Drag Racing

Yeah basically the same block as the M5. HP#s are often way understated on BMWs. Stock is 530 but I haven’t had it on a dyno in a while. More power was part of recipe. Increasing throttle response and getting into the power band quicker was the mission.

In general I love anything turbocharged / supercharged because it’s typically easier to do the above and I like the driving dynamic. Plaids for example are super cool but I love the sound of this car. At cruise it’s pretty quiet. In sport + with exhaust valves open it’s angry.

My Dad and I tinkered with an old FJ40 which was so easy.We have a friend w a lift and largely Porsche / Audi shop who is a godsend. Everything is wedged in the engine bay and there’s fire shields and paneling underneath that make it hard to do without access to a proper garage.

I like a lot of the coding options for some of the superficial stuff (gauges, lighting, Euro features, etc).

TLDR it’s fun and fast. Not easy to work on. Pretty easy to make insane power for a daily.

My $.02
Nice!

The 2015 style m6 convertible (basically an m5) has been on my list for awhile.

I don't know much about the tuning aspect, but the stock hp numbers seem like it would be plenty fun

Last edited:
Back