What's the worst way that someone has flaked on you that you decided then and there that they just weren't worth it to try with again?

PhoenixNRowena

Couple
Gold Member
From
WA, US
I met a really cute black college guy at the supermarket. He was about 23 or so, but I don't know his exact age. He hit me up and I thought he was cute enough. I told him about my husbands and I lifestyle, he gave me his number and I told him I'd have my husband contact him. My husband texted him and pretty much told him it was cool to contact me and gave him my number.

He called and we talked, we got along well and he said he was only in town for the night, that we would meet up after he got off of work. Well 9pm came around and nothing. About 930pm I called him and it went straight to voicemail. I figured maybe his phone died and he needed to charge it. About 10pm the husband texts him to ask if we are still on for the night. We hear nothing back and the next day my husband received a notice that the message was undelivered, like his phone was off the whole time.

No message the next day telling us that his phone died, or any excuse. Nothing. At least for us, he ruined his reputation and we will never look to him to play again, even though he invited me to contact him when we were in his area when we talked on the phone.

Everyone, if you can't make it, just say so. Please don't be a flake that ruins your reputation, people talk and people will remember you.

I met a really cute black college guy at the supermarket. He was about 23 or so, but I don't know his exact age. He hit me up and I thought he was cute enough. I told him about my husbands and I lifestyle, he gave me his number and I told him I'd have my husband contact him. My husband texted him and pretty much told him it was cool to contact me and gave him my number.

He called and we talked, we got along well and he said he was only in town for the night, that we would meet up after he got off of work. Well 9pm came around and nothing. About 930pm I called him and it went straight to voicemail. I figured maybe his phone died and he needed to charge it. About 10pm the husband texts him to ask if we are still on for the night. We hear nothing back and the next day my husband received a notice that the message was undelivered, like his phone was off the whole time.

No message the next day telling us that his phone died, or any excuse. Nothing. At least for us, he ruined his reputation and we will never look to him to play again, even though he invited me to contact him when we were in his area when we talked on the phone.

Everyone, if you can't make it, just say so. Please don't be a flake that ruins your reputation, people talk and people will remember you.
I totally agree and sure it goes both ways. I don't understand why it's so hard to be humane with some consideration. We all know life happens, so if you can't make it, say so. I can't tell you how many times I've been flaked. Great convo and everything, then crickets. Last year this woman came to my place, I told her I'm gonna take a shower, I come out and she is gone. I immediately start looking around my place to make sure she didn't steal anything. I travel for work, so I'm always up for a meetup, but I get my share of the no shows quite a bit.

I totally agree and sure it goes both ways. I don't understand why it's so hard to be humane with some consideration. We all know life happens, so if you can't make it, say so. I can't tell you how many times I've been flaked. Great convo and everything, then crickets. Last year this woman came to my place, I told her I'm gonna take a shower, I come out and she is gone. I immediately start looking around my place to make sure she didn't steal anything. I travel for work, so I'm always up for a meetup, but I get my share of the no shows quite a bit.
Exactly, it does go both ways. I'm sorry for your experience. People like this really make the lifestyle hard, but life isn't what I'm trying to make hard, it's BBC's lol

Only experienced people respect their time and others time
Yeah, it really does seem that way. I just wish there were an easier way to link up with others with similar interests in our areas. It feels like everyone lives so far away from each other here and it has to be more about planning trips, which is cool too I suppose. Nothing like seeing other parts of the country and possibly making a good friend that you can link up with on occasion.

Yeah, it really does seem that way. I just wish there were an easier way to link up with others with similar interests in our areas. It feels like everyone lives so far away from each other here and it has to be more about planning trips, which is cool too I suppose. Nothing like seeing other parts of the country and possibly making a good friend that you can link up with on occasion.
Agree.

These are the odds.

With whom our chemistry matches they live far 😆😆

What's weird is that there are quite a bit that are maybe an hour away, 2 tops from me, one is 45 mins, and they all say that's too far. I'm like, heck, I bet you all drive further for less lol.

What's weird is that there are quite a bit that are maybe an hour away, 2 tops from me, one is 45 mins, and they all say that's too far. I'm like, heck, I bet you all drive further for less lol.
Yeah, no kidding. I drive about 5 hours just to visit family. I drive 30 minutes for routine stuff and 50 minutes to go to a doctor that I prefer. I guess maybe growing up in the country it's given me a different perspective on drive time.

Yeah, no kidding. I drive about 5 hours just to visit family. I drive 30 minutes for routine stuff and 50 minutes to go to a doctor that I prefer. I guess maybe growing up in the country it's given me a different perspective on drive time.
I've even offered to drive the 45mins, but their excuse is the wait time. This is no different in the real vanilla dating, they want the guy around the corner lol.

Back