Politics, Politics, Politics

.....Oh my, spoken like a true, selfish conservative. You guys learn those canned railroad speeches and that's automatically what rolls off your tongue when tax cuts and tax increases are mentioned. I guess it helps in having to avoid really thinking about the issues. Obviously, a start (with your belief) would be to better educate our society. No doubt that would help prepare more unemployed/under-employed with the right jobs needed for the future. Unfortunately, your Republicans are cutting funding to public education, and instead pushing the voucher/private sector. They know that's not feasible for many poor families, but they don't give a rats ass about poor families. This talk of "helping" the poor is all BS to a party that says we want to reduce government funding/entitlements to a point that it can be drowned in a bathtub. You, unfortunately do NOT take them serious here ... when they say they want to drown it in a bathtub, that's exactly what they want to do ... NO Entitlements, NO government assistant programs, nothing. Didn't they already show their intentions with their awesome Republican Health Plan they promised ... their awesome Tax Cut for the poor they promised? But you guys just keep going back to the trough time and again to get yet another bag of their BS feedings.
.....Republicans in Washington have no concerns for their tax payers in their states, THAT'S why so many Republican run states rank at the bottom for health care, income, jobs, etc etc. We've had this discussion hundreds of times, TwoBi ... and you keep crying about welfare babies and lazy poor people. Many of them now were placed there with those awesome past "tax cuts for the poor & middleclass" and "jobs, jobs, jobs" programs. Just keep sucking up that Republican KoolAid. If you have a productive lower class, who will use their earned incomes to buy appliances, furniture, cars, even "health care" .... you'd see things turn around. This country runs on REVENUE, TwoBi .... if the lower income earners don't have it, it has to come from those who have been blessed & enjoy the fruits of labor and the PROTECTION of the government to allow them to earn those incomes. Why is it that the United States spends more on its military than the NEXT 10 countries (including Russia & China) added together ... tell me that? Why can congressmen use the tax payers dime to take their families on vacations?
.....The thing is, you have been brain washed to believe that if they're not working they're lazy ... that the poor pay no taxes, etc ... that's not necessarily true, and in fact is often not the case. No jobs, bad health, dependent responsibilities, etc ... Also, if it were true, Republicans would be pushing to upgrade the educational system instead of pounding billions of education dollars down the Military rat hole. And the poor workers DO pay taxes, and you damn well know that ... that's totally BS rightwing talk. The ones who are living off the country are the wealthiest ... including your dearly selected President Trump, who's got money stashed around the globe to avoid taxes on it. The real bandits to our society are those who encourage ($$$$$) our elected officials to pass legislation that favors THEM ... and fuck the poor.
.....Pull your head out of the ground ... might help to see what's really going on. By the time Mueller gets done, there may be no Republicans in office at all ... LOL ... bunch of frik'n thieves.

It's not the responsibility for the Federal government to take care of you, no matter how much you want them to tuck you in at night, it's not their job. It's also not their job to create jobs. Their job is to uphold the constitution, provide national security, and make sure the playing field is level for capitalism to flourish. The corruption politician in our government needs to go, not the republican. Your just another angry liberal that thinks the world owns them something and it's all the republicans fault because you don't get it.

No, I don't think that if your not working then your lazy, just another typical assumption from an angry liberal. There a lots of reason why someone may not be working, but there are very few reason for someone to remain unemployed, Big difference.
If you think their are "No Jobs" then you are more disconnected than I thought. No Jobs in your area does not mean no jobs in the entire country. Every business in my area is hiring - EVERY ONE. In my area unemployment is 2.5% That number don't include the elderly, disabled or the handicap. That number only includes those that file for unemployment benefits. The entire 8 years of Obama, our unemployment hovered around 6.5% - you do the math.

