way from stupid parents or co-workers....and like I said I have found not all sold on the trump/republican way...…..a lot just do not know...only what they have been told....got 2 to NOT vote for trump...when no one around we will talk politics some

You guys got THE TIGER KING runnin' for governor . . . WTF . . . talk about bizarre that whole story was damn :unsure:

I didn’t say push them out (although sometimes I think some need to be) . . they can talk ******* until the cows come home . . . and you and whoever else can listen to them all you want to. But if I don’t want to, then I won’t. I think my position is somewhere between yours and Ed’s. I’m not as hardline as Ed, but not as liberal as you. As I’ve said many times before . . . I believe in governing from the center 😉
I agree with this. My feeling is that 80% (arbitrary #) of us are "normal' and the 10% on the far left and far right make it nearly unbearable for the rest of us to live peacefully in the middle. The problem always, is relating to the opposing opinion/viewpoint/belief/experience etc. The definition of the terms is paramount to any reasonable resolution to a "problem"

Like the Coke brothers(Koch Industries) don't own the republican party????
Not really, not any more. You know David Koch died last year, and the other brother, Charles Koch, despised and quit supporting Trump because of his nationalism directions.
Kochs were better known with their Americans For Prosperity Foundation, aka Tea Party aka libertarian views & support. All those folks have taken a "back seat" so to speak these days after running off all the moderate Republicans with threats to remove them if they didn't support the Tea Party views. Most have been voted OUT of office now but a few still around but much, much quieter.

Last edited:
Like the Coke brothers(Koch Industries) don't own the republican party????
One of them is dead now. And they haven't been an influence since 2015. It ended when Trump won the primaries.
Haven't heard a thing about them since... except that one of the brothers died.

of the two countries id rather he be allied to china and be Poroshenko's puppet
China is trying to take over the planet. They are a bigger threat to the United States than Russia, NK, Iran, and Venezuela combined.
Don't take my word for it. Google "Gordon Chang" and look at the research he's spent his adult life doing about China.
It's downright scary.

if you just tolerate people that ******* up the discussion though, that will stifle conversation, which still silences people (it silences the people who want to have good-faith conversations and debates).

if you just tolerate people that ******* up the discussion though, that will stifle conversation, which still silences people (it silences the people who want to have good-faith conversations and debates).

like the meme said...you can read something on the internet you don't agree with and just move on...….there always has been and always will be assholes....by censoring you don't know what you missed....a lot bad...but maybe something you want to discuss....you can look to the left and see the poster....then decide if you are in the mood to respond or not...if you see others having a serious discussion about it join in...if no one is responding there is a reason for that also

there will always be assholes...….and we can not just take their rights away because they are assholes....either take what they say with a grain of salt...move on...or maybe try to educate them

people say and do stupid things....some do not know better...some are assholes...it's life

if I don't like what was said...I just read and move on to the next post

I am just not into grudges...…….that is partly what is wrong with America now
they were mad because we got Obama...and spent 8 years fucking with us....we were mad they got trump and we did what we could to get payback......now we hopefully got Biden....are we going to go through all the bullshit they gave Obama...…...or try and put the country back together.....the old turn the other cheek maybe?

You guys got THE TIGER KING runnin' for governor . . . WTF . . . talk about bizarre that whole story was damn :unsure:
tiger king running for gov...…..we got our gov. in2018 don't follow him a lot...don't like him naturally.....funny even republicans in the major cities don't like him....but he got the country vote.....you get 10 miles out of any city.....they have no idea what is going on but they are hard core republicans....to the point they are even belligerent about it...….yet have no idea what you are talking about most of the time.....that about sums up these southern red neck states

BTW they pick up right away on my talk and ask what is a Yankee doing here anyway

you know down here sometimes really hard to control your temper...….you see a trump sign in the front yard ...and they live in a school bus or an old about to fall apart mobile home....then you see they have ******* and do not know what to say....have had arguments about school teachers....and they don't feel they need more money..."for a new car ..look what I drive"....again just something they are told....even one of the guys I go to shows with asked me last summer what the social programs were

goes back to we LET the right destroy the education system in this country...well I could go on....but someone hit the nail on the head......I am a libber!......if it wasn't for my wife years ago salting away money I sent home......I would probably still be working as a mechanic for 10 bucks an hour

you know down here sometimes really hard to control your temper...….you see a trump sign in the front yard ...and they live in a school bus or an old about to fall apart mobile home....then you see they have ******* and do not know what to say....have had arguments about school teachers....and they don't feel they need more money..."for a new car ..look what I drive"....again just something they are told....even one of the guys I go to shows with asked me last summer what the social programs were

goes back to we LET the right destroy the education system in this country...well I could go on....but someone hit the nail on the head......I am a libber!......if it wasn't for my wife years ago salting away money I sent home......I would probably still be working as a mechanic for 10 bucks an hour
Would you mind me sending you a message ? Genuinely curious on you viewpoint/background you being a Yankee and such ad myself spending 4 months a year in the south. From south TX to NC. for the past 15 years

Back