Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoulda pardoned him long ago - bullshite charge against him.

The agents involved all said they felt Flynn didn’t lie to them.

Comey - Brennan - Clapper - McCabe - Hillary - all lied their arses off - no charges for them.

RU STILL BREATHING OR IS THIS YOUR GHOST MAKING SUCH A RIDICULOUS STATEMENT??
P.S. OOPPPSS .... I forgot about those Trumpian Alternative Facts Scenarios!

Shoulda pardoned him long ago - bullshite charge against him.

The agents involved all said they felt Flynn didn’t lie to them.

Comey - Brennan - Clapper - McCabe - Hillary - all lied their arses off - no charges for them.
Exactly what did ALL of them lie about and how is it related to Flynn being a traitor? Also, his conviction is not detailed publicly. You or Sean Hannity doesn't have all of the information that he was charged with so where are you getting your information? Same place you heard COVID 19 was a hoax?

You democrats, progressive left others are proving over and over how bias you are. Our country is in serious trouble but it is not Trump that is causing our situation. This country has been horribly divided for the last twenty years to the point of violence. and hatred. In my life I have not been either full time Democrat or Republican, I voted for Clinton the first time and received intense criticism from relatives even while I was considering him over George H. W. Bush. Clinton disappointed me as I found out a lot of negative things about him. The second time I didn't like Dole, voted for Perot. I then in order voted Bush, Kerry, Obama, didn't vote second term but the hatred I went through for voting Obama was awful and he was a major disappointment, I then voted at the last minute for the untested Trump over Hillary the worst candidate EVER. I think Trump has done an amazing Job, for a non politician and now he is going against Biden or Sanders, In my view neither one has a chance.

You democrats, progressive left others are proving over and over how bias you are. Our country is in serious trouble but it is not Trump that is causing our situation. This country has been horribly divided for the last twenty years to the point of violence. and hatred. In my life I have not been either full time Democrat or Republican, I voted for Clinton the first time and received intense criticism from relatives even while I was considering him over George H. W. Bush. Clinton disappointed me as I found out a lot of negative things about him. The second time I didn't like Dole, voted for Perot. I then in order voted Bush, Kerry, Obama, didn't vote second term but the hatred I went through for voting Obama was awful and he was a major disappointment, I then voted at the last minute for the untested Trump over Hillary the worst candidate EVER. I think Trump has done an amazing Job, for a non politician and now he is going against Biden or Sanders, In my view neither one has a chance.

and you want to talk about bias.....when your every post is pro trump?.....you expect us to believe that?

yes we are in serious trouble and true trump didn't cause it...…..but through stupidity and greed he allowed it to get out of hand!
he cut funds to the CDC tying their hands from doing much......to this day most countries are running more tests in a day than we are in a week..…..why do you suppose we have half as many cases as germany….and twice as many deaths?...….and then even when it started the Liar n Thief could not tell the truth and continued to brush it off in all his press briefings....."nothing to worry about all under control...good time to buy stocks"......damn that is just instilling confidence!

not been a full time democrat nor a republican.....and yet your everypost is anti democrat....to include this one.....if it walks like a duck...quacks like a duck...chances are it is a republican duck

the only problem with Obama...…..he pulled the country out of a major recession and saved the country from collapse.....gets no credit for that......but people dislike him because he didn't make them rich!....they see the country healing around them and their personal greed took over....he created the nice economy you are enjoying now...…..trump just has not fucked it up yet!....but he is trying with his tax cuts to the wealthy......his cuts to the middle class......and to programs that help America...like the cdc…...he is fucking it up....just Obama had it in good enough shape takes even trumps stupidity a while to fuck it up....but you will see it....and see it soon

trump over Hillary.....you listened to too many of those Russian bots and people like allfor…..and people like trump because you are a died in the wool republican.....no matter which side of your mouth you talk out of

Hopefully when John Durham is done the entire truth will come out.
sure it will...…….famous for being very complete about what he does....and big on organized crime...….but also has ties to Barr.....and just look at all the good things Barr has done for the country.....it took a bunch of lawyers and judges to get on Barr's back before he crawled into his hole......eventually corruption will all come out....but it won't favor your man.....personally I would like to see treason at the top of the list for him and several other republicans...…..but those days are gone....country doesn't have the balls to push it....the right does they are so corrupt...but they won't push it against themselves....instead they push it against former gov officials they want to silence.....betrayal is something the right lives by

I've been genuinely disturbed at how divided Americans are down political lines. I had no idea. But trump doesn't help because he deliberately sets people off against each other.
I'm a UK right of centre voter and have no allegiance as such, but I just can't stand trump, which is common amongst most Europeans.

No, that isn't helpful. Don't let Americans go down the road of blaming others - we don't know where the virus originated. It probably came from China, which didn't realise it had a problem for a few weeks. It had by then taken control in that area and their response was heroic. They immediately shut businesses down and imposed a strict lock down on 60 million people. They are now actively helping out in Europe. We have Chinese medics ; veterans of the Wuhan outbreak, helping out with know how in Europe.
When you point the finger of blame, a finger points right back at you.