It's the left that takes advantage of the poor Mac, look around, you know, keep them voting democrat for the next 200 years. Who was it that said that? I don't know of a single social program that will help a working family - do you? Most, if not all, social programs will cut off your benefits if you gain employment. Make more than 45K a year - no more Obamacare benefits. you pay full price. So the poor's only option is to remain poor, no help for those that want to climb out of poverty. I still remember the Lady in New York that took a night job so she could pay her way through a tech school to learn a skill so she could better her employment. You probably don't remember this nation wide story because it doesn't fit your agenda - but anyways, Social services came in and took her ******* away and stopped all benefits. She was told the only way to get her ******* back was to quit her job and drop out of school. The Democrats suck the life out of people, convince them they can not succeed because they are white trash or because they are black and they must rely on the government to provide for them. Yep, sound like the Democrats really want to help. The only failing school systems i see are inner city schools, ones that are run by Democrats. Why is it that the schools in my district (Republican run) are doing good and yet the neighboring city, much larger than mine with far more revenue, had to close schools this winter because the schools had no heat? Probably wouldn't have anything to do to the fact that a democrat is in charge over there and the federal money he has been getting helped pay for his swimming pool and Porsche he purchased last summer, Nah that wouldn't be the case - right?

Give me a break Mac, all your bitching above is just that - bitching. You type a lot of words but say very little. Just point the finger and hyper-boil.
You see, I don't just follow the bullshit on TV and Memes on the internet - I look and see what is actually going on in my area and places I travel to. That is where you really see the truth.

Last edited:
It's also not their job to create jobs
isn't that what all these tax cuts are about?
pretty sure that's what they said they were doing!

Their job is to uphold the constitution, provide national security, and make sure the playing field is level for capitalism to flourish.
doesn't seem that they are doing any of that!
for one their voter laws?...national security...what have they done about the election meddling...nothing that I know...playing field level...sure like the latest tax cuts!
The economy improves when the middle class has money and spends it...not when they are paying taxes to make up for what the rich are not paying

I could go on...but you are to brainwashed into the right wing fantasies you try to push!
that's the problem with this country...you actually believe that ******* you are spouting

1.jpg

Last edited:
a 1967 study on unrest in America showed that poverty and racism was a major cause...
since then it has INCREASED!

what would that mean?....need more tax breaks for the rich?

The last smart democrat said...
"..an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough jobs or enough profits."
John F Kennedy.

The rest of them, no so smart...

"You didn't build that"
Obama

"every month we don't have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans loose their job"
Pelosi

"Don't let anybody tell you it's businesses and corporations that create jobs"
Hillary

DXAIETMVwAE5zbR.jpg

isn't that what all these tax cuts are about?
pretty sure that's what they said they were doing!

doesn't seem that they are doing any of that!
for one their voter laws?...national security...what have they done about the election meddling...nothing that I know...playing field level...sure like the latest tax cuts!
The economy improves when the middle class has money and spends it...not when they are paying taxes to make up for what the rich are not paying

I could go on...but you are to brainwashed into the right wing fantasies you try to push!
that's the problem with this country...you actually believe that ******* you are spouting

View attachment 1731924

liberals support mass uncontrolled immigration to get their votes and lower wages so people will be more dependent on the government

DemocratsAre Better Than Republicans

1.Historical data from up to 70 years

1.Debt and Deficit. In the past 17 Presidential terms , nine were GOP led and eight Democratic. Of nine GOP Presidents, six added to debt/GDP and deficit/GDP as a percent. The only three that did not, had a Democratic House and Senate. Of eight Democrats, each one, reduced deficit/GDP and debt/GDP as a percent. That is 66 years of rhetoric of fiscal responsibility with zero net results for GOP. What makes matters even worse, is the fact that the president who added a historical 20.7% to the debt has one unique aspect of his presidency– President G. W. Bush had a GOP majority House and Senate.

2.Spending. The Republican Party often talks about financial responsibility, but did you know that since 1978-2011, spending has gone up 9.9% under Democrats versus 12.1% under GOP .

3.Federal Debt. Republicans love to tell us how they will not close tax loopholes on millionaires and billionaires, yet never bring to our attention that from 1978-2011 debt went up 4.2% under Democrats versus 36.4% under the GOP.

4. GDP. The only thing that the Democrats have a higher numerical yield than the GOP led administrations, is the GDP. It’s a good thing to have it at 12.6%versus a GOP 10.7%. From 1960 to 2005 the gross domestic product measured in year-2000 dollars rose an average of $165 billion a year under Republican presidents and $212 billion a year under Democrats.

5. Big Government. Federal spending (aka “big government”):It has gone up an average of about $50 billion a year under presidents of both parties. But that breaks down as $35 billion a year under Democratic presidents and $60 billion under Republicans. If you assume that it takes a year for a president’s policies to take effect, Democrats have raised spending by $40 billion a year and Republicans by $55 billion.

