Why I don’t vote for Donkeys

Angelyn

Female
It’s funny how I didn’t mean to post this here originally. But since I don’t want to post my views on a forum where my identity is actually known...

Just so ironic. To go to a sex site to talk politics. This reminds me of my failed meetups with men. Instead of having good sex, I wind up talking about whatever’s on my mind.

Seems as though when a nerd male professor talks brainy stuff in bed, young women like that. But young men don’t exactly take well to female nerds doing the same in bed.

I digress.

I’m going to voice something that I have felt for a long time, but wasn’t really free to discuss openly.

In the past few years, I have really started to hate and despise the Donkey Party. Even though my entire identity is favorably positioned to be their supporter.

I don’t vote for elephants. I have never voted for the elephants. But try telling this to one of Dem Asses. Dem Asses are never going to believe it, if you previously voiced any criticism of their party. Instead they will keep calling you names. One of which I am particularly sensitive about, given my personal identity: Russian Troll.

I read the NYT most. Followed by the Huffington Post (just because its content is readily available online).

I don’t follow Faux News. A lot of Elephant Supporters tend to make a beeline for Faux News, and it just doesn’t go down well with someone like me who is academically inclined. Faux News is a big disappointment to me, because I really want to see good quality conservative content balance off the increasingly extreme left wing tilt of the NYT. Regrettably the only good conservative stuff is found nowadays in the WSJ, which I don’t enjoy because it’s too corporatist and money minded.

So I basically read what the liberals read, and don’t read what the conservatives read.

I am moderately friendly to the libertarians without being committed to their thinking, because I find Ayn Rand’s philosophy a bit too selfish. I didn’t support Gary Johnson although I didn’t hate him either.

As I’ve said before, I voted for Jill Stein last election. I like the Greens most.

As a 1) woman 2) not Christian 3) descendant of recent immigrants 4) having mixed racial origins and clearly not WASP 5) not rich 6) academically inclined rather than business oriented, I see absolutely no reason to vote for elephants. Elephants do not represent me or my interests. It isn’t hard to figure that one out.

I don’t even have many real life contacts with Elephants. If you don’t go to church, if you don’t have a country club membership, if you don’t have a hobby or profession that involves using guns, if you aren’t working for a big corporation and if you don’t live in a rural area – you won’t be coming across too many Elephants. I really don’t have much to do with them at all.

Yet again and again I am insulted and criticized for supporting Elephants. I can say ten times over that I don’t vote Republican and find no reason to vote Republican, and I’m still attacked and belittled and mocked for ‘being a Republican’.

I started out preferring a third party. Isn’t that democracy? Don’t I have the right to support whatever causes and parties that I feel represent my interests more?

I have found that Republicans and conservatives generally don’t attack me for going third party. I think they already know, from my gender, from my race, from my income level, from my lack of religion, from my job, that I cannot possibly gain anything from being a Republican. They accept me to the extent that they can possibly accept someone who doesn’t go to the same church, the same country club, the same corporation, as them. I don’t expect the Elephants to ever do anything for me, and I am not disappointed.

Elephants are basically white males with money and whoever aspires to be like them. That’s why I am not angry at black or Hispanic people who vote Republican. They want a very traditional, male dominated world of country clubs, low taxes and private (often family run) businesses with wives that wear skirts and play hostess in their suburban homes. I don’t like this world, but it isn’t hell on earth. It has its own logic that works.

You want to know what logic doesn’t work, try living in a communist country. Given a choice between being a Stepford Wife and being a Comrade lining up for potatoes, I’ll swallow my pride (and probably a lot of nasty tasting sperm) and stick with being a Stepford wife. I’m at this stage in my life where I realize all the freedom and women’s rights in the world hasn’t made me a rich and comfortable woman. I’m really quite rootless and identity-less and restless.

When I talk with Elephants, I notice that they tend to be fairly tolerant of third parties on their political spectrum. When someone brings up Ron Paul, the other conservatives don’t start ranting and spitting fire. They’re usually quite happy to discuss libertarianism.

Dem Ass supporters were better ten years ago. But now they don’t seem to have any tolerance for third parties that lean left. NY State’s Asses are now trying to do their version of voter suppression, which is to deny third parties an opportunity to get on the ballot. If I’m sitting among a bunch of Ass voters, there’s no way I can say nice things about Nader or Stein. It gets really emotional and hostile. Asses tend to be smart people; I know that because so many of Dem Asses are my colleagues and other professional academics. But Asses can’t figure out that very basic, uncontested logic that because I vote in a Blue state, going for Nader or Stein really won’t change things.