That article is about not being so dependant on China and making more product here like we use to
Yes some of it is, but the premise is that it is 'all their fault' from the outset. This kind of virus has been long overdue and it is pointless blaming them, or using it as an excuse to indulge in protectionist trade policies.
Having said that, a degree of independence in supply chains is just common sense.

Yes some of it is, but the premise is that it is 'all their fault' from the outset. This kind of virus has been long overdue and it is pointless blaming them, or using it as an excuse to indulge in protectionist trade policies.
Having said that, a degree of independence in supply chains is just common sense.
We have outsourced to much we use to produce

Reagan was a long time ago
he opened the door...…...lot of countries have discovered the cheaper labor and etc since....once the horse out of the gate...others to follow.....several have tried or said to stop it...yet hasn't happened......look at trumps promise to bring them back....going overseas at a higher rate now than ever before.....he gave big tax breaks to companies.....look what AT&T did...took the money and moved all their call centers over seas where the labor is 10 bucks an hour cheaper

Obama had the solution...…..tax and tariff the ******* out of American companies that are overseas...forsing them to see it is cheaper to be here......hell look at out own government.....you ever call social security....called several times...….no one spoke good English that I could understand....demanded to talk to someone that spoke English....was put on hold for almost an hour

it's all about the dollar....country be damned...…..American pride shipped over seas along time ago.....which brings up another point...some employers complain can not find good employees......why in the fuck should an employee care....most don't get paid enough to survive on......have no medical benefits or any benefits to say much about...….so why shouldn't they always be on the look out for something better!

Reagan fucked this country in so many ways....first allowed jobs to go over seas.....and second allowed laws to break unions...…..without the unions there are no standards for an employer to be judged by...they pay/give whatever they want...dictate hours and etc!

Damn….got CBS on and just pissing me off....got all these answers for their people who are working from home so they don't get bored or etc.....well fuck....that is just fine for those that have that opportunity...…..but what about the clerk at the grocery store being sent home...without pay.....do they suppose boredome will be on their minds?

How Reagan Destroyed America & The Middle Class

Reagan is directly responsible for destroying the Middle Class of America, and I am not the only one who thinks so. A number of political analysts have written on this very subject.

James Joiner on allvoices.com calls him "the destroyer of main street" and "the ******* of this nightmare we are living.

He goes on to state of the Republicans: "They call themselves the party of Ronald Reagan! That scares the hell out of me because Reagan was the ******* of the war mongering high Deficit compassionate Conservatives that gave Birth to much war present and future unless Obama can turn around the disaster they created around the world with their war mongering!" (http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...in-street-and-a-ronald-reagan-jr-i-agree-with).

Pablo Mayhew, a columnist on rawstory.com goes so far as to refer to Reagan as a criminal no better than his Republican predecessor, Richard Nixon. He relates Reagan's role in the Iran-Contra affair in which Reagan pled "forgetfulness" when pressed about it.
Mayhew concludes with these words: " as one great writer has contended, that Richard Nixon broke the heart of the American Dream, then Reagan broke its back Now.... the American Dream is clearly down for the count." (http://www.rawstory.com/exclusives/mayhew/reagan_destroyed_american_dream.htm)
And listen to what Thom Hartmann, prominent television and radio talk show host and commentator, had to say about the devastation today on our economy that was the direct result, he reports, of Reaganomics when he appeared as a guest on Dateline just prior to Obama taking office.

when Reagan came into office we were the largest exporter of manufacturing goods and the largest importer of raw materials on the planet. And, the largest creditor--more people owed us money than anybody else in the world. Now, just 28 years later, we're the largest importer of finished goods, manufactured goods; the largest exporter of raw materials--which is kind of the definition of a third-world nation -- and we're the most in-debt of any country in the world. This is the absolute consequence of Reaganomics." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thom-hartmann/thom-hartmann-defends-the_b_150964.html)

These graphs bear out exactly what all these people have been saying about Reagan being directly responsible for destroying America and the Middle Class. In looking at these pay particulular attention to 1981, the year Reagan took office.
Obviously, George H. Bush, Clinton, and Gorge W could have reversed this trend; instead, they, for the most part became keepers and harbingers of it.

"Conservative policies transformed the United States from the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation in just a few years, and it has only gotten worse since then: " So avows the author who researched the subject and collected the graphs. (http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts)
You can find all kinds of books and articles praising Reagan, but what I have presented are the cold, hard facts about what the man did to our economy with his Reaganomics. For those who would like to read more on this subject, go to:
Reagan Revolution Home To Roost: America Drowning In Debt
Reagan Revolution Home To Roost: America IsCrumbling
Finance, Mine, Oil & Debt Disasters: THIS Is Deregulation

Reaganomics killed America’s middle class
This country’s fate was sealed when our government slashed taxes on the rich back in 1980
There's nothing "normal" about having a middle class. Having a middle class is a choice that a society has to make, and it's a choice we need to make again in this generation, if we want to stop the destruction of the remnants of the last generation's middle class.
Despite what you might read in the Wall Street Journal or see on Fox News, capitalism is not an economic system that produces a middle class. In fact, if left to its own devices, capitalism tends towards vast levels of inequality and monopoly. The natural and most stable state of capitalism actually looks a lot like the Victorian England depicted in Charles Dickens' novels.

