no wonder this page so slow to load...all the damned vids....anyway just happened to stumble on this.....

Irregular news and analysis mostly about the once-great state of South Dakota

Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Obama statue at risk to Rapid City's racists

As James Van Nuys puts the finishing touches on his statue of Barack Obama Democrats are privately discussing its safety in racist Rapid City.

43 presidential statues already sit or stand on corners downtown and the City of Presidents Foundation leaders want to focus on the message it will send to visitors without invoking the town's long history of bigotry. Obama would join Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and Jimmy Carter as US presidents who have won the Nobel Prize for Peace.

In the early twentieth century after President Theodore Roosevelt invited Booker T. Washington to the White House white supremacists began erecting statuary commemorating and celebrating treason in the United States. Mount Rushmore is the state's premier example of white supremacist ideology. Its sculptor was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

Fact is: most of the downtown statues depict slave owners, at least one baby *******, war criminals and figures in history that ordered the murders of American Indians. Confederate flags routinely fly in Rapid City showing support for racism in like-minded states, South Carolina and Mississippi. Many more come out during the Sturgis Rally. Calling him a ******* some earth haters are calling for the removal of Rapid City's statue of Bill Clinton.

Right to life? Not if you're non-white in South Dakota. Read the comments under KEVN teevee's Facebook post and witness the racial prejudice and hatred for yourselves.

Van Nuys is saying the Obama statue will be completed by the end of summer.

larry kurtzJune 20, 2019 at 5:54 AM
"Dallerie Davis said Thursday that the statue of the 44th president will be unveiled during a ceremony on July 13 at the Elks Theater in downtown Rapid City. From there, the Obama bronze will be placed at the southwest corner of the intersection of Fourth and Saint Joseph streets, she said. 'This is the first time we’ve let the information out,' Davis said of the location near the Trinity Eco Prayer Park. 'I can make it official because we’re unlikely to change it at this point.'” [Rapid City Journal]

Tennessee governor signs 'Forrest Day' proclamation ...
https://news.yahoo.com/gov-bill-lee-signs-nathan-195604365.html
Jul 12, 2019 · NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Gov. Bill Lee has proclaimed Saturday as Nathan Bedford Forrest Day in Tennessee, a day of observation to honor the former Confederate general and early Ku Klux Klan leader whose bust is on display in the state Capitol.

Tennessee Governor Honors KKK Grand Wizard & Slave Trader ...
https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/2019/07/13/tennessee-gov.-bill-lee-honors-kkk...
10 hours ago · Governor Bill Lee signed a declaration officially making Saturday Nathan Bedford Forrest Day. Who’s Nathan? Well, he was a Confederate general. He was also a Grand Wizard — and I don’t mean of Oz. As observed by Vice News:

Bill Lee against removing Confederate Nathan Bedford ...
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/02/bill-lee-nathan-bedford...
Jan 02, 2019 · Incoming Gov. Bill Lee has said it's "a mistake to whitewash history." ... Protesters demand the removal of a bust honoring Confederate general Nathan Bedford Forrest outside Gov. Bill

I watched this whole thing and listened to a lot of commentary. The white guy who would not let the black guy in the building had his ******* killed when his ******* let a guy in their building. This happened when he was a kid. He merely wanted to know who the man was, who he knew in the building. That's all he asked. Had the black guy answered this, it would not have been a problem. If the black man had been white, the white guy would have asked him the same questions. The black guy was interviewed and admitted that he is tired of being taken for a violent guy or asked questions just because he is a black man. That I get. But you can't say the the white guy who lived in the building didn't have a right to ask who the man was before letting him in. There is a lock and a buzzer for that reason. If you lived in that building, no matter who wanted to race past you when you opened the door, wouldn't you ask who they are if you did not recognize then? I would. Especially if I had a wife in the building alone. Sorry, I don't think the guy is a racist and I don't think the black guy is a bad guy. Circumstances dictated that they both had perceptions based on their past experiences that made them behave the way they did. If I were the man who was trying to get in and he asked me questions, knowing that he lived there, I would just answer them and explain who I am visiting. I would not be defensive about it. If these two guys met in different circumstances, they would probably be more polite to each other. Thus, this is not a good example of "racism" but was partially caused because of the black guys life experiences with racism. Is the white guy a racist? If you listen to him and understand who he is, he is not a racist.

I hate real racism. I also hate fake racism. I don't like the fact that democrats are calling anyone, even those in their own party "racists" because they don't agree with their views. If you are black, or arabian, or any color other than white and I don't agree with your opinion, it doesn't make me a "racist".
If you are white and I am black and I do not agree with your view, you are not a "racist. On the other hand, I you want to make me look bad, you know I am white, let's say I'm old too and let's say the majority agree with me; I must be a "racist" because I don't agree with a person of color. What if a white person has the same view as you, a person of color and I don't agree with them either. Does that make me an inside out racist? An upside down racist? A multi dimensional, Hallusinogenic racist? In fact, If I don't agree with myself, does that make me a "self racist"? If I don't like your dog, am I a "dogist"? The point is, as an American, I have the right to free speech and my opinion. If you do not like my opinion, than you have the right to disagree. If you don't like me, you can tell me, But, if you don't like me because I am white, you are a racist. The important distinction is: not liking a person's opinion Vs not liking a person's negative opinion about a certain group of people.

Here is an example. If a white mexican man crosses the border illegally, broke our laws and was ordered to leave the country by a judge, then he must obey the law. His color is irrelevant. We have laws to keep peace and protect the citizens. If I don't want millions of people I don't know to come into the U.S. that doesn't make me a "racist". It doesn't imply that I want only white people here. It means, as a citizen, I expect our laws, the laws that I am required to obey, to be obeyed by those who are not citizens. If this does not happen, the entire system breaks down. This is a good example of how "racist" is used erroneously every day by certain congresswomen who seek to turn the U.S. into a communist nation.

So, if you want to call someone a racist, make sure they are and that you just don't disagree with their views. To me "racist" is a terrible thing. A person who is a racist is one of the most ignorant people on the planet. And you can't fix stupid.

Last edited:

The majority of urban black slaveowners were women. In 1820, free black women represented 68 percent of heads of households and 70 percent of slaveholding heads of colored households. The large percentage of black women slaveowners is explained by the combined effects of manumission (being freed by their white masters for whom they fathered children), inheritance (receiving slaves from their white masters, relatives, and even husbands who had a higher mortality rate than women), and personal industry once they were free (buying slaves themselves).
Black women were the majority of slaves emancipated by white slave owning men with whom they had had sexual relations. The miscegenous nature of South Carolina society is nowhere better revealed than by the fact that 33 percent of all the recorded colonial manumissions were mulatto children and 75 percent of all adult manumissions were females. If homosexual relations existed between black male slaves and their white masters, these relations were not directly acknowledged through emancipation. By 1830 in Charleston, 65 percent of black slaveowners bought slaves for profit rather than to free family members, as indicated in registered documents. Black slaveowners often owned family members and slaves that they used in their businesses, but only 8 percent of black slaveowners who recorded slave transactions were purely benevolent masters–buying a slave’s family members, such as their spouses, children, and other relatives.

Back