I don’t understand why the Asses hate third parties so much. Gary Johnson got 3% and Jill Stein got 1% of the last vote. Gary Johnson would have gotten his votes from other rightwing and conservative leaning people, so he must have taken from Trump. Jill Stein and the Greens take their votes from left leaning people, so they took from people who could potentially vote for Hillary Clinton. But if the Libertarians and the Greens didn’t field candidates and voting was mandatory, people who voted for Johnson would have held their noses and given Trump 49.4%. Whereas I would have held my nose and voted for Clinton, giving her 49.3%. Clinton would have lost the popular vote, and also lost the electoral college.

At least, that is what would have happened in 2016.

Thanks to what happened in the past three years, I’m really alienated from the Ass Party now. These folks seem to think that they deserve my vote, and that if I don’t vote for them I am a Trumpet, I am brainless, I am racist, I am a corporate shill or a Russian mole. Their sense of entitlement is breathtaking.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure by now that at the next election, Dem Asses are going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again. There’s no way I can vote for Trump, and I’m pretty sure 60% of the country feels the same. But the Asses aren’t trying to come up with someone whom the 60% can vote for. Instead they just pander to marginal and extreme left voters, whom most of the 60% are definitely not that comfortable voting for.

In the end the Donkey Candidate will not gain the support of third party voters like me. I will happily go Green again, knowing full well that it won’t change the electoral college’s math. People in purple states are going to have a harder decision to make.

Nice dissertation of your feelings - Dems now condemn and attack ANYONE that doesn’t completely agree with their
talking points/agenda - hope you don’t take it personally - as a supporter of a 3rd party it automatically puts you at odds with the ASSES - luv your characterization of the Dems.

another thread where you hate dems.….love trump and are an independent?
and if you get an answer here you don't like....just create another thread

but then hell...there are a lot of trump supporters on here that really say nothing and seem to be confused as to what they stand for....but they stand for it.....and are not interested in knowing anything....they already know it all....so preach your discontent and support trump

Last edited:
Thanks for your supportive comments, folks!

Just after I posted my random rant, someone wrote an article in the NYT that illustrates what I am thinking better than I can ever put it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/01/opinion/obama-cancel-culture.html?

But that writer doesn’t represent me. What he represents, are the attitudes that have alienated me from democrats, progressives and ‘woke’ people!

My views are reflected in the general tenor of the comments (I read hundreds of them). The writer was attacking Obama. He actually categorized Obama as representative of lots of rich, conservative white males!

The writer, a thirty-something year old journalist, represents exactly what I dislike most about the democrats and a lot of young, left leaning people nowadays. That extreme left woke culture of cancellations. It smacks of the Red Guards in Mao’s China. It bestirs nothing but ever stronger reactions against them.

I have always supported gay and lesbian rights. For decades. But it’s really intimidating when you forget someone’s preferred gender pronoun and the leftwing crowd pounces. Then everyone attacks you and complain to the administrators and parents and so on. Why is getting someone’s gender identity right less important than teaching and discussion and learning?

You do not have this problem outside Western countries.

What he represents, are the attitudes that have alienated me from democrats, progressives and ‘woke’ people!
...That extreme left woke culture of cancellations. It smacks of the Red Guards in Mao’s China. It bestirs nothing but ever stronger reactions against them.
...I have always supported gay and lesbian rights. For decades. But it’s really intimidating when you forget someone’s preferred gender pronoun and the leftwing crowd pounces. Then everyone attacks you and complain to the administrators and parents and so on. Why is getting someone’s gender identity right less important than teaching and discussion and learning?

Because of Call Out culture. The woke can never be woke enough. They vie for power by by catching one another in an "inexcusable" slip-up. They have no humor and expect total adherence to speech codes that are constantly adjusted and behavior codes that are difficult to predict. Currently the transgender movement seems to control the narrative, but for trans-girls who pass as female, none of that is a problem.

I think these latent issues turned into a problem after Obama was elected. It made the extreme left feel empowered and started these identity politics and transgender stuff. That in turn caused a reaction among moderates and conservatives.

It is a testament to how totally repulsive the extreme left is, that someone like Mr. Pussy Grabber can get elected. I think a lot of people in purple states really don't want to turn out and support a democrat.

If I was living in a purple state, I would be faced with 1) Trump, who represents every obnoxious, boorish, uncultured, ignorant, obnoxious and uncivilized man I have ever known
or 2) some democrat who would be kowtowing to the Blue Guards.
I'll probably sit on my hands too. I think the Jerk (Trump) is less dangerous than the Blue Guards.

The Democrats seem to have no clue that their most electable candidate is also the least dramatic. It is Biden.

Simply by being a bridge builder, a respectable gentleman who has basic civility and teamwork in politics, Biden can undo a lot of the problems that Trump created. I don't expect great things from Biden. I just expect him to be a respectable, decent, competent and no-drama president.

Isn't that what you want from a president?

Pit Biden against Trump, and Trump will undo himself. Warren can't beat Trump. She's Hillary Clinton lite.

There is an NYT article today which comes to the same conclusion.

