Why China needs Hong Kong

Chinese billionaire explains that China is using HK not just to boost their GDP but primarily for money laundering! Also explains their plans to subvert the U.S. dollar. If true then then that goes A long way to explain why the current administration is choosing to take them on now.

With A relatively strong economy, taking on China and possibly putting the U.S. into A recession, I was gobsmacked as to why cheetoh would jeopardize his re-election chances.

I have personally felt that Trumps handling of this was heavy handed and lacked nuance. Why take on the CCP without lining up secondary markets for our agricultural products? Why not involve our allies in confronting Chinas currency manipulation and IP theft? If this video is true then Trumps hand was ****** on this matter. Time to take them on now before it's too late, regardless of the fallout.

Beyond the scope of the video but this would also explain why an ethnic Uighur was posted to Trumps counsel on Chinese matters.

I seriously doubt that Trump really cares about the millions of Muslim Uighurs the Chinese have rounded up and put into "re-education" centers in the last couple of years. It just doesn't seem like something Trump spend political capital on unless there was another motive. Risky in the extreme but possibly another lever he can use against the Chinese?

Lastly the Chinese system is either robust or on the verge of collapsing, depending on who is doing the commenting. China has, to borrow A boxing term, A tough chin. Historically they can absorb A hellish amount of suffering to win through, however their debt to GDP ratio has skyrocketed in recent years in an attempt to keep their economy stimulated. Trump seems to have bet his administration on this matter. Is the Chinese system A house of cards, ready to be brought down similar to Reagan and the Soviet Union? Or will they withstand the current blows against their system with the United States crashing their economy for nothing?

I can guarantee one thing. If the U.S. enters into A recession Trump won't be re-elected.
Not with the amount of debt we've racked up under his term. Also the downturn will be bad, with interest rates low and the national debt high not A lot can be done to stimulate the economy IF things go south. Short and long term bond yields have already flipped, an early indicator of recession. From where I sit Trump has truly gambled the farm on this. It will be interesting to see if he bet correctly.

Last edited:
Back