At the top there is a very small class of superrich. Below them, there is a slightly larger, but still very small, "middle" class of professionals and mercantilists - doctor, lawyers, shop-owners - who help keep things running for the superrich and supply the working poor with their needs. And at the very bottom there is the great mass of people - typically over 90 percent of the population - who make up the working poor. They have no wealth - in fact they're typically in debt most of their lives - and can barely survive on what little money they make.
So, for average working people, there is no such thing as a middle class in "normal" capitalism. Wealth accumulates at the very top among the elites, not among everyday working people. Inequality is the default option.

You can see this trend today in America. When we had heavily regulated and taxed capitalism in the post-war era, the largest employer in America was General Motors, and they paid working people what would be, in today's dollars, about $50 an hour with benefits. Reagan began deregulating and cutting taxes on capitalism in 1981, and today, with more classical "raw capitalism," what we call "Reaganomics," or "supply side economics," our nation's largest employer is WalMart and they pay around $10 an hour.
This is how quickly capitalism reorients itself when the brakes of regulation and taxes are removed - this huge change was done in less than 35 years.
The only ways a working-class "middle class" can come about in a capitalist society are by massive social upheaval - a middle class emerged after the Black Plague in Europe in the 14th century - or by heavily taxing the rich.

French economist Thomas Piketty has talked about this at great length in his groundbreaking new book, Capital in the Twenty-First Century. He argues that the middle class that came about in Western Europe and the United States during the mid-twentieth was the direct result of a peculiar set of historical events.

According to Piketty, the post-World War II middle class was created by two major things: the destruction of European inherited wealth during the war and higher taxes on the rich, most of which were rationalized by the war. This brought wealth and income at the top down, and raised working people up into a middle class.

Piketty is right, especially about the importance of high marginal tax rates and inheritance taxes being necessary for the creation of a middle class that includes working-class people. Progressive taxation, when done correctly, pushes wages down to working people and reduces the incentives for the very rich to pillage their companies or rip off their workers. After all, why take another billion when 91 percent of it just going to be paid in taxes?

This is the main reason why, when GM was our largest employer and our working class were also in the middle class, CEOs only took home 30 times what working people did. The top tax rate for all the time America's middle class was created was between 74 and 91 percent. Until, of course, Reagan dropped it to 28 percent and working people moved from the middle class to becoming the working poor.

Other policies, like protective tariffs and strong labor laws also help build a middle class, but progressive taxation is the most important because it is the most direct way to transfer money from the rich to the working poor, and to create a disincentive to theft or monopoly by those at the top.

History shows how important high taxes on the rich are for creating a strong middle class.

If you compare a chart showing the historical top income tax rate over the course of the twentieth century with a chart of income inequality in the United States over roughly the same time period, you'll see that the period with the highest taxes on the rich - the period between the Roosevelt and Reagan administrations - was also the period with the lowest levels of economic inequality.

You'll also notice that since marginal tax rates started to plummet during the Reagan years, income inequality has skyrocketed.

Even more striking, during those same 33 years since Reagan took office and started cutting taxes on the rich, income levels for the top 1 percent have ballooned while income levels for everyone else have stayed pretty much flat.

Coincidence? I think not.

Creating a middle class is always a choice, and by embracing Reaganomics and cutting taxes on the rich, we decided back in 1980 not to have a middle class within a generation or two. George H.W. Bush saw this, and correctly called it "Voodoo Economics." And we're still in the era of Reaganomics - as President Obama recently pointed out, Reagan was a successful revolutionary.

This, of course, is exactly what conservatives always push for. When wealth is spread more equally among all parts of society, people start to expect more from society and start demanding more rights. That leads to social instability, which is feared and hated by conservatives, even though revolutionaries and liberals like Thomas Jefferson welcome it.

And, as Kirk and Buckley predicted back in the 1950s, this is exactly what happened in the 1960s and '70s when taxes on the rich were at their highest. The Civil Rights movement, the women's movement, the consumer movement, the anti-war movement, and the environmental movement - social movements that grew out of the wealth and rising expectations of the post-World War II era's middle class - these all terrified conservatives. Which is why ever since they took power in 1980, they've made gutting working people out of the middle class their number one goal.

We now have a choice in this country. We can either continue going down the road to oligarchy, the road we've been on since the Reagan years,
or we can choose to go on the road to a more pluralistic society with working class people able to make it into the middle class. We can't have both.

And if we want to go down the road to letting working people back into the middle class, it all starts with taxing the rich.
The time is long past due for us to roll back the Reagan tax cuts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back