It is a testament to how totally repulsive the extreme left is, that someone like Mr. Pussy Grabber can get elected.

Your assessment of dems is accurate, and I would add that the extreme left is now the center of the dem party. The top candidates are on board with most every radical social policy that defines extremism; witness the Equality Act, that is destructive to women's rights.

To be fair Trump said "they let you do it, you can do anything, grab them by the pussy". That is key because he abided by the very policy that is dem boilerplate. They hammer it everywhere.....consent, consent, consent. And we all know what this was really about: hot girls throwing themselves at supremely wealthy men. I hope no one expects that behavior to ever go away.

I think the Jerk (Trump) is less dangerous than the Blue Guards.

I agree, much, much less dangerous. Trump is oriented to personal freedom, while the Blue Guards are motivated by rage -- if they don't hate your group yet, just wait a bit -- off to the gulags they will send you.

Simply by being a bridge builder, a respectable gentleman who has basic civility and teamwork in politics, Biden can undo a lot of the problems that Trump created.

If you are going to identify Trump by one vulgar comment he made 15 years ago, as a private citizen, then it is fair to identify Biden by his appalling, disgusting sexually suggestive pawing at ******* girls -- done while an elected official, and on government property. Trump's mere comment is nothing compare to Biden's ******* perversion.

I don't expect great things from Biden. I just expect him to be a respectable, decent, competent and no-drama president.
Isn't that what you want from a president?

No, no, hell no!

I want a Kennedy-esque, Apollo-style effort to make America the science, tech and social liberty leader of the world. I want America to be great.

I don’t really think the Equality Right is harmful to women’s rights. But it is too far ranging. Very typical of progressives to go for utopian ideals without considering the ramifications.

Let’s put it another way. Real women have low levels of testesterone. We simply aren’t so aggressive, loud, fierce. We do compromise and negotiate more. It’s part of what makes a woman.

I don’t want to spend all my time getting angry and pounding the table to demand that you call me by some preferred gender pronoun.

So whoever that does this kind of thing – eg drag queens – get to push their agenda. But it doesn’t represent normal women at all. Most normal women aren’t that comfortable with sharing bathrooms with men.

I find it very offensive that some dick (pun intended) dresses up in his stereotyped version of a woman with red high stilettos, exaggerrated makeup, fake hair, fake lashes, fake nails, fake boobs and fake butt – and takes it as his right to use the ladies’ because he has decided to be female for the day. I am a perfectly normal hetero woman, and I don’t like this parody of feminity.

I don’t really think the Equality Right is harmful to women’s rights.
Real women have low levels of testesterone. We simply aren’t so aggressive, loud, fierce. We do compromise and negotiate more.....
.....Most normal women aren’t that comfortable with sharing bathrooms with men.

Your response is very confusing. The Equality Act does the very things you are opposed to. It puts men in direct physical competition with women. It puts men in women's bathrooms and locker rooms. It puts men in women's showers. It will take championships, records and scholarships away from women. The Equality Act recognizes a man to be female simply because he says so.

I find it very offensive that some dick (pun intended) dresses up in his stereotyped version of a woman with red high stilettos, exaggerrated makeup, fake hair, fake lashes, fake nails, fake boobs and fake butt – and takes it as his right to use the ladies’ because he has decided to be female for the day. I am a perfectly normal hetero woman, and I don’t like this parody of feminity.

There are trans-women in your bathrooms and you don't know we are there. We don't parody femininity, we are so feminine that you have already commented:

Really feel so irritated by men who are better at being feminine than me.

I think these latent issues turned into a problem after Obama was elected. It made the extreme left feel empowered and started these identity politics and transgender stuff. That in turn caused a reaction among moderates and conservatives

wrong...Trump lost the popular vote....that never sits well....and the last 2 or 3 times a repub has won he lost the popular vote......and then AFTER we find out he had a lot of help from Russia...so add insult to injury....and everyday he compounds it more with various styles of corruption....so I would say the Obama people have a case

Let’s put it another way. Real women have low levels of testesterone. We simply aren’t so aggressive, loud, fierce. We do compromise and negotiate more. It’s part of what makes a woman.

maybe 50 years ago....but all that changed when women became a ******* in the work *******....and learned to fend for them selves...…..rare is "weak" women any more

If I was living in a purple state, I would be faced with 1) Trump, who represents every obnoxious, boorish, uncultured, ignorant, obnoxious and uncivilized man I have ever known
or 2) some democrat who would be kowtowing to the Blue Guards.
I'll probably sit on my hands too. I think the Jerk (Trump) is less dangerous than the Blue Guards.

that comment right there shows you are a trumpie and just talking trying to say something that amounts to nothing....just that you support trump

The Democrats seem to have no clue that their most electable candidate is also the least dramatic. It is Biden.

guess you haven't bothered to look at the polls....in your haste to buy a new MAGA hat.....but NATIONWIDE...Biden has always had the lead...it varies from state to state …...and there are 2 others just like Biden and may be just as good....the Gay mayor....and Amy knobblecocker from Min....both are in the same category...……………………...those chinses made MAGA hats have a little plastic tab on the back so you can adjust them and keep the hat from covering your eyes

I don't expect great things from Biden. I just expect him to be a respectable, decent, competent and no-drama president.

all of that....and you supported trump....what your standards took the day off?