6. Federal Deficit. Under Republican presidents since 1960, the federal deficit has averaged$131 billion a year. Under Democrats, that figure is $30 billion. In an average Republican year, the deficit has grown by $36 billion. In the average Democratic year it has shrunk by $25 billion.

7.National Debt. The national debt has gone up more than $200 billion a year under Republican presidents and less than $100 billion a year under Democrats.

8. Inflation and Unemployment. Democratic presidents have a better record on inflation (averaging 3.13 percent compared with 3.89 percent for Republicans) and on unemployment (5.33percent versus 6.38 percent). Unemployment went down in the average Democratic year, up in the average Republican one.

Outcome: Based on the data, Democrats have had a much more successful run when it comes to economy, job creation, debt and deficit, and shockingly, even spending.

Plain facts, but what about the qualitative data. Let’s look at some of the best aspects of economy, and drill-down to specific presidencies to see which one added what to the economy. I look at the pivotal economic factors and researched which president added:
1. Greatest gross domestic product (GDP) growth?
2. Biggest jobs increase?
3. Bes tafter-tax personal disposable income rise?
4. Highest industrial production growth?
5. The lowest Misery Index, which is inflation plus unemployment?
6. The lowest inflation?
7.The largest federal budget deficit reduction?

There answers are, if you are done guessing? Okay , here are the answers:1. Clinton; 2. Truman; 3. Carter; 4. Johnson; 5. Kennedy; 6. Truman;7. Truman; 8. Clinton.

Outcome: It is also a Democratic sweep.
So, now you are thinking two things. One, this does not mean too much because it takes time for a President’s policies to come into effect and two, what about Obama since this is all in the past?

To address our first question, I gathered this information: First, the analyses presented above took into account the transition time to for policies to kick-in and factored in relative adjustments. Plus, I find it hard to believe that it was just a fluke a that six of nine GOP Presidents failed in terms of GDP and Debt, and not even one of eight Democrats did. So I wanted to look at GOP Presidents that followed at least two GOP terms and Democratic Presidents that followed at least two Democratic terms. Here is the verdict: Truman, who followed two Democratic terms and still succeeded in all areas of economy, while Bush senior, who followed two Republican terms still added to debt and deficit through excessive spending.

Outcome: This highlights an interesting point that somehow Democrats who follow Democrats still out perform economically, and Republicans who followed GOP presidents somehow still failed to perform in absence of policies of the other party impacting them anymore.

Now, the second part, Obama. So, some people who supported him in 2008 are fed up a little. He shows no leadership in the face of stiff tea party politics. But here is the truth about the man who promised you to pass the health career form, who promised you to repeal Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, who promised you that, while it will take time, he will slow down economic failure and he promised you that he will do everything to keep manufacturing jobs in the US. In his defense, he did all of that and then some.

He passed the Health Care Reform Act. He repealed the discriminatory DADT policy. Since he has become president, he has already created more net jobs in his first two years than Bush administration did in 8 years altogether. While GDP growth is slow, it has been positive now for 8 straight quarters since the stimulus was passed, which also worked. Not to mention, Obama inherited an economy in a wreck where the GDP had fallen to over 8.8 percent, the banking industry has just collapsed, two wars were going on for about seven years, and above all, he took over from a President who had raised the debt ceiling a historic, record six times while taking a 53% debt at the beginning of his first term and transforming it into an 84% by the end. According to my research, the Obama administration added more jobs to the economy than eight years of the former President Bush did. The GDP has now been positive for 8straight quarters bouncing from a negative 8.8%.

Obama extended Bush bailouts and bailed out the auto industry because many US jobs were at risk and our auto industry was soon to become foreign at the hands of global buy outs. Well, this past May, Chrysler paid off its loans . The American auto industry is still American, those jobs in the Mid West still exist.
Obama, despite the roughest opposition that any president has faced, still did all he promised. But, here is an eye-opening compilation on more: See what else Obama has done. Also, I must include the fact that we have half as many troops in Iraq, a 2014 plan to be out of Afghanistan, and Osama bin Laden is dead. You don’t need a hyperlink for that, do you? Oh, and he also became the first president ever to have to deal with a distraction of proving, through his birth certificate, that he is an American.

