Politics, Politics, Politics

you will never see it in black and white like you trumpies seem to need...but more than enough said to....

Russia's Tillerson praise underscores debate over Trump pick

Donald Trump’s pick of ExxonMobil chief Rex Tillerson for secretary of state won quick praise from a key foreign policy adviser to Russian President Vladimir Putin, evoking concerns the president-elect’s critics have raised about whether he will be too accommodating toward Moscow.

Exxon’s chief executive officer is a “very great professional in his sphere” who is “well-known to Russian officials and was actively engaged in business cooperation,” Yuri Ushakov, a former ambassador to the U.S. who’s one of Putin’s closest aides on foreign policy, told reporters Tuesday in Moscow.
Ushakov’s comments add to statements made in recent days by Putin advisers and aides. Sergei Markov, a consultant to Putin’s staff, on Sunday called Trump’s emerging Cabinet a “fantastic team” filled with “people that Russia can do business with.” Tillerson’s possible elevation would be a “sensation,‘ said Alexei Pushkov, a member of the defense and security committee of parliament’s upper house.
http://www.standard.net/World/2016/...son-praise-underscores-debate-over-Trump-pick

There are a lot of Dems right now who are celebrating Conor Lamb's apparent victory in the Pennsylvania special election, but assuming he is certified as the winner, keep in mind that this election was between two Republicans. Every position that I've heard that Lamb takes, Trump takes the same position. Lamb did not mention Trump at all during his campaign. He promised to work with Trump if he won. It's what anyone could expect from an election in rural Penn.

I predict that tomorrow morning, should Lamb win, Trump will tweet praise and compliments about him, which he would never do for any election winner whom he didn't think would tow his line.

Dems need to be careful on this "Blue Wave" stuff...the recent Texas election was lost; the only thing Democratic about Lamb is the "D" after his name; and the only reason the Republicans lost in Alabama was because Roy Moore was a patently horrific candidate.

got to agree there...Lamb is not a true Dem....but does send a statement...in a way against trump....Lamb does follow a lot of republican policies which is worry some....but it is one more vote for impeachment....or so the thinking goes
as for Texas...way to many rednecks....even though Houston and Austin appear to be blue areas.....Texas has a lot left very red...2 of the texas newspapers before the election ....were against trump and that rarely happens against a republican and put out a lot of info...trump still won there

the nice thing about it though...the blue wave has to be making the right nervous...even the cock bro.s are taking note...hope they keep it up all the way through the midterms

I try to limit any serious discussion on politics to serious people

I'm sure you rate trump as quality pres also!
I have walked door to door...handed out flyers...made phone calls...wrote letters all over the years...I take politics very serious....and just don't care for people that politics is just something to enrich their own personal wealth
to that extent I take politics VERY serious!

Last edited:
Last night I had a discussion regarding issues that are legal, or illegal in the United States. One of the discussions led to the legality of marijuana.

So... this guy was telling me that one of the reasons of the original marijuana ban was to prevent black men from providing it to white women: Didn't want white women getting stoned and sexy with a black man.

Anyone ever heard this? Or... would you say BS??

Premier Philippe Couillard has confirmed budget day in Quebec will be on March 27th — and one of the government’s main priorities will be tackling the province’s debt.

The premier and Finance Minister Carlos Leitao announced Wednesday morning that starting next year, the government will take $10 billion out of the province’s Generations Fund over the next five years to help pay down the province’s debt.

The idea is to save roughly $1 billion in interest payments on the debt — money the premier says would be spent instead on services at home.

Last year, interest payments alone on the provincial debt were about $15 billion. In recent years, the Couillard Liberals have managed to get spending under control and balance the books.

The premier touted the announcement as historic — and a result of the government’s responsible management of the economy over the last four years.

He also announced Quebec is no longer the most indebted province in Canada — though Quebec still has the largest debt per person of any province.

As of March 2017, Quebec’s debt was at $203 billion, or roughly 52 per cent of its gross domestic product. Ontario’s is larger, at $312 billion, but it has one-and-a-half times more people and its economy is larger.

Quebecers can expect lots more spending in the upcoming budget. Couillard and Leitao say the health care budget will be increased by 4.5 per cent — or another $38 billion.

