Democrats and their Wakandan Chess Set Performance

Angelyn

Female
It's a week since Pelosi and her gang of rich white property owners made a big show of kneeling in kente cloth. I still can't get that image out of my mind. Because it's so contrived. It's like a Hillary Clinton speech.

Someone online compared them to a Wakandan chess set. Someone else pointed out that the Asante people who produced this cloth were also some of the main slave traders.

I’m not African, much less Ghanaian. I don’t know much and have no right to appropriate this culture. I know Black Americans like it. But even I know a thing or two.

Years ago, a student told me random snippets. As far as I understand, kente cloth has meanings. I remember hearing that people wear black for deaths, and thinking, oh, they’re the same as us, the Africans don’t always wear bright colors.

But of course you normally don’t see people wearing black kente cloth. How many of us get invited to Ghanaian people’s funerals?

People are not supposed to wear the wrong designs. It would be a faux pas. It’s as though some Africans got a cue from a certain popular symbol of the US, and showed up at John McCain’s funeral dressed like Ronald McDonald.

Using kente cloth is already a cultural appropriation, of something that has nothing to do with George Floyd (he’s not African). It’s trying to pander to an imaginary group. But if you want to pander, at least get the meaning right.

This African was mad enough to pen an article to WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/11/educate-yourself-before-you-wear-kente/

This makes me wonder. How come the democrats perpetually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

Trump’s presidency was self-destructing in the past few months. If the democrats only just shut up and didn’t try any stunts (just voted on the right bills), Trump would have gone down the dustbin of history.

Now we see this Wakandan chess set performance, and I am reminded again of how contrived and conniving the democrats are.

Say what you like about Trump; Trump is not contrived. If he says racist stuff, he means it. If he praises dictators, he likes them. That's why he brings out the worst in people - because they can see their ugly side in him and think it's ok and being validated. That’s why he has 40% of the country firmly in his pocket.

But the democrats, the politically correct, the virtue signallers - I can't tell what they think. Pelosi, Warren, Clinton - these women don't have my trust or confidence. I know they'll always do the right thing - as long as it looks right for the current photo op.

At least we can trust Trump to do the wrong thing, to sow division, to infuriate foreign leaders and tear up treaties – regardless of the optics. Anybody who wants to US to be isolated/ isolationist will definitely not be disappointed when voting for Trump.

I have no clue whether voting Democrat is going to get the poor or minorities anywhere. As the right wing guys (rightly) point out, most big cities are Democrat run, and they are the ones with the worst police *******.

This November is going to be really terrible. I hope some rich old jerk offers me $100k to vote for his party. At least I would have a reason to vote then.

You sort of have to understand that the Democrats are a "big tent" party. How else could Pete Buttigieg and Bernie Sanders be running in the same primary?

One of the most influential wings in the DNC is what I would call the "neoliberal shill" faction, which includes Warren, Pelosi, Schumer, and most of the DNC leadership. They're centrist on most policies, but occasionally make woke overtures that either nobody pays attention to or that backfire. Every once in a long while one will resonate ("she persisted"), but mostly they get ignored and wash out in a new cycle.

This is one that will wash out.

The logic makes sense from a realpolitik standpoint. You don't really have to change anything or take on political risks doing stuff like this. Best care scenario you look woke, worst case scenario you get some news jabs that are forgotten immediately.

As a side note, the neoliberal shill wing of the RNC used to do this stuff too.

You sort of have to understand that the Democrats are a "big tent" party. How else could Pete Buttigieg and Bernie Sanders be running in the same primary?

I've said this before and I say this a lot on the internet (but not in real life where I would be aggressively attacked):

I really hope the democrats break up. They shouldn't be in the same party. Too many interests.

Breakup of the democrats will also make the Republicans break up. Once they no longer see that they need to be together to fight the democrats, the different interests in the Republican party can no longer hold together.

We are the most diverse country on earth. We have every ethnic group from Zimbabweans to Afrikaners. We have people richer than entire countries, and we have poverty on par with African states. We have the smartest PhDs and we have the most neanderthal numbskulls. These interests are all tremendously disparate. We should end up with at least 30 political parties like the Indian Lok Sabha.

I think Pelosi has the freedom and right to "show off". This is the supreme power granted to Pelosi by the constitution of the United States of America. You have no right to object.

Do you want to deprive Pelosi of human rights? You just want to be dictatorial? Do you want to be the enemy of "liberal democracy"? I have to say that you are now on the black list of liberal democracy.

Well, don't be so nervous. If you feel that your mental state is not very good, go to find some outdoor activities to relax yourself, such as robbing a supermarket, or burning a building. If the effect is not ideal, you can find a group of people to go on a street demonstration and shoot each other with the National Guard. I think these outdoor activities can fully help you relax your spirit, so that you can Have a fuller spirit to meet the new day.

I've said this before and I say this a lot on the internet (but not in real life where I would be aggressively attacked):

I really hope the democrats break up. They shouldn't be in the same party. Too many interests.

We would need some kind of proportional representation for that to work I think, since we don't have a parliamentary system. I would be for it, though!

Back