I would like to make one more really important point here because a lot of Republicans often cite their desire to vote for GOP candidates despite their stiff opposition to social and civil freedoms in exchange of offering small government. It is a fact that as Americans we are living in the time of the smallest government in half a century. We are paying the lowest taxes, some of the largest free-trade agreements, and a proposal to pay even lower corporate taxes, small business reliefs, and to lower income taxes down from 6.2% offered by President Bush to 3.2%proposed by Obama and the democrats. It is even mentioned in a post at FOX News.

Outcome: The Obama administration has done everything they promised to do when elected, socially and economically. Democrats have failed to improve the economy but have been very successful in creating jobs and avoiding further economic slip. Actually, this administration has now added over three million jobs in 23 straight months of positive employment gains. 2010 and2011 also mark the first years since 1997 to see positive gains in manufacturing jobs, as shown in this interactive graph. Additionally, March 2012 marks the month in which the Nasdaq hit 3,000 mark for the first time since dot-com bubble. The Dow Jones hit 13,000 for the first time, growing at 63% under Obama which is the fifth best for any president, and the S&P 500 hit 1,400 for the first time since2008 showing a remarkable economic recovery on the free-floating capital indexes.

Living standard review of GOP vs. Democratic states

Finally, it’s not fair to highlight just money issues. How about the living standards? None of us desire to live in poverty, food scarcity, without health insurance or earn below a minimum wage.

The worst standards of living are in states that have Republican legislatures. One can argue that it is just that the poor in the deep South that vote a GOP heavy legislature, but when coupled with all the economic statistics listed above, that argument starts to appear very vulnerable. These conservative states have highest poverty levels despite having all GOP fiscal policies in place, for example:
◾Poverty. Not even one liberal state has over an 18% poverty rate –six GOP states including Texas do.
◾Labor Abuse. Not even one liberal state has over 8% of its population being abused through earning lower than minimum wage, but nine GOPstates do including Texas.
◾Food Insecurity. Not even one liberal state has over 17% of its population living “food insecure.” Four conservative states do,including Texas.
◾Healthcare Access. Not even one liberal state has over 20% of population living without health insurance but four GOP states do, again, including Texas.

This study highlights how a huge population of Texans live under an extreme poverty-stricken climate earning below minimum wage, without health insurance access, and without access to daily food while being abused as workers.

Outcome: While GOP policies seem exciting in rhetoric, when given full liberty to implement them through a Republican controlled legislature like the one in the southern states, they are very ineffective. When Democratic financial policies are given full freedom of being implemented, like in the liberal states, they have been much more effective.

I already explained the GOP vs Democrats on social issues , through which we understand some fundamental differences such as democrats wanting to legalize gay marriage while GOP candidates run clinics to cure gays, GOP candidates working on legislation to criminalize gays and ban gay marriage, GOP legislation to outlaw Islam, and so on and so forth. But, about economic report, here is a recap and conclusion.
1.GOP Presidents have failed, Democrats have not. Historically over last six decades, Democrats have been consistently successful economically, while six of nine Republicans have failed. Keeping in mind the argument that policies of previous administrations haunt the following, the Democrat Truman that followed two Democratic terms still reduced debt and deficit, the Republican, Bush senior, that followed two Republican terms, still added to both.
2. GOP States have lowest living standards, Democratic states do not.
3.Obama has done what he promised and the economy is getting better. It is just hard to climb out of a financial black hole overnight. He still created more jobs than lost, delivered eight straight positive GDP quarters, and the debt that was growing at $3.65 trillion over four years, is now slowed down to about $1.6 trillion. You were not expecting him to change the economy overnight; I know I was not.
4.The GOP offers rhetoric, Democrats offer plans. I will really back this one for you through solid examples. Remember the debt crisis? Democrats took into account an earlier GOP report in which the GOP stated that the most optimum for economic growth is a deficit reduction plan that has an 85-15 split between cuts and revenues. Democrats offered an 83-17 with $6 in cuts for just $1 in return in tax loophole expiration on millionaires and billionaires. It was a mammoth $4 trillion debt reduction offer. The GOP walked away from it, and failed to offer an alternative. Similarly, remember Heathcare reform? Democrats took a major step by offering a plan under which most Americans would be covered, people would be allowed to stay on parents’ insurance after college graduation, insurance companies will no longer be able to increase cost or drop people after an illness, neither will they be able to refuse insurance to people with a preexisting condition. The GOP is currently running on an agenda to repeal that. The GOP alternative? It does not exist.

