Drag Racing

Ok Mac read it again "On here" should i have said any drag raciing fans on here to make you happy think of it as my own survey

Ok Mac read it again "On here" should i have said any drag raciing fans on here to make you happy think of it as my own survey
Yeah, it would have helped to just say "no white boiz" comments wanted. Makes it nice and clear.
FYI, however, my 2012 Grand Sport does a quarter in 12.4.
Have a nice biased thread.

Yeah, it would have helped to just say "no white boiz" comments wanted. Makes it nice and clear.
FYI, however, my 2012 Grand Sport does a quarter in 12.4.
Have a nice biased thread.
12.4 I hate when people leave that last digit off 12.4 what 49,45,41 or and even 40

Last edited:
12.4 is slow.
its fast enough that NHRA rules require a roll bar at he very least. Grant it by todays standard most street cars are low 11 or 10's. There are a few examples of much faster street legal cars Tom Bailys 69 Camero went 5.99 @251 MPH after driving 900 + miles

Cool. I'm guessing the winning car is yours? What car is it and what mod work have you done?

Yeah I don’t make a habit of posting Ls. My dad wanted a ******* so instead of dolls we messed around w German cars.

The car is a ‘21 M550. At the time of the vid it had a tune. Since then downpipes w high flow cats, mid pipe and dinan exhaust.

Yeah I don’t make a habit of posting Ls. My dad wanted a ******* so instead of dolls we messed around w German cars.

The car is a ‘21 M550. At the time of the vid it had a tune. Since then downpipes w high flow cats, mid pipe and dinan exhaust.
The stock M550 is pretty much a beast stock. How do you like working on it? Pain in the ass or pretty straight forward?

The stock M550 is pretty much a beast stock. How do you like working on it? Pain in the ass or pretty straight forward?

Yeah basically the same block as the M5. HP#s are often way understated on BMWs. Stock is 530 but I haven’t had it on a dyno in a while. More power was part of recipe. Increasing throttle response and getting into the power band quicker was the mission.

In general I love anything turbocharged / supercharged because it’s typically easier to do the above and I like the driving dynamic. Plaids for example are super cool but I love the sound of this car. At cruise it’s pretty quiet. In sport + with exhaust valves open it’s angry.

My Dad and I tinkered with an old FJ40 which was so easy.We have a friend w a lift and largely Porsche / Audi shop who is a godsend. Everything is wedged in the engine bay and there’s fire shields and paneling underneath that make it hard to do without access to a proper garage.

I like a lot of the coding options for some of the superficial stuff (gauges, lighting, Euro features, etc).

TLDR it’s fun and fast. Not easy to work on. Pretty easy to make insane power for a daily.

My $.02

Keeping an activity my late dad and I did together has been fun. My teenagers likes it too. Going to cars and coffee or an exotic show and being able to keep up with conversation is a lot of fun. I often catch people off guard with a basic knowledge and overall enthusiasm for cars beyond soccer mom rovers, etc.

Assuming you’re working on something??

Keeping an activity my late dad and I did together has been fun. My teenagers likes it too. Going to cars and coffee or an exotic show and being able to keep up with conversation is a lot of fun. I often catch people off guard with a basic knowledge and overall enthusiasm for cars beyond soccer mom rovers, etc.

Assuming you’re working on something??
It's nice you had your ******* to work on this hobby together. You can do it on your own but it's tough and it is so much more enjoyable when you do it with someone that has a passion for this, especially a family member. You go down the rabbit hole far enough and eventually you start taking damn near half the engine apart. Like you said in your previous post, after a while the work requires a proper garage otherwise you just don't have the access required to make necessary changes.

Me and a few buddies of mine used to tweak the hell out of Hondas and Subarus back in the day. Your post reminded me of that and brought back some fond memories for me. To be honest I was kind of surprised to see anyone had this hobby on this site, it's refreshing. I hope to see you post more about this in the future.

Back