Trump lost moving on with new year go Biden

So what makes you think it’s wrong? It’s a bill. As with any other bill that’s awaiting for it to go to the next step, it dies in place when that congressional term ends. In this case, Jan 2021.
It's not a bill. But that wasn't what I was referring to. I should have been more clear. I was referring to your statement regarding the senate about " breaking new ground" or however it was phrased.

The impeachment resolution does not expire at the end of a Congressional term. Whoever was stating that was likely confused with legislative bills. A bill that has not passed both houses of Congress and moved onto the President for signing or veto does expire at the end of the two year congressional term. This happens to thousands of bills every two years.

However impeachment isn't a bill. It is a resolution of the House. It most certainly can be carried over into a following Congress....as evidenced by ole Billy blow jobs from interns Clinton's impeachment. The House impeached Bubba in the 105th Congress on 12/19/1998. The 105th Congress existed in 1997 and 1998. The Senate of the 106th Congress (1999 and 2000) is the body which tried Ole Bubba.
Thanks for the knowledgeable post.

So what makes you think it’s wrong? It’s a bill. As with any other bill that’s awaiting for it to go to the next step, it dies in place when that congressional term ends. In this case, Jan 2021.
Pelosi is no fool. I doubt she would take all this effort to get rid of Trump only for the bill to expire like a cheque does if you do not deposit or cash it in time? And where the result of such incompetence would result in giving the White House back to Trump on a silver platter, if not already? :unsure:

Plus I cited something earlier where it suggests that too:

Last edited:
Pelosi is no fool. I doubt she would take all this effort to get rid of Trump only for the bill to expire like a cheque does if you do not deposit or cash it in time? And where the result of such incompetence would result in giving the White House back to Trump on a silver platter, if not already? :unsure:

Plus I cited smething earlier where it suggests that too:
The impeachment bill does not have an infinite lifetime. The democrats cannot hold onto it and wait til his reelection in 2020 and then charge him.

This is why Pelosi is holding onto it. Waiting til it dies a natural death.

The impeachment bill does not have an infinite lifetime. The democrats cannot hold onto it and wait til his reelection in 2020 and then charge him.

what's so hard to understand.....she is in control right now!....no natural death either

Fuck yeah hopefully this oompa loompa gets kicked out. I know he's not gone yet but maybe I can finally go back to the states when he's gone

Politically I'm on your side. If this impeachment bill blows up in Pelosi's face as you prophecy it is like she is playing chess and falling for the famous 4 move fool's checkmate? That could happen, but I would suspect she must have a Plan B, and or a Plan C or more beneath this somehow? :unsure:

Politically I'm on your side. If this impeachment bill blows up in Pelosi's face as you prophecy it is like she is playing chess and falling for the famous 4 move fool's checkmate? That could happen, but I would suspect she must have a Plan B, and or a Plan C or more beneath this somehow? :unsure:

I think she is quite a bit smarter than trump or syscom….already put trump in place a couple of times......wouldn't surprise me though if she has NO PLAN......it's all about pissing tump off and that part is working

She is smart. She is bottling this up to prevent the Senate from shredding the democrats. I bet she has already told McConnell what her plans are and for help in quashing this stupid move by the radical left.

Actually, she can hold it until January 2020. Unless of course you can prove otherwise. And it isn't a bill.

Actually, she can hold it until January 2020. Unless of course you can prove otherwise. And it isn't a bill.
She can hold them as long as she wants....or until she's no longer the Speaker of the House. Of course holding on to them means she might as well use them to wipe her ass. Until they are officially given to the Senate, the articles are as useless as tits on a boar hog. In an impeachment process, the House fundamentally plays the role of prosecutor and the articles of impeachment are analogous to a prosecutor's indictment. If a prosecutor writes out an indictment but doesn't file it with the court, the accused really isn't functionally indicted and is in no legal jeopardy.

The Senate plays the role of the court who tries the case. Per the constitution, the Senate has the sole power to try the impeachment. Nancy and the House have zero authority to dictate any terms of the trial to the Senate just as a prosecutor in a criminal case doesn't get to dictate terms to the court. They can make motions to the court to request something be done such as calling witnesses. The defense also gets to make motions of their own and make counter arguments to the oppositions motions. These motions will get adjudicated by the court. Don't like the court's decision....tough *******. In a criminal court you could try to appeal and convince the appellate court of the merits of your motion. In an impeachment, the Senate is functionally the Supreme (and only) court. There's precedent to this....the whole witness issue played out in the Clinton impeachment. The House filed motions to call witnesses. Clinton's defense filed counter motions. The Senate ruled they would hear no live witness testimony.

If Nancy grows the balls to actually file her impeachment with the Senate, the same thing will happen. If she doesn't grow those balls, then Trump has a plausible argument that he really hasn't been impeached.

hoping hubby said:
The impeachment resolution does not expire at the end of a Congressional term. Whoever was stating that was likely confused with legislative bills. A bill that has not passed both houses of Congress and moved onto the President for signing or veto does expire at the end of the two year congressional term. This happens to thousands of bills every two years.

However impeachment isn't a bill. It is a resolution of the House. It most certainly can be carried over into a following Congress....as evidenced by ole Billy blow jobs from interns Clinton's impeachment. The House impeached Bubba in the 105th Congress on 12/19/1998. The 105th Congress existed in 1997 and 1998. The Senate of the 106th Congress (1999 and 2000) is the body which tried Ole Bubba.

She can hold them as long as she wants....or until she's no longer the Speaker of the House. Of course holding on to them means she might as well use them to wipe her ass. Until they are officially given to the Senate, the articles are as useless as tits on a boar hog. In an impeachment process, the House fundamentally plays the role of prosecutor and the articles of impeachment are analogous to a prosecutor's indictment. If a prosecutor writes out an indictment but doesn't file it with the court, the accused really isn't functionally indicted and is in no legal jeopardy.

The Senate plays the role of the court who tries the case. Per the constitution, the Senate has the sole power to try the impeachment. Nancy and the House have zero authority to dictate any terms of the trial to the Senate just as a prosecutor in a criminal case doesn't get to dictate terms to the court. They can make motions to the court to request something be done such as calling witnesses. The defense also gets to make motions of their own and make counter arguments to the oppositions motions. These motions will get adjudicated by the court. Don't like the court's decision....tough *******. In a criminal court you could try to appeal and convince the appellate court of the merits of your motion. In an impeachment, the Senate is functionally the Supreme (and only) court. There's precedent to this....the whole witness issue played out in the Clinton impeachment. The House filed motions to call witnesses. Clinton's defense filed counter motions. The Senate ruled they would hear no live witness testimony.

If Nancy grows the balls to actually file her impeachment with the Senate, the same thing will happen. If she doesn't grow those balls, then Trump has a plausible argument that he really hasn't been impeached.

well by that statement was Clinton really impeached then

Its a bill and you just proved my point. She can hold it for ten more days. Then it become null and void.
I meant 2021 for fucks sake. Articles of impeachment are not "a bill". Here is a link to the government's website. See the word "resolution"? As to an "expiration date", I can find nothing through cursory research that it is or is not limited to the session that they originated in.

Back