Interesting article about Joseph Smith

Ok it wasn't exactly like that. Or at least at first. He started off by saying it was needed for purpose of heaven.
Later as to my understanding. Wives were often shared to bare little ones. To bring up the population within the Mormon faith.
Later after Joseph Smith was killed and many of the men of the church were also killed.
Brigham Young became the leader of the faith. Or as they call it the Prophet.
When a wife, lost her husband by what ever means. He would take the widow to another man as his wife. And tell his wife to accept her as a sister

Ok it wasn't exactly like that. Or at least at first. He started off by saying it was needed for purpose of heaven.
Later as to my understanding. Wives were often shared to bare little ones. To bring up the population within the Mormon faith.
Later after Joseph Smith was killed and many of the men of the church were also killed.
Brigham Young became the leader of the faith. Or as they call it the Prophet.
When a wife, lost her husband by what ever means. He would take the widow to another man as his wife. And tell his wife to accept her as a sister
Did he breed other men's wives?
The church today no longer practice Polygamy.
Thanks for the reply

Although Smith wife didn't follow Young. Because she believed that Joseph Smith Jr. Should have been made the Prophet. And they branched off started another church using the Book of Mormon. And I believe that they still practicing polygamy

Allegedly, there’s little evidence that he bore children with anyone’s wife but his own, which would kinda defeat the purpose.

Also, there’s evidence that he asserted that they were married “in eternity” but not “in life and eternity” which meant they, ostensibly, didn’t consummate the union. Which also would defeat the purpose.

His first wife also never agreed. Do with that what you wish 🤷🏾‍♂️

Just read an interesting article about the Mormon founder marrying some women who were already married.
Any more info on this from the Mormon community?
What do you want to know? I've done studies on the Mormon church and the history of it's founder!

Yes Joseph Smith Jr married women who were already married, but no man could touch him because he was not only a popular religious leader, he was also the commander of his own militia! If I can remember I believe his youngest wife was 14.

The power had gone to his head, so when a local newspaper starting calling him out and exposing him he burned them out and ran them out of town which was a violation of the Constitutions 1st Amendment to free press. The governor revoked Joseph Smith status as a commissioned officer and issued a warrant for his arrest for treason.

Once he turned himself in, a mob of good old boys came to lynch him, busted into the police station and his jail cell, and ended up shooting him to death!

Back