5.Democrats are willing to sacrifice, the GOP has evolved into a party of “Always No”. The shared Retirement Sacrifice Act of 2011 ,which would require lawmakers to wait until the age of 66 to collect their pensions and take a pay cut has been introduced by an Ohio Democrat. Her logic is that congress should also take a pay cut and delayed retirement like other Americans do. Do you know why her simple bill is not passing? The GOP has it blocked. Additionally, as the Democrats fight to raise the age and reduce benefits for themselves and their GOP peers, Rep. John Fleming (LA), a republican responded to a proposed tax loophole expiration on millionaires and billionaires by saying that “by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over.” Thus, fighting against another democratic plan.
6. Democrats reform, GOP wants to take a step back without reform. Last election Democrats offered ideas that would alter the future such as Healthcare reform, the repeal of don’t ask don’t tell, creation of anti-discriminatory laws, Postal Services Reform which is happening right now, lower taxes on small businesses ,tax write-offs on first 104K paid in employee salary for large businesses, and increase education funding to keep America’s edge. Have you notices the GOP platform this year? It has been: Repeal Healthcare reform, repeal the end of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, ban gay marriage, ban building of Islamic religious institutions, block tax reform on millionaires and billionaires, block the jobs act, block deficit reduction plans, abolish the Department of Education, and abolish the EPA. Do you notice a trend? It’s a step back through repeal without alternatives or abolishing of institutions without an alternative plan.

Certainly, I understand these are politics, and all GOP donations come from big businesses but to letting America’s credit rating fall to protect millionaires and billionaires just because the election is on the horizon is probably not the best approach for America. While a Democratic donation averages $69 and comes from every day Americans, GOP donations average large sums from huge lobby groups and in order to be competitive the GOP has to protect its interests.

But at the end of the day, we hire politicians not to win but to make America succeed. I want you to take these facts into account, remember, you are the CEO and you have a choice to make. I exhort you to make that choice keeping our social freedoms and financial facts into account.

I exhort you to educate yourself. When the GOP tells you that they want to lower taxes on millionaires and billionaires and cut education funding and corporate regulations to help the economy grow, understand that capitalism is not pro-business, it is pro-consumer. Businesses thrive with regulation and demand it. Understand that the GOP wants to cut educational funding because we see a direct link between higher education and an increase in more liberal voting patterns. Please understand that tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires do not funnel into an economic spur, as one of the best investors Warren Buffet, who saved GE, Goldman Sachs, and now the Bank of America from a colossal collapse explains
I have presented you past data, current policies, poverty statistics, and current party agendas. I wanted to just ask myself one last litmus test question. What have GOP and Democratic states added to America to see what kind of societies GOP versus Democratic governments create? If GOP economics really work, then we should see them work in states where we vote GOP legislatures and vice versa for Democratic states.

From the entertainment industry based in California to IT in Silicon Valley, each one of the Ivy League schools to Health Care and Life Sciences industry based in Philadelphia-NJ area, from banking based in NYC to the services hub in Boston, and all the way down to high-tech in Seattle, almost allof America’s progress comes from liberal states. But what is even more shocking is that a lot of southern progress happened in places like Atlanta, with large telecommunications’ industry development post 1996 Olympics, where about majority of Atlanta’s population is liberal and ascends from the north east. The truth is, this alone is a litmus test. Democrats have financially outperformed GOP governments economically and are offering actual plans as opposed to simple repeal ideas. Republicans have carved societies that are drastically behind in economic, living standards, or academic progress.