The province has also pledged to subsidize 5,800 more daycare spaces, and it’s likely there’ll be money put toward the long-awaited extension of the metro’s Blue Line to Anjou.

Don’t expect any personal tax relief in the next budget, though — the government’s tax relief measures for this year were announced in November’s economic update.

-With files from CTV Montreal

http://www.iheartradio.ca/cjad/news...eduction-in-next-budget-on-march-27-1.3688819

U.S. special counsel subpoenas Trump Organization for documents: NYT
Reuters

U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller has subpoenaed the Trump Organization for documents, including some related to Russia, the New York Times reported on Thursday, citing two people briefed on the matter.
U.S. stock prices fell on the report, with the S&P 500 reaching session lows, while the dollar slipped against the euro and yen and yields on U.S. government debt moved lower.
Details of the subpoena were not available, the New York Times reported, but it was the first known time Mueller demanded materials directly related to U.S. President Donald Trump’s businesses.
A Trump Organization spokeswoman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Mueller is investigating Russian attempts to influence the 2016 presidential election, and potential collusion by Trump aides. Russia has denied U.S. intelligence agencies' conclusion that it meddled in the election and Trump has said there was no collusion with Moscow.
Mueller has charged several Trump associates and more than a dozen Russians

Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller, declined to comment on the Times report.
Witnesses interviewed by Mueller have been asked about a possible real estate deal in Moscow, although the Trump Organization has denied having any real estate holdings in Russia, the Times reported.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-specia...rump-organization-russia-other-182237859.html

well i'll be damned...to little to late to save his traitor ass though

U.S. issues broad Russian sanctions citing NotPetya attack and Internet Research Agency meddling
Taylor Hatmaker,TechCrunch

In a surprisingly robust reprimand for the Trump administration, the U.S. Treasury Department issued a set of sanctions Thursday citing interference in the 2016 election as part of a broader pattern of hostile actions undertaken by the Russian government against U.S. interests. The sanctions followed U.S. joint statements denouncing the Russian government's suspected attack on former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his ******* Yulia Skripal using a chemical nerve agent known as Novichok in Salisbury, England.
In a wide-ranging statement addressing "the ongoing nefarious attacks emanating from Russia" the U.S. Treasury condemned not only the recent poisoning attempt but also "malign Russian cyber activity, including their attempted interference in U.S. elections, destructive cyber-attacks, and intrusions targeting critical infrastructure," according to a statement from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that accompanied the sanctions.
"These targeted sanctions are a part of a broader effort to address the ongoing nefarious attacks emanating from Russia," Mnuchin said. "Treasury intends to impose additional CAATSA sanctions, informed by our intelligence community, to hold Russian government officials and oligarchs accountable for their destabilizing activities by severing their access to the U.S. financial system.”

The sanctions also address Russia's role in 2017's NotPetya cyberattack, a massively destructive global malware effort that first appeared to be ransomware. Security researchers determined that NotPetya's true aims were sowing mass chaos in target countries by disrupting airports, banks and industrial targets including radiation monitoring systems. "The Russian military, of which the GRU is a part, was also directly responsible for the NotPetya cyber-attack in 2017," the Treasury Department stated decisively.
The sanctions also cite other Russian efforts to penetrate U.S. critical infrastructure systems — a threat that the federal government has made efforts to bolster its resources to defend against. In 2017, the Department of Homeland Security expanded that critical infrastructure designation to include election databases and voting machines.
Remarkably, the new U.S. sanctions target many of the same organizations and individuals named in recent indictments by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, including the Internet Research Agency which "tampered with, altered, or caused a misappropriation of information with the purpose or effect of interfering with or undermining election processes and institutions." To date, the Trump administration has been largely dismissive of Mueller, who continues to lead a far-reaching investigation into meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-issues-broad-russian-sanctions-172716378.html

I would bet the cock bro.s are spending a bunch here

Why the GOP is spending so much money on Wisconsin’s Senate race, explained

The past decade has been a slow-motion Republican conquest of Wisconsin. Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s party now holds all but one of the statewide elected offices. Walker has radically diminished the power of organized labor. He overhauled welfare and imposed voter ID restrictions. The exclamation point for Republican rule in Wisconsin was Donald Trump’s victory, when he became the first Republican to carry the state since 1984. Now, Walker’s party has one last move to seize total control — take out Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin in her first reelection campaign this fall. Baldwin is the most prominent progressive left in the state, and Republican dollars are already pouring in to defeat her. ...
Read more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e38c0c1e-9382-394b-b1bd-c6422d0d400f/ss_why-the-gop-is-spending-so.html

Don't be fooled these Republicans are as racist as they come!...except for the trumpies...they just to stupid to know they are being duped!