Pit Biden against Trump, and Trump will undo himself. Warren can't beat Trump. She's Hillary Clinton lite.

trump is already undoing himself and does it daily with his own mouth

Your assessment of dems is accurate, and I would add that the extreme left is now the center of the dem party. The top candidates are on board with most every radical social policy that defines extremism; witness the Equality Act, that is destructive to women's rights.

another one flat mind fucked by the right!

agree, much, much less dangerous. Trump is oriented to personal freedom, while the Blue Guards are motivated by rage -- if they don't hate your group yet, just wait a bit -- off to the gulags they will send you.

trump oriented towards personal freedoms....and yet he wants to dictate the press....do away with the constitution.....have you pay taxes to make up for the breaks he gives himself and rich pals.....I could go on about trump is destroying this country with the help of people like you…..just to blind to see anything except what you are told!

If you are going to identify Trump by one vulgar comment he made 15 years ago, as a private citizen, then it is fair to identify Biden by his appalling, disgusting sexually suggestive pawing at ******* girls -- done while an elected official, and on government property. Trump's mere comment is nothing compare to Biden's ******* perversion.

ONE comment 15 years ago....he played around on all 3 wives...hired prostitutes....admitted to groping all kinds of women....was a good friend of jeffry Epstiens and was charged with ******* a 13 year old girl...which they bought their way out of.....walked into the miss Teen USA while they were undressed.....ONE COMMENT?....your devotion to trump has you NOT paying attention to the world around you!

No, no, hell no!

I want a Kennedy-esque, Apollo-style effort to make America the science, tech and social liberty leader of the world. I want America to be great.

well none of that applies to trump....or you have a serious mental problem and just can't see past the bullshit...see where now he wants to pull out of the climate accord?

trump caters to the uneducated....and the examples around here are everywhere

There are trans-women in your bathrooms and you don't know we are there. We don't parody femininity, we are so feminine that you have already commented:

Oh, I can tell. You guys try too hard.

Real women have women’s intuition. There’s always something off about a transvestite.

Transvestites overwhelmingly are the dress, heels and makeup types. They play a female role slickly, but because they are not actually women, they can’t draw on the female experience. You guys project shallow images of men’s idealized women. Yes, you can still fool women in the context of a brief bathroom visit where we pay each other minimal attention. But you can’t chat us up without us figuring that something is off.

You guys can’t even understand how afraid most women are of getting pregnant. It’s something we have so little control over, yet has such an effect on our lives. No man can understand this which all women can understand. You guys just want to play out your sexual fantasies about being endlessly desired and desirable, without having to consider the morning after.

wrong...Trump lost the popular vote....that never sits well....
That only resonates with uneducated liberals. The popular vote is meaningless.

another one flat mind fucked by the right!
In other words, you have no counter-argument.

trump oriented towards personal freedoms....and yet he wants to dictate the press....do away with the constitution.....have you pay taxes to make up for the breaks he gives himself and rich pals.....I could go on about trump is destroying this country with the help of people like you…..just to blind to see anything except what you are told!

The press and the constitution comments are just hyperbole and Trump reduced my taxes. but I did notice that you choose to ignore Biden's well documented ******* proclivity.

well none of that applies to trump....or you have a serious mental problem and just can't see past the bullshit...see where now he wants to pull out of the climate accord?

The climate accord is designed to drag first-world countries into the gutter. You dems really shouldn't be taking your guidance from angry, crazy 16 year old girls.

The press and the constitution comments are just hyperbole and Trump reduced my taxes. but I did notice that you choose to ignore Biden's well documented ******* proclivity.

The climate accord is designed to drag first-world countries into the gutter. You dems really shouldn't be taking your guidance from angry, crazy 16 year old girls.

all your opinion...any links?...or just trumpie ass breath

apparently so...in the last 20 years 3 republicans have been elected....against the majority vote......winning at all costs!

I have plenty of argument...….you never stated any facts on anything...….just flapping your ass cheeks

I did notice that you choose to ignore Biden's well documented ******* proclivity.

nothing documented....so just more trump bullshit....whereas trump is documented on several issues …..like ******* the 13 year old...the pee tapes in Russia....about Ivanka?....and so many more

The climate accord is designed to drag first-world countries into the gutter

right out of trumps mouth....you have anything to say on your own....that you can document...or just more ass gas

Back