Yep, sound like the Democrats really want to help. The only failing school systems i see are inner city schools, ones that are run by Democrats. Why is it that the schools in my district (Republican run) are doing good and yet the neighboring city, much larger than mine with far more revenue, had to close schools this winter because the schools had no heat? Probably wouldn't have anything to do to the fact that a democrat is in charge over there and the federal money he has been getting helped pay for his swimming pool and Porsche he purchased last summer, Nah that wouldn't be the case - right?

facts are what they are....pound sand somewhere where it might work...republican convention maybe...not here...read above...or to much for you?
as for the inner school system.....surely you know the answer to that and are just playing dumb?

all school systems run on taxes...doesn't matter which party in power....the richer neighborhoods...more taxes...better schools...poorer neighborhoods lower taxes....not so good schools...most districts try to help out the less taxed schools.....but the rich just don't want to help out that much

Last edited:
this guy must be nuts........they can pack up and go elsewhere....taking a lot of money with them...guess he doesn't know that

Georgia's Lieutenant Governor Tells Delta To Give NRA Back Its Discounts, Or Else
Nick Visser,HuffPost

Georgia’s lieutenant governor said on Monday he would work to derail a multimillion-dollar tax cut that would benefit Delta Air Lines unless the company reinstated its relationship with the National Rifle Association.
Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, who also serves as president of the Georgia state Senate, intimated in a tweet he would “******* any tax legislation” as punishment to Delta, which last week said it would end its discount program for members of the NRA. Delta, headquartered in Atlanta, is one of more than a dozen companies that have distanced themselves from the gun lobby following the massacre of 17 people at a Florida high school on Feb. 14.
“Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back,” Cagle, a leading Republican candidate to replace Gov. Nathan Deal, wrote on Monday.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-apos-lieutenant-governor-tells-015536069.html

Odd....
new state standards out...rating each state on standard of living..health care and etc...
number one...Iowa...... number 50 Mississippi...if you look you might see a pattern...especially in the red states!
yes iowa right now has a rep gov..but it rotates a lot...and they are not the hardcore righties...even voted for a republican gov there myself a few times

HH tried to make a big issue a while back about term limits and the right pushing for them.....at the time everyone KNEW that wouldn't pass...it was part of Gingrich's war on America

but a Dem pushes one that makes a lot more sense and treats congress the same as any other retiring worker,,,and the right blocks it!

The shared Retirement Sacrifice Act of 2011 ,which would require lawmakers to wait until the age of 66 to collect their pensions and take a pay cut has been introduced by an Ohio Democrat. Her logic is that congress should also take a pay cut and delayed retirement like other Americans do. Do you know why her simple bill is not passing? The GOP has it blocked.

guess all this just shows.....the right has NO redeeming qualities...they lie they cheat..and steal from America...support perverts...use religion as a phoney third leg of the republican party
they are the epitome of corruption!

why anyone would support them or even claim to be one...let alone defend them just amazes me!

their argument against the facts.....silence...and try to change the subject

Last edited:
Trump Thought the Rules Didn’t Apply—and Now He’s Paying the Price
The Atlantic 5 hours ago

Soon after Donald Trump became president, he began running into a whole set of rules about how government works, like demands that he divest assets or put them in a blind trust, and rules about whether he could hire family members for top jobs. For Trump, who had just won election while disregarding most of the rules of political campaigning, these rules seemed antiquated at best and punitive at worst. The Trump team treated these rules and norms as artifacts of a hidebound and ineffective Washington, obstacles that had kept qualified, inventive people from the business sector out of public service on mere technicalities. The president-elect also clearly viewed the hue and cry of ethics experts—from Norm Eisen and Richard Painter to Walter Shaub—as efforts to delegitimize his presidency. ...

What the last few weeks, and especially the last few days, have brought home is that the rules exist in part to protect the people who are supposed to follow them. Just like your elementary-school teacher told you not to run in the hallways not because she was a martinet but because you’re liable to trip and hurt yourself, ethics rules and norms can help an administration protect itself and the country. This week, the cases of White House senior adviser Jared Kushner and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson show what happens when they aren’t followed

On Tuesday, Politico was the first to report that Kushner would be losing his clearance to view top-secret information. (He can still view information classified secret, a lower level.) Kushner, who is the president’s *******-in-law, has been operating on an interim security clearance since Trump took office, with various issues preventing his obtaining a permanent clearance, including complicated business ties and incomplete early disclosures. CNN reported last week that Kushner was unlikely to receive a permanent clearance until Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe is complete, which is a matter of months if not years. In the aftermath of the Rob Porter fiasco, the White House is cracking down on interim clearances. Until he was ****** to step down as staff secretary amid domestic-abuse allegations, Porter was operating on an interim clearance, even though the FBI had already informed the White House he would not be recommended for clearance.