U.S.Tennessee Republicans block resolution condemning neo-Nazis
thinkprogress.org 8 hours ago

2d7edb381eb7ec92ce0aadb71f9a4e5f

Republicans in the Tennessee House of Representatives have shot down a resolution that would have condemned white nationalists and neo-Nazism. House Joint Resolution 583 was filed by Representative John Ray Clemmons (D-Nashville) in the wake of the Unite the Right rally, where one counter-protester was killed by white nationalist James Alex Fields Jr. The motion stated that “recent tragic events have proven that white nationalism and neo-Nazism remain very real threats to social and racial progress” and asked the house to “strongly denounce and oppose the totalitarian impulses, violent terrorism… and bigoted ideologies that are promoted by white nationalists and neo-Nazis.” It also urged law ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/f9198c...f526b0644/ss_tennessee-republicans-block.html

The funny thing about freedom of speech is that is is hypocritical to support NFL players kneeling, as is their right, and to oppose another group, no matter how distasteful, from expressing their freedom of speech. You either support freedom of speech and expression, or you don't. You really don't get to support it with just those you agree with.

You really don't get to support it with just those you agree with.

Ok...what the hell you trying to say?...I talk to people I agree with...AND I talk to people I don't agree with
but I'm not going to carry on a conversation with someone I feel is looking down their nose at me and making......insinuating comments!
you want to discuss something fine...you know I am very biased to the left......so just consider that when you want to make a comment
say whatever you want...free country...free speech...hell I even carry on with "blklump".....make fun of him for never saying anything...but still talk to him

and there are a couple on here I think we have just burned each other out on complete existence...or something like that...no love lost anyway...but I still talk to them if they direct something to me or the conversation is open
unlike a lot of people I can get very...irate and nasty and pissed....but I never hold a grudge and just blow it off

Last edited:
got to agree there...Lamb is not a true Dem....but does send a statement...in a way against trump....Lamb does follow a lot of republican policies which is worry some....but it is one more vote for impeachment....or so the thinking goes
as for Texas...way to many rednecks....even though Houston and Austin appear to be blue areas.....Texas has a lot left very red...2 of the texas newspapers before the election ....were against trump and that rarely happens against a republican and put out a lot of info...trump still won there

the nice thing about it though...the blue wave has to be making the right nervous...even the cock bro.s are taking note...hope they keep it up all the way through the midterms

Well, I just can't resist giving myself a little pat on the back for this one...:rolleyes:

From The Atlantic...

"Trump broke his silence on the election at a private fundraiser for Missouri Senate candidate Josh Hawley Wednesday night, telling a crowd of donors that Lamb had run “a pretty smart race, actually,” according to an audio recording of the remarks obtained by The Atlantic. Democrat Conor Lamb defeated Republican Rick Saccone in a district Trump won by nearly 20 points in 2016.

“The young man last night that ran, he said, ‘Oh, I’m like Trump. Second Amendment, everything. I love the tax cuts, everything.’ He ran on that basis,” Trump said. “He ran on a campaign that said very nice things about me. I said, ‘Is he a Republican? He sounds like a Republican to me.’”

As far as impeachment, two things, first, I really don't believe Lamb would vote to impeach, as a vote to do that will really separate the true patriots from the "blue dog" dems, and second, the best the House can do is vote to impeach, while the Senate (which certainly looks like it will remain in Republican control) is the only body who can remove Trump. If he doesn't resign for some reason, and assuming a sitting president cannot be indicted, or if a president can pardon himself (which he may very well be able to legally do), we will be stuck with him until 2020 at least.

Back