The Kushner case showcases at least three examples of how deciding to ignore longstanding norms and rules has hurt the Trump White House.
The first is the norm against using interim security clearances indefinitely. It’s common for administrations to use interim clearances, especially early on—the system is notoriously slow, and a president needs staff to function. But the Kushner and Porter cases are unusual, in that in both cases the White House appears to have decided to treat interim clearances as a replacement for permanent clearances that wouldn’t be granted. The mishandling of Porter, including initially standing by him, and then offering an apparently untrue account of steps to get rid of him, was deeply damaging to the White House, and especially to Chief of Staff John Kelly. Indeed, Kelly seems to have been the prime advocate for new rules that scaled back Kushner’s clearance. By taking away his access, the White House is effectively acknowledging that someone who should not have been allowed to see top-secret information did so for more than a year. That’s disturbing as a matter of national security, and politically damaging too.

The second is the norm that people in the White House should divest themselves from business assets because of the potential for conflicts of interest. Trump himself set the standard, handing his business empire over to his sons, but falling short of the usual measure of selling off assets and placing the proceeds in a “blind trust,” which allows an official to keep assets, but also prevents him or her from knowing how they’re being managed, to avoid such considerations weighing on his political decisions. Trump not only didn’t do that; he embraced the conflicts of interest, staying at his resorts as president and offering fundraisers and more at his hotel in D.C.

Kushner, like his *******-in-law the scion of a New York real-estate family, followed suit. Though he divested some assets, he retained many others, and his family continues to control the business. In spring of 2017, Kushner’s sister created a furor by dropping his name during a pitch meeting in China; he said at the time he had divested from the development in question, but actually retained some ties to it.

Why do these conflicts matter? It’s not just the danger that Kushner might enrich himself using his ties in government, though that’s a real issue. (Last year, the Office of Government Ethics recommended that Trump aide Kellyanne Conway be disciplined for using the White House to boost Ivanka Trump’s clothing line.) Tuesday night, The Washington Post added some details on why Kushner had been unable to get a permanent clearance:
Officials in at least four countries have privately discussed ways they can manipulate Jared Kushner, the president’s *******-in-law and senior adviser, by taking advantage of his complex business arrangements, financial difficulties, and lack of foreign policy experience, according to current and former U.S. officials familiar with intelligence reports on the matter.
Among those nations discussing ways to influence Kushner to their advantage were the United Arab Emirates, China, Israel and Mexico, the current and former officials said.​
Rules and norms about conflicts of interest exist because without them, they open the federal government up to manipulation—by domestic interests, and by foreign governments. The Post also reported that Kushner had flouted procedures for ensuring the National Security Council was informed about interactions with foreign officials.

The third norm is against hiring relatives to work in the White House. After John F. Kennedy appointed his brother Robert as attorney general, Congress established laws preventing the president from appointing relatives to certain posts. In the case of Kushner (and his wife, Ivanka Trump), the Trump team circumvented the rules in two ways. First, it pointed to a precedent set by Hillary Clinton that the White House was exempt from the rules, and second, it announced that Kushner would work without pay.
But the question of Kushner’s clearance has pitted him against Kelly, which creates a tense dilemma for Trump. The well-sourced Jonathan Swan reported that Donald Trump Jr. is angry at Kelly for hanging his brother-in-law out to dry, and quoted one official as saying, “Javanka and Kelly are locked in a death match. Two enter. Only one survives.” It’s a battle that pits two aides with little political experience and no accomplishments, one of whom faces serious legal risk from Mueller’s probe, against a chief of staff whose own limitations have become clear, but who has established greater discipline in Trump’s White House than anyone else. For most presidents, this would be a no-brainer: You keep Kelly and let Kushner go. But that’s harder to do when Kushner is your *******-in-law. Once again: The rules are there to protect you, if you’re willing to let them.

A miniature version of this drama is playing out at the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Secretary Ben Carson, who before accepting a nomination said he was unqualified because of lack of experience with housing, relied on his wife, Candy, and *******, Ben Jr., as top advisers, upsetting HUD employees. As The Washington Post reported in January, he was warned by HUD officials about letting Ben Jr. organize an event in Baltimore but did it anyway. On Tuesday, The Guardian reported on a lawsuit from a career staffer who alleges she was demoted after refusing to break the law by approving an expensive redecoration of Carson’s office. Later that day, The New York Times added on, noting that Carson spent $31,000 on a dining set. The enormous spending comes as HUD slashes budgets; Carson has also warned against public housing being too nice. These are all embarrassing stories, which make Carson and the administration look like they are living lavishly on the taxpayer dime at best, and like callous plutocrats at worst. Yet every one of these errors could have been avoided by simply sticking to the rules.

There is an irony to how this is shaking out. The Trump administration decided early on that the rules did not, or ought not to, apply to them, and that the rules were punitive. Slowly, it’s becoming clear that even if you don’t obey the rules, the imperatives that created them don’t go away—and if you ignore those, you may indeed be punished for it.

Another key staffer jumps the Trump ship ...

.....Ahhhh, yet another Communications Director, Hope Hicks, quits after her interview with Mueller ... bummer! Now I guess that leaves the liar talented Sarah Sanders to do all the press lying for the Prezzzz. Hope admits she told lies for the President ... LOL! So Hope is now a professed liar, dating a serial wife beater, and working for a sexual predator who prefers young girls. Bet that shoots a hole in all you Trumpster drones. What I heard in "fake news" is she just got too old for Trump; he prefers them really, really young, right after they finish grade school. Russians got pics I'm sure. gif_yellowball-laughing3.gif
.....Hell, Hope isn't stupid; she's not wanting to get tagged with 'aiding & abetting' Trump, don't blame her. She'd look really tasty to many of the dikes in a women's federal prison, I imagine. Trump better hurry in firing Sessions, as we all know he will, because Mueller has Ivanka & Jared on the list in the next couple weeks. I'll bet both of them will take the 5th. That's ok, the state prisons are just as "nice" ... Jared's butthole will be the size of a Presidential luncheon plate when he gets out of there. gif_YellowBall-laughing6.gif
.....I heard TBS is jousting with AMC to make a TV series out of this administration after the 2018 mid-terms.

Last edited:
Another key staffer jumps the Trump ship ...

.....Ahhhh, yet another Communications Director, Hope Hicks, quits after her interview with Mueller ... bummer! Now I guess that leaves the liar talented Sarah Sanders to do all the press lying for the Prezzzz. Hope admits she told lies for the President ... LOL! So Hope is now a professed liar, dating a serial wife beater, and working for a sexual predator who prefers young girls. Bet that shoots a hole in all you Trumpster drones. What I heard in "fake news" is she just got too old for Trump; he prefers them really, really young, right after they finish grade school. Russians got pics I'm sure. View attachment 1734525
.....Hell, Hope isn't stupid; she's not wanting to get tagged with 'aiding & abetting' Trump, don't blame her. She'd look really tasty to many of the dikes in a women's federal prison, I imagine. Trump better hurry in firing Sessions, as we all know he will, because Mueller has Ivanka & Jared on the list in the next couple weeks. I'll bet both of them will take the 5th. That's ok, the state prisons are just as "nice" ... Jared's butthole will be the size of a Presidential luncheon plate when he gets out of there. View attachment 1734526
.....I heard TBS is jousting with AMC to make a TV series out of this administration after the 2018 mid-terms.
Completely amazed at the extent of Trump Derangement Syndrome - never ending stream of venom - and how people can think so differently - truly is amazing

Completely amazed at the extent of Trump Derangement Syndrome - never ending stream of venom - and how people can think so differently - truly is amazing
... and many of us say the very same thing about the followers of Donald Trump ... never lies ... never cheats ... never exaggerates ... always someone else's fault ... predatory ... doesn't know a rule he won't break ... sexual predator ... dumb as a box of rocks ... yet you folks keep believing in the man .... so, I guess it goes both ways, doesn't it blkdlaur. At least he's the first president to sell the country down the road and launder money ... don't believe that? Hang around another few months.

... and many of us say the very same thing about the followers of Donald Trump ... never lies ... never cheats ... never exaggerates ... always someone else's fault ... predatory ... doesn't know a rule he won't break ... sexual predator ... dumb as a box of rocks ... yet you folks keep believing in the man .... so, I guess it goes both ways, doesn't it blkdlaur. At least he's the first president to sell the country down the road and launder money ... don't believe that? Hang around another few months.
Keep hoping and remember the leftie's chant - maybe the more ya chant it the closer you'll get - don't think ever gonna amount ta a hill o beans though

Back